User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I can live with the fact that my natural ability to recognize patterns in logic puzzles or the such may not be as strong as some people. However, the ability to solve visual logic puzzles does not necessitate an ability to accumulate knowledge and information. I think one of the most important aspects to at least an INTP's "intelligence" is his or her ability to observe, analyze, and then crystallize various pieces of information. Ti doesn't just seek information; it hungers for it. Information is also seen by Ti as knowledge; the accumulation of information is the key to making logical connections and frameworks which help us understand the world in what we perceive to be an objective format. Therefore, I do not think it is really possible (unless such an individual has some sort of serious psychological problem) for at least INTPs to be "of lesser intelligence" when the context is information and knowledge. This is how we cope with reality. Without information, we feel.... lost, useless, impotent.

ThatGirl

If I was sure I was average, of course I would. But as of yet, no one has been able to prove that. And I wont be taking any fancy IQ tests either!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If I was sure I was average, of course I would. But as of yet, no one has been able to prove that. And I wont be taking any fancy IQ tests either!
    Doesn't idle curiosity get to you, to not know? It's much like all the linked tests in the subforum. Even though most of the tests can easily be swayed in that subforum, it's kind of fun.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Doesn't idle curiosity get to you, to not know? It's much like all the linked tests in the subforum. Even though most of the tests can easily be swayed in that subforum, it's kind of fun.
    Not in the least. I grew up thinking I was close to retarded, the dumbest one in my family. I took one test, my entrance exam for college and received a good score. People acted like I was really smart, and put all this possibility in front of me. The test was super easy though, so I think it was exaggerated. Basic reading comprehension, and math knowledge. But I am not going back to being the idiot. I don't wish to be made aware of anything else.

I am pretty sure I am less than genius, I don't need to know by how much.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I can live with the fact that my natural ability to recognize patterns in logic puzzles or the such may not be as strong as some people. However, the ability to solve visual logic puzzles does not necessitate an ability to accumulate knowledge and information. I think one of the most important aspects to at least an INTP's "intelligence" is his or her ability to observe, analyze, and then crystallize various pieces of information. Ti doesn't just seek information; it hungers for it. Information is also seen by Ti as knowledge; the accumulation of information is the key to making logical connections and frameworks which help us understand the world in what we perceive to be an objective format. Therefore, I do not think it is really possible (unless such an individual has some sort of serious psychological problem) for at least INTPs to be "of lesser intelligence" when the context is information and knowledge. This is how we cope with reality. Without information, we feel.... lost, useless, impotent.
    INTPs have tertiary Si, which means they can actually remember shit. Out of all the NT types, I think INTPs would do the best in accounting or med school.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I was not aware that the ability to sign a paycheck rendered you superior to those whose services (far more valuable than your own) you employ. What, if I may ask, has earned you such a privileged position? Did you initiate the business yourself and as such "own" it? Even if so, it has absolutely no bearing upon the intelligence of your "subordinates."
    I never said I was more intelligent or valuable than they were. However, there's no proof that I'm less intelligent/valuable - and as long as we're all the best fits for our roles at a given time and are competent at our jobs, we're all valuable (like I said, it's a tiny start-up) and intelligence should be irrelevant altogether. I was expressing concern (and venting, which != the intention to "debate coherently") about the fact that productivity and and morale was being compromised by unwarranted arrogance.

And yes, it's my start-up. It's so small though, that it really relies on everyone being a team-player, otherwise it could easily crumble. I'm taking steps to address that vulnerability though.

NTs are, on average, far more inclined toward not simply displaying intellect but possessing genuine intellectual capacity than the other types. This is simply the reality of our existence. You, as an ESFP, fail to provide a cogent argument despite your claims of "high" IQ and economic success. Do you not view this as a contradictory reality? You are fundamentally incapable of debating coherently and yet you are some "success" in life? Remember, our societies do not reward on the basis of talent and let alone intelligence; they reward on the basis of rapacity and pretentiousness.

Furthermore, either your sob story was recounted entirely through the lens of your sentiments or it is incomplete at best.

Furthermore, what you perceive as "arrogance" is often an honest confidence in one's own abilities. I find nothing disagreeable about believing yourself to be intellectually superior to those around you with cause, and most NTs (at least, in a relative sense) are capable of justifying a cause.

If you truly score at a Mensa level IQ, then the validity of IQ tests as a measure of intelligence only recedes in my mind. I cannot even take your writing style seriously. What a joke.
    And that is just a giant brick of ad hominem. This issue is something I was venting about and trying to get to the bottom of - not something to formally debate about.

If I wanted a real debate, I'd do it properly, about something outside my personal life. State the issue, state my argument backed by premises, etc.

But really, unlike you maybe, I'm not on a mission to "prove myself" to strangers on the internet via my posts here, so you can stop interpreting my posts as manifestation of my maximum intelligence level, which it seems you're doing. I wasn't aware that TypC was secretly an ongoing IQ test all along.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

That bolded stuff is more Ne I think. Ti wants to make sense of it all and make it work. best.

And there is always EQ.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    INTPs have tertiary Si, which means they can actually remember shit. Out of all the NT types, I think INTPs would do the best in accounting or med school.
    Medicine, maybe, if the INTP found it interesting enough and was actually passionate for eight straight years during pre-Med, which I don't think is likely (although possible). Regarding accounting, I don't think this will ever apply for me. I've hated accounting and will always hate accounting. I didn't care enough to memorize anything, that's for sure.

MBTI
    INXP

No greater elegance than INT elegance.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Medicine, maybe, if the INTP found it interesting enough and was actually passionate for eight straight years during pre-Med, which I don't think is likely (although possible). Regarding accounting, I don't think this will ever apply for me. I've hated accounting and will always hate accounting. I didn't care enough to memorize anything, that's for sure.
    Indeed, because there's no room for Ne in accounting, whereas in medicine...House MD. Enough said.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN: