User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The ones with inflated egos will of course be narcissistic and claim that they're of higher intelligence and superior to others.

I'm supposedly ENTJ (hem hem hem my forum behavior is inconsistent to correlate with ENTJ) and while I consider myself smart, but it's not to the levels that it becomes "HAHAHAHAHAH IN YOUR FACE I AM SO SMRT". That is just plain foolish.

I am smart, but I am not. If you know what I mean.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    How do you figure that this individual is an NT?
    The hat sticker thing man. Most people leave stickers on their hats as a fashion statement, he figured out a practical application for it. To keep blunt dookie off your hat.

Thats thinking outside of the box right there.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Meh, everyone seems to think they're smart - maybe not necessarily the smartEST, but smart.

To me, when people say smart, I think of a 140+ IQ.

And yes, this doesn't apply just to NTs. I'm not disclosing my IQ score here (my adoptive father had me get tested at 14 in order to justify his insane pushiness with grades), but I still don't see myself as smart, because I'm not a Rhodes Scholar, now am I?

So when people say they're smart, I assume they found the cure for post-symptom rabies.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    How do you figure that this individual is an NT?
    Or even serious for that matter. So much fake dumb shit on youtube. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh, me, me! I'm of average intelligence!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ...that they don't need emotional intelligence...
    Emotional intelligence doesn't exist - it's an oxymoron. Before you immediately fling poo at me, read on.

Cognitive Intelligence, loosely defined, refers to one's ability to logically and rationally reason through things. There is some relatively objective standard there: either you can or you can't reason through something. Having high Cognitive Intelligence would say you are good at doing this.

Emotional Intelligence would then refer to one's ability to emotionally (i.e. subjectively) get through something. So, having high Emotional Intelligence would what? Say that you have a superior ability to feel? Sounds like something made up to justify an inability or lack of desire to control emotions.

Having high Emotional Intelligence cannot help with logically reasoning through problems. However, having high Cognitive Intelligence CAN help control, deal with and empathize with emotions.

What you see from NTs is usually that they see emotions as the devil and see dealing with them or acknowledging them as beneath them. These NTs tend to believe that emotions shouldn't exist and rationality is the be-all-end-all. Through maturity, however, NTs should learn not just that other people have emotions (and so do they! GASP), but also the importance of emotions.

So instead of making up a concept with which you can bash people over the head, call it what it is: the inability or unwillingness to acknowledge them.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    Emotional intelligence doesn't exist - it's an oxymoron. Before you immediately fling poo at me, read on.

Cognitive Intelligence, loosely defined, refers to one's ability to logically and rationally reason through things. There is some relatively objective standard there: either you can or you can't reason through something. Having high Cognitive Intelligence would say you are good at doing this.

Emotional Intelligence would then refer to one's ability to emotionally (i.e. subjectively) get through something. So, having high Emotional Intelligence would what? Say that you have a superior ability to feel? Sounds like something made up to justify an inability or lack of desire to control emotions.

Having high Emotional Intelligence cannot help with logically reasoning through problems. However, having high Cognitive Intelligence CAN help control, deal with and empathize with emotions.

What you see from NTs is usually that they see emotions as the devil and see dealing with them or acknowledging them as beneath them. These NTs tend to believe that emotions shouldn't exist and rationality is the be-all-end-all. Through maturity, however, NTs should learn not just that other people have emotions (and so do they! GASP), but also the importance of emotions.

So instead of making up a concept with which you can bash people over the head, call it what it is: the inability or unwillingness to acknowledge them.
    (Holds up poo, starts to throw, stops in mid air when you said not to fling poo, reads post, flings poo anyways.)
    IQ and EQ are two separate things, it's not "ability to have emotion" it's about the ability to read into people and interpersonal situations, and your own emotions, separate them, deal with emotionally heavy situations, etc. It does not affect problem solving or cognitive ability. (Therefore, not a true opposite- or an oxymoron.) Where did you find the info that said that EQ was a lack of desire to control emotions, or having a superior ability to feel?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post

I'd say in my case it was the inevitability of emotions. I finally decided that was irrational to have any expectation of total rationality from anybody to include myself and to, in as much as possible, learn to deal with my and others emotions - in the most rational manner of course .
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    it's about the ability to read into people and interpersonal situations, and your own emotions, separate them, deal with emotionally heavy situations, etc.
    There's no distinction between that and the ability to rationally do the same thing. The only problem is that many 'rational' people think that emotions should be discounted because they're irrational when they should be harnessed instead. EQ is still nothing but a feel-good manufactured concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    I'd say in my case it was the inevitability of emotions. I finally decided that was irrational to have any expectation of total rationality from anybody to include myself and to, in as much as possible, learn to deal with my and others emotions - in the most rational manner of course .
    Yep! Exactly. Emotions are wonderful things - as long as they're not allowed to control your life and interpersonal interactions
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Whether I think I have average intelligence or not, I'm still not going to brag or devalue myself either way. That type of thing is not interesting to me.