• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Dating a INTP guy/male ? Tell us your type

What's your MBTI type, if you're dating an INTP male

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

• INFJ

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • INTJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• INFP

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • INTP

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ESTP

• ESFP

• ENFP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

• ENTJ

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think when you say guy/male, guy gets a little redundant, you know? :alttongue: Btw nice thread idea :)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well...I've self-identified as ESTP for a long time now, but dating my INTP and seeing how insanely similar we are has made me reevaluate my stance on this. I've always thought of myself as an atypical ESTP since, although I possess the same irreverently goofy temperament as an ESTP, I don't really behave like them when I go through the motions of my normal life. I've come to a point, though, where I'm realizing you can only say "I'm exactly like this except for all these reasons that don't fit me!" for so long before you have to admit that the shoe's not fitting. :p

Also, when I discovered that my boy has studied MBTI, we had a conversation and he told me that my thought process isn't very sensory and that I go about things more in the way an NT would.

So in short, my answer is uh...ExTP? :p Not sure how to answer your poll without throwing it.

bulldog

MBTI Type
INTP
I think when you say guy/male, guy gets a little redundant, you know? :alttongue: Btw nice thread idea :)

Sorry, I didn't know if with the word "guy" people would understand that I was mentioning males particularly.

Well...I've self-identified as ESTP for a long time now, but dating my INTP and seeing how insanely similar we are has made me reevaluate my stance on this. I've always thought of myself as an atypical ESTP since, although I possess the same irreverently goofy temperament as an ESTP, I don't really behave like them when I go through the motions of my normal life. I've come to a point, though, where I'm realizing you can only say "I'm exactly like this except for all these reasons that don't fit me!" for so long before you have to admit that the shoe's not fitting. :p

Also, when I discovered that my boy has studied MBTI, we had a conversation and he told me that my thought process isn't very sensory and that I go about things more in the way an NT would.

So in short, my answer is uh...ExTP? :p Not sure how to answer your poll without throwing it.
N-S differenciation can be a little complicated.

Anyway, there's seems to be a tie with INFJ, INFP, ENFP and ENTP types for the moment.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think single male INTPs are more common. For instance, all two of them (including myself) that I know personally.

rav3n

*crickets chirping*

Want me to bump up your numbers with ex's? :tongue:

bulldog

MBTI Type
INTP
I think single male INTPs are more common. For instance, all two of them (including myself) that I know personally.
Yeah, most of us prefer to be alone.

*crickets chirping*
Want me to bump up your numbers with ex's? :tongue:
Yes if you want, as an INTP, I know we can't keep a relationship for long. We're a special kind.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Lol Male INTP. I wouldn't bother. Because I'm an INTP myself... this just doesn't seem like a good idea. I can just imagine the types of conversations we'd have. Not to mention lack of social life.

We should have a thread about types that shouldn't date a male INTP. That would be more interesting.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, most of us prefer to be alone.

Yes if you want, as an INTP, I know we can't keep a relationship for long. We're a special kind.

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. How long you can keep a relationship for has nothing to do with one's MBTI type. It depends on the person and how much he/she is willing to put into the relationship.

LEGERdeMAIN

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. How long you can keep a relationship for has nothing to do with one's MBTI type. It depends on the person and how much he/she is willing to put into the relationship.

What are your sources? Honestly I can't take this opinion seriously unless I see some kind of bibliography or some cold hard facts. I do agree that it depends on the prison to some degree, but type has been shown time and time again to be a factor in whatever it is you're talking about.

bulldog

MBTI Type
INTP
Lol Male INTP. I wouldn't bother. Because I'm an INTP myself... this just doesn't seem like a good idea. I can just imagine the types of conversations we'd have. Not to mention lack of social life.
I had a INTP female friend, we used to laugh a lot.

We should have a thread about types that shouldn't date a male INTP. That would be more interesting.

Lol every types ? Except the types that can love and take/accept a lot from their men.

------------------

INFPs are in the lead now in the poll.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I dated an INTP a while. It just kind of fizzled out, neither of us had the motivation to really care about being in a relationship. We're still great friends though, and we have some fantastic discussions.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Not now, but I've dated two INTP's in the past. One lasted two yearsish (atlough mostly long-distance), and was my first love The other was like three months.

The discussions I had with these two (like any other INTP I know) were excellant. But life stuff got in the way.

(I'm INFP if it isn't obvious ;-))

bulldog

MBTI Type
INTP
Not now, but I've dated two INTP's in the past. One lasted two yearsish (atlough mostly long-distance), and was my first love The other was like three months.

The discussions I had with these two (like any other INTP I know) were excellant. But life stuff got in the way.

(I'm INFP if it isn't obvious ;-))

INFPs seems to like INTPs. I don't know why.

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Not currently, but I was married (somewhat disastrously) to an INTP male.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm married to an INTP. Best thing I ever did.

I suppose, technically, we're not dating. But I voted anyway.

I Never Find Peace

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
4w5
So it's the win for us INFP's! There's something so magnetic about the INTP/INFP dynamic. I'm pretty sure his last GF before me was also INFP. I should add that my first crush was Mr. Spock on old Star Trek reruns.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
The INTP males I know seem to catch the eye of mostly NFs. suprise, suprise. *rolls eyes*

I see the most common types as being xNxx and ISFx. pretty broad range and it mostly comes from what I read online. *sigh* There's a lot of complaints about INTP partners and INTP potentials out there. I get torn between deciding whether I should retrain myself or just wear a warning sign.