MBTI
    INTP

Smile Dating a INTP guy/male ? Tell us your type

I'm just curious...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think when you say guy/male, guy gets a little redundant, you know? Btw nice thread idea
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well...I've self-identified as ESTP for a long time now, but dating my INTP and seeing how insanely similar we are has made me reevaluate my stance on this. I've always thought of myself as an atypical ESTP since, although I possess the same irreverently goofy temperament as an ESTP, I don't really behave like them when I go through the motions of my normal life. I've come to a point, though, where I'm realizing you can only say "I'm exactly like this except for all these reasons that don't fit me!" for so long before you have to admit that the shoe's not fitting. :P

Also, when I discovered that my boy has studied MBTI, we had a conversation and he told me that my thought process isn't very sensory and that I go about things more in the way an NT would.

So in short, my answer is uh...ExTP? :P Not sure how to answer your poll without throwing it.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think when you say guy/male, guy gets a little redundant, you know? Btw nice thread idea
    Sorry, I didn't know if with the word "guy" people would understand that I was mentioning males particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Well...I've self-identified as ESTP for a long time now, but dating my INTP and seeing how insanely similar we are has made me reevaluate my stance on this. I've always thought of myself as an atypical ESTP since, although I possess the same irreverently goofy temperament as an ESTP, I don't really behave like them when I go through the motions of my normal life. I've come to a point, though, where I'm realizing you can only say "I'm exactly like this except for all these reasons that don't fit me!" for so long before you have to admit that the shoe's not fitting. :P

Also, when I discovered that my boy has studied MBTI, we had a conversation and he told me that my thought process isn't very sensory and that I go about things more in the way an NT would.

So in short, my answer is uh...ExTP? :P Not sure how to answer your poll without throwing it.
    N-S differenciation can be a little complicated.

Anyway, there's seems to be a tie with INFJ, INFP, ENFP and ENTP types for the moment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I think single male INTPs are more common. For instance, all two of them (including myself) that I know personally.

*crickets chirping*

Want me to bump up your numbers with ex's?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I think single male INTPs are more common. For instance, all two of them (including myself) that I know personally.
    Yeah, most of us prefer to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    *crickets chirping*
    Want me to bump up your numbers with ex's?
    Yes if you want, as an INTP, I know we can't keep a relationship for long. We're a special kind.

MBTI
    INTP

Lol Male INTP. I wouldn't bother. Because I'm an INTP myself... this just doesn't seem like a good idea. I can just imagine the types of conversations we'd have. Not to mention lack of social life.

We should have a thread about types that shouldn't date a male INTP. That would be more interesting.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah, most of us prefer to be alone.

Yes if you want, as an INTP, I know we can't keep a relationship for long. We're a special kind.
    I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. How long you can keep a relationship for has nothing to do with one's MBTI type. It depends on the person and how much he/she is willing to put into the relationship.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. How long you can keep a relationship for has nothing to do with one's MBTI type. It depends on the person and how much he/she is willing to put into the relationship.
    What are your sources? Honestly I can't take this opinion seriously unless I see some kind of bibliography or some cold hard facts. I do agree that it depends on the prison to some degree, but type has been shown time and time again to be a factor in whatever it is you're talking about.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”