User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    istp

I didn't care about school, or the people there. My grades were bad, and in six years I didn't make lasting friends except for a couple good guys (which I see rarely anyway). Usually I just slept or thought about other stuff for those 5-6 hours and then I went home as soon as the classes ended. It wasn't bad or anything, I just couldn't care less.
    It's the same now with the job, btw.
    Nowadays the only people I'm ok interacting with (on a constant basis) apart from my gf, are other online gamers.
    Moral of the story: I really can't be bothered with social life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Academically, I was a pretty bad student. I didn't really pay attention and rarely turned in things on time. To be honest, I thought the work we were assigned was too repetitive and I knew much of whatever they were trying to teach me. I distinctly remembering getting an A during one grading period in English, having it drop down to a low C the next, and then having a teacher question why I never turn in on time (the reason why I made the C) when she knew I was capable of doing the work well.

Socially... well... before junior year, I was painfully shy, extremely introverted, and didn't talk much at all. I probably spent most of my time in the library reading fantasy books or reading up on mythology or on the computers reading through forums (it's how I cam across MBTI).

In junior year and senior year, I grew up and matured a bit over the summer of my junior year. I became less shy. I had a small group of friends and a ton of acquaintances and could basically "hang out" with any clique without feeling too uncomfortable. I was still definitely an introvert though. During a class assignment where everyone had to choose whatever animal they believed best described each person in the class, those that didn't really spend a lot of time around me chose mouse . A close friend of mine who was in the same class said that he didn't think that described me at all. Ironically, I think he chose some sort of feline to describe me...
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I wasn't very social in high school. I was a bit of a loner with a mix of social butterfly because not being part of a clique gave me a degree of freedom to hang out with whoever I chose. Didn't care much for going to class. I did like a flag football class I took multiple times for PE credit.

I started smoking cigs around 15 pot at around 16. It was love at first toke. After that often hung out with stoners and people who would ditch class. Experimented with shrooms and LSD which I liked but were weary of as my cousin had a mental breakdown/schizophrenia in his early 20s (which the family blamed on LSD).

My Junior year I liked a Humanities first period class and would attend that class and ditch most of the other classes during the day. I liked my study hall class where I read fantasy books.

Bullied by one asshole who would throw hardened gum under the desk at me while the math teacher was passes out drunk. Never stood up to him. (he appologised years later. I accepted it but not in my heart and years after that ran into him mad dogged him hoping he would confront me and fight it out but he walked the other way)

Never went to pep rallies; saw it for what it was; bad propaganda. Had some friends and believe I was generally liked in a friedly associate way (more so liked in retrospect than I noticed at the time) but nobody particularly close until around 16 1/2 and even then the friendship (w ESTJ badboy) was an odd one where I wouldn't talk about feelings and we would mostly hang out and insult each other, ride our bikes around town, drink beer and smoke pot. Occasionally we would go to parties when word of a kegger or similar party got out.

Somehow I ended up as a "talented underachiever" in Mock Trial/Academic decathlon and did rather well in both.

Got expelled from high school for not attending class and put in an alternative "continuation school" where I was able to graduate a semester early with a diploma and was essentially the valedictorian of my graduation year for this alternative school.

My parents never gave me much money. I didn't have a car and dressed pretty grubby. In retrospect it seemed like their was a fair about of materialism in high school which I tried to avoid subscribing too. However my folks have a big house and when they were on vacation I threw a big New Years Eve party with flyer's (even stickers) , kegs and a band. About 400 people were at the party and it was deemed a success. Got some social props for that party.

I was pretty good looking at the time (didn't think so, one or two pimples made me feel like I had the plague) but was very nervous of girls I found attractive and bad at small talk. I liked to daydream about girls but never got the courage to ask a girl out. think I kissed a girl or two in high school but for the life of me I don't recall.

The best thing I liked about going to high school was day dreaming about girls and ditching.

I was glad when it was over, why did it seem to last so long.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm currently in highschool, so I don't have the benefits of hindsight.

I do fairly well. Plenty of people label me as an "overachiever", even, but I know better. I put 100% passion into the subjects that I find interesting, which probably feeds that illusion, but I really could not be bothered to care about certain other things. Volunteer work at school events, for instance. I need to do it if I want to get anywhere college applications-wise, but it's like pulling teeth dragging myself out of bed on a Saturday morning to go greet people at the competitions hosted on campus or something. I'll study until I drop though, especially if I've got that two o'clock adrenaline rush. I physically cannot bring myself to just give up and fall asleep if there's something due the next day, insomnia will plague me until it gets done.

Socially, the situation is fair enough that I'm never at a loss for someone to partner up with in the event of a group project, and I've never had to wander around the cafeteria because there's no one that I know to sit with. I get plenty of invitations for out of school events and parties, but I find myself coming up with pathetic excuses to avoid them. It's not that I really dislike the people involved or anything, just the idea of going out when I don't have to kind of turns my stomach. Gone through a few boyfriends, it's true, but it was nothing serious, more to pass the time than anything.

I flirted with debate for a year, but eventually I dropped it. It wasn't bad, I could really kick ass if I wanted to, but I disliked the debate team coach, and she didn't care much for me either. She was too by-the-book, I was too mouthy. I found my niche in the school's fine arts department, which is very serious, and tight knit. The only people I'll actually bother going anywhere outside of school with are from my art classes, which are pretty intense. Academically, the grades in my humanities-oriented classes are pretty fantastic, and I can achieve them without effort. Foreign languages are a cinch. Maths are more of a struggle, but nothing insurmountable. I've butted heads with a few teachers, gotten along well with others.

In short, it's nothing too fun, nothing too miserable. But I'll be glad when it's done.
    Last edited by mujigay; 08-06-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Enneagram
    5w4

I was the nice one that didn't get picked on and was pretty invisible. I did have friends but I'd mainly share my time between two groups - one was the Asian group, and another was the wacky group where we prided ourselves on our weirdness. Sometimes my friends would find me in the library alone, reading stuff like Aesop's Fables or whatever I felt like looking up that particular day. They'd ask, "You're interested in this stuff?"
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

At the beginning of high school I was an ENTJ, quite social with a ton of friends and always looking for more. Then I morphed into an INTJ and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with me, as I no longer felt the need to socialize with fellow students or even my friends. They'd invite me to parties and I would retreat inward, bringing down the entire vibe as they tried to get me to open up again. I also became snottier in terms of the things I would say and do to them and most of them finally gave up.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    At the beginning of high school I was an ENTJ, quite social with a ton of friends and always looking for more. Then I morphed into an INTJ and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with me, as I no longer felt the need to socialize with fellow students or even my friends. They'd invite me to parties and I would retreat inward, bringing down the entire vibe as they tried to get me to open up again. I also became snottier in terms of the things I would say and do to them and most of them finally gave up.
    And now you are an INTP. That's contra-evolution right there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

I intrigued people for some reason. A lot of people wanted to be my friend because I was interesting, I was very trusted. However, I only had about 5 friends at most because I was too snarky for most people to tolerate and I didn't trust easily.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    Were you social?
    Did you have a lot of friends etc.
    High school is a graduate school in Europe.
    A confusion in terms.
    You mean the intermediate stage between the elementary school and the college.

cv/academia.

Park School '48.
    I had a friend. A mrs Henderson. She liked my poetry.

Evangelical School '50.
    God was the friend of everybody.

English School '51.
    Nobody dared to have a friend.

Volkschule '52.
    Luther accepted friends. Did friends accept Luther?

I got moved to the back seats of all my classes because I was an over achiever. Knowing everything the teachers were spouting from their lips drew me to stare out of the window for hours on end admiring the views. Never did any work until the last minute and received higher grades than anyone who'd spend the whole term on it. I grew heavily detached and uninterested to the point teachers held me back to ask if I was like being raped at home or something. I had tonnes of friends of both sexes but was never interested in hanging out with them outside of school because they bored me as human beings and I always had something cooler to do than aimlessly hangout. I talked to anyone who talked to me. It was usually chicks who needed someone unbiased who'd listen or likeminded nerds who wanted to talk tech. Boo-yah.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.