User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    When I want to I'll socialize beyond the realms of any extrovert known to man.
    That defies the logic of socialization. How very un-INTJ of you.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That defies the logic of socialization. How very un-INTJ of you.
    INTJs logical? Bizarro world over here...

Extroverts are weak sauce they don't know how to party hard cause they care too much about what other people think.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTj

You can train yourself to be more extroverted. I am also an INTx, but mostly an INTJ..a lot of flipping and flopping among my functions. Super introverted. I mean I can sit in my room for weeks and entertain myself if I have to

Lately I have been training myself through practice and self-hypnosis to be more extroverted, and let me tell you it is definitely possible. Although I need my recharge time. You have to start viewing people as opportunities. Try to connect with them. Make them believe that they are similar to you, so exagerrate interests and strengths/weaknesses. What can you extract via conversing with them? Try to figure them out like a puzzle. If nothing, then you're exactly where you were before. It's tough to explain since it's new to me, but basically view a potential conversation in the same way as reading a few pages alone. You are trying to learn. Start talking to used car salesmen who seem to be ESTP types by majority. If you have a developed inferior Se then you can learn to emulate how they interact with the world. They are strangely similar to INTJs in a lot of ways. Show people your adventerous side...summon your Se and do illogical and risky things. People respect that..ESPECIALLY when they get to see your true side because you will look super dynamic. Intermittently shift to use Ni/Te/Fi to read through BS and intentions and to come up with your next move. Use Se to implement it smoothly. Learn to recognize when you are using what functions and program your consciousness to be able to access them when you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Sure why not, it depends on the crowd.

Shine a new light on and reinvent what the weak say; It's not me it's you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Extroverts are weak sauce they don't know how to party hard cause they care too much about what other people think.
    Yes, this.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

Anew Leaf

I have two INTP friends who are quite social.

One is 5w6 SO/??. He plays a lot of instruments and he's involved in his church with playing on the weekends. His weekends are usually pretty filled with going out with friends, and then his weekday nights are spent being alone for the most part. He lives in a house with 5 other guys. He is definitely an I-NTP though, not E-NTP. (I had him take the test, ha! Plus I know him very well.) In small groups he will be pretty chatty, but in larger groups he doesn't say much at all.

My other friend is E-gram unknown. He has an ENFX girlfriend who runs him around everywhere. He's definitely an Introvert as well, but he doesn't mind helping friends out, going out to bars, etc. He is probably SO/SX.

My dad is also an INTP and he is definitely 5w6 SO/SX. Get a drink in him and he turns into an ENTP with no indoor voice and talking a mile a minute to anyone and everyone. It's actually rather entertaining until it becomes horrifying....

On the other side of the INT fence, the INTJs I have known over the years have been more likely to NOT be social.

Just what I have observed! Hope this helps your thread even though I is not an INTX.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Sure it's possible, but such actions will drain an introvert.
    Yes. I can wing it for as long as I need to and I'm sure even pass as an extrovert to people who don't know me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFJ

This INTP guy I'm into has many friends, and many people always wanting to hang out with him.

But the thing about him is he is drained by it, and he would just rather hide away in his bedroom then come out and hang with all his many friends.
    Your epidermis is showing. <3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    On the other side of the INT fence, the INTJs I have known over the years have been more likely to NOT be social.
    Interesting. My INTP has always been much more social than I am, though like ceecee I can pass as an extravert in professional situations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...