User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I can usually spot kind of a innocence right from the posture of women. I mean, the kind of people who are kind, sincere and honest but who don't make a number of that. And when I spot that, there's a good chance that I also get romantically interested in the woman.

Another thing that I have been thinking about that I think somewhat relates to the subject is what really makes you have a crush on someone. My theory is that feeling "chemistry" with someone is usually connected to exceptional mutual understanding of non-verbal communication. I mean, most of it is usually misunderstood even though you may get a strong sense of the other person but still there are times when the non-verbal communication and reality just happen match exceptionally well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Demeanor can have a bigger impact on me than details of a person's appearance, which I won't note so readily, and I do see demeanor as a manifestation of personality. I tend to take people in as a whole, form an impression, and then maybe later analyze it & note details to support that impression.

Of course, this is far more easily & accurately done in person than in photos.

Friends recently, teasingly asked my boyfriend & I how we met, saying, "So was it his eyes, his smile that caught your attention?", and I said, "It was his demeanor. I'm a vibe person". I don't even note body language or facial expression unless I consciously prompt myself to (but in retrospect, I'll see how it did affect the "vibe" I got; it's like I absorb it unconsciously).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Yes, totally. I'm never attracted to someone based solely on looks. It's whether I like the look of them, which has largely to do with vibe and what they project, the way they speak, etc. It's the whole picture, the total aura.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    but still there are times when the non-verbal communication and reality just happen match exceptionally well.
    Like 30 minutes ago, things ended before they began with an INTP girl with whom I experienced this. So, naturally, I'm in a terrible mood right now. In her development, she's past the point where she realizes NT directness hurts others but hasn't gotten to the point where she can confidently say what needs to be said (which she would have done without hesitation before the first point), so I had to make darned sure she understood that directness was more than OK... and it hurt, but she was direct. And I am on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Demeanor can have a bigger impact on me than details of a person's appearance, which I won't note so readily, and I do see demeanor as a manifestation of personality. I tend to take people in as a whole, form an impression, and then maybe later analyze it & note details to support that impression.
    YES YES YES. This is it. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Of course, this is far more easily & accurately done in person than in photos.
    Except this. Demeanor from still photos doesn't contain as much information as live, behavioral demeanor to me (i.e. body language, at the intuitive level).

I only see body language and facial expressions (sensory level) because I've specifically studied them, but in this thread I was more relating to the intuitive level (previous sentence).
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post

Except this. Demeanor from still photos doesn't contain as much information as live, behavioral demeanor to me (i.e. body language, at the intuitive level).

I only see body language and facial expressions (sensory level) because I've specifically studied them, but in this thread I was more relating to the intuitive level (previous sentence).
    Maybe you're using "intuitive" in a non-MBTI sense, but otherwise I don't think it's accurate to say that "overall demeanor" is intuitive vs body language etc being sensory. I definitely look at the whole impression of someone, not bits and pieces. Otherwise it'd take way longer than I care to spend!
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Because, you know, it's not possible for me to have been referring to the fact that I take in demeanor at the intuitive level and I table in body language at the sensing level. Not good with context/subtle-neuances, are ya?

Yep. I'm being very blunt. But you appeared here to argue a point without taking the time to understand what I could have meant where part of your argument was that you don't want to take the time to understand. Way to go!
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ah ok, so not using intuitive in the MBTI sense. Gotcha.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

There's no difference.

The MBTI sense of Intuition covers both Ni (seeing things with the mind's eye) and Ne (seeing the world as more than the sum of its parts, most of which are ignored by themselves)

When I say that I take it in at the intuitive level, this would be Ne (corresponding with the P half of my personality).

I see both.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I noticed myself recently analyzing a girl at a prayer meeting I went to... trying to figure out why she was so fake She was standing there talking to the girls around me, and as she tried to make eye contact with me, I realized "crap, I'm analyzing her totally to her face.... I should join in the conversation or something really fast so as to fool her into believing I care about what we're talking about... crap, wha tare we talking about? :P " She probably thought I was weird because I was kindof staring at her... watching her reactions etc. :P Maybe this is what is meant when people say INFJ's don't notice details... we notice them, they're just different from what most other people notice.