First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    One question. Why are some non-NTs so fixated on NTs and their intelligence?
    I'm personally fascinated with (supposed) NT's who appear to be genuinely intelligent. (Well, that was a mouthful, trying to avoid too much assumption. ) They have quite different thought processes and communication than what I'm used to seeing and dealing with.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

You don't know if they are NTs and are guessing at this. So how would your theory about NTs hold up if one to all aren't NTs? If they are NTs why are there so many being hired? Statistically the number of NTs that surround you don't correlate to the MBTI statistics. Is it possible that you've latched onto an attitude that dislikes certain behaviours which you then attach the NT label to?
    Exactly. It's like people who type all controlling, inflexible authority figures as SJs, which just reinforces their idea that SJs are insufferable, which makes them even more likely to type any controlling, inflexible authority figure as an SJ. It's a self-propagating thing.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Lots of envy and hostility coming through there.

Remotely "chill"? Well I suppose one qualification for hiring is "who would you rather have a beer with" but that hasn't worked out so well in the (recent) past. And many NTs are actually reasonably laid back. Error in sampling?

"even the people whose paychecks I sign, lol" - oh those stupid old NTs: see, I'm really better than they are.

"I'm not jealous of their delusions" - nah, see its a delusion; they really aren't smart. Interesting how one organization has accumulated a stable of not very bright NTs - statistically unlikely but hey, anything is possible. I’d have a chat with the HR department; something appears amiss in the hiring process.
    Yea, especially before coming here, (and even now) I thought of NT's as this group of cool headed, detached, unassuming, cool, broad thinking folks. I don't think of them as being full of this intelligence dogma and angst unless they are very unhealthy. (And even then, the one's that I think that I've witnessed in real life with the angst have an issue with something else unrelated to intelligence, like interpersonal relationships. A problem with detachment vs. attachment. A whole different topic though. )

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, especially before coming here, (and even now) I thought of NT's as this group of cool headed, detached, unassuming, cool, broad thinking folks.
    That's just INTPs. The other three types are total assholes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah, true. But still make up some of the most sexy, intriguing individuals.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Aye, thinking they're all high and mighty, they got nothing on us!

....*cough* ahem... *rapidly starts blinking to divert attention away from obvious contradictions.*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, true. But still make up some of the most sexy, intriguing individuals.
    Have I ever told you how intelligent and perceptive you are?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

So why have you hired or retained NTs?
    Because they're good at the work. They're NOT so good at interacting with each other - which means chaos. They all want to take on a project their OWN way and bitch at everyone else about how they're stupid/inefficient. This slows things down a lot, especially when they decide to take it upon themselves to do it their own way - this causes redundancy and often, redundant errors.

However, that's the only issue I have with them, and the measures I've taken have drastically improved this. However, the problem still crops up, usually at the worst times possible. I think in those times, stakes are high and they want to outshine each other, and disaster ensues. Other than that, they're reliable, intelligent, hard-workers. That's why they're still on board.

Two problems. You don't know if they are NTs and are guessing at this. So how would your theory about NTs hold up if one to all aren't NTs? If they are NTs why are there so many being hired? Statistically the number of NTs that surround you don't correlate to the MBTI statistics. Is it possible that you've latched onto an attitude that dislikes certain behaviours which you then attach the NT label to?
    I actually try not to type based on faults. Just working with them for a year and a half, I've figured out what "gets through" to them the most. I notice a lot of Ti, Ne, Te and Ni. Not much S or F at all. Part of this could be the nature of the job (I'm in tech), but I noticed this with them even outside the realm of work.

Once again, more NTs. Why and how do you find them all?
    Well, with all of my friends, there's bound to be NTs. A lot of my hobbies puts me into contact with people who display many of the aforementioned (positive/neutral) NT traits. Most of my friends are NOT NTs, which makes sense due to statistics. I tend to have deeper, but less frequent contact with the NTs, as opposed to going out drinking with the same group of SJs every weekend.

We both know this isn't an accurate perception of how you view individuals externally, as it relates to yourself. While it's good that you're moving towards this perspective and deserve a pat on the back for doing so, you're also a competitive and envious individual.
    I don't really see myself as competitive. Envious, I'm not going to lie. Yes. But that's not what brought me to create this thread either. It's just something I couldn't help but notice - and I got some good explanations for it earlier in the thread (when it wasn't in the "Castrate MrCockburn Phase").

For example, if someone wondered why ESFPs seem to be histrionic, I'd be able to understand how they'd think that. And if I disagreed, I'd simply state why their perception was inaccurate.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Lots of envy and hostility coming through there.
    That's your interpretation.

Remotely "chill"? Well I suppose one qualification for hiring is "who would you rather have a beer with" but that hasn't worked out so well in the (recent) past. And many NTs are actually reasonably laid back. Error in sampling?
    That's not what I meant - I meant "chill" as in being able to cooperate with others and not cause a hold-up in production due to the failure to do so. Or alienating other excellent workers. Last summer I had a new girl there, absolutely brilliant at her job. Well, she was timid and had the "audacity" to suggest a way to approach a client's project. They ended up all cornering her in the conference room, completely attacking her personally and making a total laughingstock out of her and her idea. She ended up in tears inside my office, giving me her 2 week notice.

That is what I mean by not chill. When I posed her idea to the client, he loved it.

And yes, many NTs are laid back. Like I said, I'm friends with some of them.

"even the people whose paychecks I sign, lol" - oh those stupid old NTs: see, I'm really better than they are.
    Ahem, words in my mouth much? No, what I meant to imply was the absurdity of their belief (that they'd be totally capable of ruling the world, and heh! Who needs the stupid mortals) when I'm giving them their rent money. They're all older than me, btw. With college degrees. (I'm still in college).

"I'm not jealous of their delusions" - nah, see its a delusion; they really aren't smart. Interesting how one organization has accumulated a stable of not very bright NTs - statistically unlikely but hey, anything is possible. I’d have a chat with the HR department; something appears amiss in the hiring process.
    They're smart, but they're not superior to every other human on the planet. That's where the delusion lies.

I'm done with this now. I'm not going to defend my life decisions when all I did was ask a simple yes or no question.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    they're reliable, intelligent
    This covers the purported opening topic, no? Even you agree that NTs are intelligent. The rest is just a rant and guessing games.