User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I've done social things all day and most of the last two weeks. I'm literally having trouble putting sentences together because I'm so fizzled.

MBTI
    istp

I'm sure it's perfectly possible to be a socially active INTx. But if that is also desirable, remains to be seen. A large social life involves a constant flow of trivialities, routine tasks and intrusions that hardly fit in the stereotypical INT's ways.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I would like to think I'm a social INT. In fact, I probably appear to be more extroverted to my more introverted friends and have been mistaken as such. But, when around those who are truly extroverted, like one of my friends in college who likes to try to introduce me to the wonders of college parties (ugh...), or my brother who loves to be around people ALL THE TIME, you can most definitely tell I am introverted.

I find that if I spend a weekend around just my friends, I probably want to spend the rest of the week alone until the next weekend. Also, I tend to speak less if there is a large group of people. I think this is usually because of a combination of not being interested on wherever the conversation is going, processing what each person says (and possibly re-evaluating my own opinion) before adding in my two cents, and just being down right shy.

So, based on my own experiences, I suppose an INT can definitely be social, so long as they have a period of downtime to recharge and if they spend their social time around a small group people who share the same basic interests.
    Last edited by Cerridwen; 07-27-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Word choice changes <.<;
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Introverts can be very social in small groups. In very small numbers, especially one on one, it's extroverts that fade out.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    Only a very few people are 100% introverted imo so i was wondering if it is possible to be a social INTJ/INTP.
    Yes. I'm quite social. But some times i do feel like my time spent hanging out with people could be put to better use...
    I'm still looking for the balance i guess
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Have come to accept my deficiencies in being "social". That helps. Allowing yourself to accept feeling awkward or not always being a small talk master or making faux pas; is not a big deal. Embrace the downtime; people are not tripping out on you most of the time as long as you’re not tripping on yourself.

That and a few social tricks/tactics/strategies gets me through the bumps. Seeing the social game as a science or game can help the INTx make sense of the whole rigmarole. Also having an understanding on how being social has an impact on the big picture.

And if all else fails there is always alcohol.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"