User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 194

  1. #41
    Junior Member tifpod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    9

    Default Hard to say, but...

    I can't speak for all NTs, obviously, but there are certain areas where my intelligence is average to low. Music, for example. I love it, but I'm so tone deaf it's crazy. Or interpersonal skills. I can tell people are upset, but I have no idea how to fix it or what to say to make them feel better.

    And then there's the fact that there's always someone smarter out there, so humility is a good thing to have. That way you don't look like a complete idiot (and jerk) when someone proves you wrong.

  2. #42
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    my best friend is an INTJ and he is convinced that his intelligence is average when it is blatantly obvious to anyone who knows him that it's closer to the 140-160 range.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #43
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I know I'm not gifted intellectually, but do I believe I can become so? Absolutely. For now I'd say I'm above average at best.


    Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post
    I think at some point most NT's realize that they are capable of a specific type of thought process that is very exploratory and open. I also think that many of them - in reaction to this realization - probably come across as vain because they believe they understand and accept complexity much more readily than the average person. There have been many times in my life when I've said to myself - "I can't believe how dumb people actually are sometimes". Let's face it: the majority of people in the world have a very hard time accepting thought processes outside their own limited scope of knowledge. It requires effort to push yourself outside of your own boundaries, and it's obvious that most people just ain't gonna do that. Part of the frustration is also that when you have people limit you with what they perceive to be "ideal" rules and ideologies (as many people are wont to do) that we do not react well to this. Even though most NT's are very "confident" in themselves, this is somewhat of a "face" because in reality, most NT's realize that their "confidence" is contingent on their knowledge and experiences. The more knowledge and experiences you acquire, the more you feel that you have an "edge" on your competition. But there's always the chance that something will come along and shake up your knowledge base.

    I think what you find on places like INTJ forum is actually a dialogue of people discussing things while attempting to remain "detached" from a conclusion. It leads to an argument style where no one actually wins - because they shouldn't, but everyone is very confident about themselves. In an "optimal" NT world all conclusions are best guesses until proven otherwise. That leads to the crux of the superiority complex I think. NT's just believe that they are less likely to have a hard bias - a mental plane that is hard to reach because you have to remain detached. It is an echelon of development that I think we strive for.
    +1
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

  4. #44
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tifpod View Post
    Music, for example. I love it, but I'm so tone deaf it's crazy.
    Lol, this is so true for myself. I really wanted to play an instrument groing up, any instrument, but music is just so lost on me. I love listening to it and all, but if I listened to a song on the radio and 10 seconds after the song ends you ask me to hum the melody of the song that just playes and I just can't do it. (Unless I expect the answer and keep the song stuck in my head or if it's just a very simple melody like row your boat or something.)

    So often I heard a good song on the radio and I want to ask my sister for example "Hey, I heard this song and want to find out what it's called" And she goes like, "ok, what does it sound like?" And I'm like "Da-da-da... Err... dada... daaaa... ehm... da, no... I don't remember...".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #45
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    May be not average intelligence but different kind of intelligence. My INTJ friend has recently confided in me that he felt jealous of the workers that were doing some repairs at his house, how quickly they could get things done and know exactly what needed to be mended. He said he was an awe of their different kind of intelligence from his.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Simi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The superiority complex is infuriating because an NT can be acting really stupid and childish and STILL THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING INTELLIGENT.
    HAHAHA.
    You just about made my night with that, considering I'm dealing with problems with an NT being really immature but thinking he is all smart. GOODNESS.
    Your epidermis is showing. <3

  7. #47
    Senior Member StrawMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I don´t remember ever meeting a person who I thought was NT and having (in my opinion) average intelligence. Meaning IQ. On the other hand, intelligence is not even close to being all you need for succeeding in life, so I don't think it's anything to brag about.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    There are plenty of NTs that I dont think would fall under the traditional definition of "smart".
    Like this fellow right here:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx1amQsBhGc"]NT[/YOUTUBE]

    Hes got it figured out.
    +10% Crit Chance

  9. #49
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

    "NTs are intrinsically superior" jokes (shitty ones) aside, have you ever heard of an intellectually humble NT?
    Yes.

    INTP most likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Every single NT is most likely to have a high IQ, since our very cognative strengths lie in that test. Not many NT's would however say that a high IQ makes someone gifted. Nor that they are gifted.

    I'm smart sure, I know my strengths and know how to use them. But I also know I have weaknesses. My intelligence according to the IQ tests may be top percentile, but I've a lot of respect for people who, despite having a much lower IQ, still realize so much more than I do. And I would give the title gifted to those people instead of myself anytime.
    +1

    IQ wise I score well-above average but not quite gifted. I got 125 on a professional test.

    I've got very good logical-mathematical intelligence, which is the main type of intelligence measured on standard IQ tests with some linguistic and spatial thrown in as well. If an IQ test were to emphasize an area I'm weak in like body or interpersonal, I'd probably be below average.



    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I think most ppl believe they're above average...
    Yes. There was a thread about this a while back.

    Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    May be not average intelligence but different kind of intelligence. My INTJ friend has recently confided in me that he felt jealous of the workers that were doing some repairs at his house, how quickly they could get things done and know exactly what needed to be mended. He said he was an awe of their different kind of intelligence from his.
    Yes. It takes all types. I'm mechanically challenged myself so I relate to this example. In turn the mechanically inclined or the socially inclined or the musicially inclined marvel at my analytical skills.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  10. #50
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    There are plenty of NTs that I dont think would fall under the traditional definition of "smart".
    Like this fellow right here:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx1amQsBhGc"]NT[/YOUTUBE]

    Hes got it figured out.
    How do you figure that this individual is an NT?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Similar Threads

  1. What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 10:04 PM
  2. [INFJ] Would an INFJ ever lie about romantic interest?
    By lithasblot in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM
  3. [NT] Defining Moments in the making of an NT.
    By ladypinkington in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM
  4. [MBTItm] What good would an NF see in an NT as a romantic partner?
    By FFF in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
  5. [INTP] Would an INTP ever say this...
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO