First 21011121314 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    If I say it, I'm being less than genuine
    Instead of saying it ungenuinly, we're smart enough to debunk the entire discussion alltogether and come out in the clear anyway.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

One question. Why are some non-NTs so fixated on NTs and their intelligence?
    Last edited by bechimo; 08-05-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added "some" to correct inaccurate broad brush stroke.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    One question. Why are non-NTs so fixated on NTs and their intelligence?
    As comprehension of higher intelligence is inherently impossible, you should say "and their supposed intelligence".

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    As comprehension of higher intelligence is inherently impossible, you should say "and their supposed intelligence".
    It occurred to me but I decided otherwise due to the nature of this thread.

Or maybe the question should be "What difference does it make if NTs believe they are intelligent whereby some are and some aren't?".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It occurred to me but I decided otherwise due to the nature of this thread.

Or maybe the question should be "What difference does it make if NTs believe they are intelligent whereby some are and some aren't?".
    That would definatley be the politically correct question, but since when are politics any fun?

MBTI
    INTP

The obvious barbed joke is pure envy.

But I think the real answer is some combination of: 1) it is that intelligence (or outward manifestation there of) is their most salient characteristic, 2) their intelligence can be a bit mysterious (how often have I been asked: "who talks that way?" or "do you REALLY spend time thinking about things like this?") and 3) intelligence is valued but often mistrusted and is often seen as threatening and/or a proxy for arrogance.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Because you are. (Collective 'you' not necessarily personal)

My job surrounds me with NTs and they constantly sneer at the 'dumb masses' (even the people whose paychecks I sign, lol). And you guys do it online explicitly too.

The only people in my workplace who are even remotely chill are the ESTP, ISFJ and the ENFJ. The other six people are likely NTs and drive me up the fucking wall with their arrogance. Each NT thinks (s)he's smarter than (unbeknownst to him) the other NTs.

It's amusing but fucking annoying. It's not just at work either, but the NTs I befriend in real life are obviously going to be more chill.

I'm not jealous of their delusions. I'm me, and I can only do the best I can.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Because you are. (Collective 'you' not necessarily personal)
    But who started it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    My job surrounds me with NTs and they constantly sneer at the 'dumb masses' (even the people whose paychecks I sign, lol).
    So why have you hired or retained NTs?

The only people in my workplace who are even remotely chill are the ESTP, ISFJ and the ENFJ. The other six people are likely NTs and drive me up the fucking wall with their arrogance. Each NT thinks (s)he's smarter than (unbeknownst to him) the other NTs.
    Two problems. You don't know if they are NTs and are guessing at this. So how would your theory about NTs hold up if one to all aren't NTs? If they are NTs why are there so many being hired? Statistically the number of NTs that surround you don't correlate to the MBTI statistics. Is it possible that you've latched onto an attitude that dislikes certain behaviours which you then attach the NT label to?

It's not just at work either, but the NTs I befriend in real life are obviously going to be more chill.
    Once again, more NTs. Why and how do you find them all?

I'm not jealous of their delusions. I'm me, and I can only do the best I can.
    We both know this isn't an accurate perception of how you view individuals externally, as it relates to yourself. While it's good that you're moving towards this perspective and deserve a pat on the back for doing so, you're also a competitive and envious individual.

MBTI
    INTP

Lots of envy and hostility coming through there.

Remotely "chill"? Well I suppose one qualification for hiring is "who would you rather have a beer with" but that hasn't worked out so well in the (recent) past. And many NTs are actually reasonably laid back. Error in sampling?

"even the people whose paychecks I sign, lol" - oh those stupid old NTs: see, I'm really better than they are.

"I'm not jealous of their delusions" - nah, see its a delusion; they really aren't smart. Interesting how one organization has accumulated a stable of not very bright NTs - statistically unlikely but hey, anything is possible. I’d have a chat with the HR department; something appears amiss in the hiring process.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups