User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I always had a few close friends, and we had some good times. Never did parties or anything big, we did have gang wars over lunchtimes, that was good fun throwing rocks at each other and fighting over benches . I was happy enough with just a handful of people... but really, it was a small school, there weren't that many people in the classes anyway.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't really buy into the whole concept of High School being this life altering experience that I could later reflect upon as the apex of my life, thus I had very little interest in participating in extra curricular activities or getting too heavily involved in the culture; I played the stereotypical cliche disinterested, cynical, High School douche canoe, counting the days until graduation, role. Like anyone else, I had my circle of friends, which looking back I'd probably consider more along the lines of acquaintances, but at the very least I was able to forgo eating my lunch alone while wedged between the vending machines.

How I acted depended on the environment of the classroom. If I shared classes with my friends, I was the sarcastic practical joker with a bit of a habit of doing and saying things that would get myself into trouble, whereas in other classes I would just keep to myself and participate as little as necessary.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was actually surprisingly social in highschool. I had an easy time making friends, not too many but more than a few. I suppose I was just very accessible and likable to people.

But at the same time, I clearly did not put much stock in the relationships I had back then since none survived the all-work-and-no-play-makes-fluffywolf-a-dull-boy phase.

I never really actively sought out friendships and such though, they sort of just came to me instead. Now that I don't meet people with similar interests anymore, they seemed to have stopped coming. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was "nice," high grades, was in all the music programs. Never really got into conflicts with people. I was selected as "Choir Member of the Year" my senior year, which shocked me because it was an award solely voted on by the other students; I had no idea people even would think of me, even though I was very active.

While I was seemingly liked by everyone, I didn't feel very noticed. I had about 5-6 people I would spend time with at school, etc., and maybe 2-3 I did things with outside of school. But none of them are in my life now. The best friends I've ever had, I didn't find until college and later. I felt pretty alone and like I didn't fit in. I don't think I'd ever want to relive high school again, not unless I was the me I am now and remember all that I've learned; some of my isolation was my own perception, I know now, and reaching out was not even something I understood well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was "nice," high grades, was in all the music programs. Never really got into conflicts with people. I was selected as "Choir Member of the Year" my senior year, which shocked me because it was an award solely voted on by the other students; I had no idea people even would think of me, even though I was very active.

While I was seemingly liked by everyone, I didn't feel very noticed. I had about 5-6 people I would spend time with at school, etc., and maybe 2-3 I did things with outside of school. But none of them are in my life now. The best friends I've ever had, I didn't find until college and later. I felt pretty alone and like I didn't fit in. I don't think I'd ever want to relive high school again, not unless I was the me I am now and remember all that I've learned; some of my isolation was my own perception, I know now, and reaching out was not even something I understood well.
    I never really felt noticed much at all either (Well, there was this one time, but that was just some practical joke putting me in the school's spotlights), but I quite liked that myself, the not being noticed part, I have mixed feelings about the time I was put in the spotlights.. :P

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I never really felt noticed much at all either (Well, there was this one time, but that was just some practical joke putting me in the school's spotlights), but I quite liked that myself, the not being noticed part, I have mixed feelings about the time I was put in the spotligts.. :P
    Yeah. Well, I think if my home situation had been better, where I didn't feel invisible all the time there, I wouldn't have had such a need to feel like people knew I was alive in school. For many years I felt like a ghost, which was a step beyond what I really wanted/needed. Things seem much different nowadays, with me being in a much more stable place. ALone time is good for getting things done.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. Well, I think if my home situation had been better, where I didn't feel invisible all the time there, I wouldn't have had such a need to feel like people knew I was alive in school. For many years I felt like a ghost, which was a step beyond what I really wanted/needed. Things seem much different nowadays, with me being in a much more stable place. ALone time is good for getting things done.
    Hmm, I have always felt and still feel invisible in my family situation, in a sense.

I think there's a big difference in being an INTP guy or girl at tha age though. 'Silent' girls are much more socially pressured, especially at that age. Whilest the 'silent' guy type is generally left alone. :P

At least I remember I had a lot of freedom in highschool, people generally left me to my own devices, 'my way was okay'. There was little pressure. And I didn't have a trouble studying or anything like that either.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I found myself unlike most of my schoolmates. I had no real friends to speak of, but was on collegial terms with many people in my own classes, and in the extracurriculars I joined. At least I was no longer picked on much, as I had been in elementary and middle school. At lunch, I never went to the lunchroom, but hung out in the music room with a few other kids on the fringes. We ate together and played piano for each other. My schedule was completely full, so no study halls or other unscheduled time to deal with. I came to resent, though, how inefficient the school day was. I added up the minutes once, and determined that only about 55% of the school day was spent in actual learning activities.

Overall, then, I focused on my studies, excelled in all my classes, and was respected by my teachers. I consistently set ambitious goals for myself, and met them, both in and out of school. I would have liked to socialize with like-minded/valued people of similar age, but none seemed available, and I saw no point in most of the things my schoolmates pursued in their free time. By high school, I was able to enjoy the company of the adults in my life more, especially some neighbors who became like an extra aunt and uncle.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

I am currently in high school.

I am somewhat social, originally I developed friends or got in a group or "wolf pack" as another poster put it more out necessity than want, it attracts attention if someone is to eat alone and not have friends, its annoying. I have a somewhat large amount of acquaintances or "friends" I consider very few of them to be my actual friends because they know actually nothing about me and dislike me acting normal. Many of my "friends" consider me their "best friend". I officially met my best friend freshman year, he turned out to be an intp. I sat with a group of somewhat outcasts goths and stoners but the group dissolved when I moved. So I found a geek group to fall in with but i would more likely be considered a jock.

I had a somewhat serious girlfriend who's type im not sure if I know, she turned out to be a compulsive liar and cheated though, so that was an experience. I currently have a girlfriend but am becoming disinterested because all she wants to do is jump on top of me.

I am involved in some extracurricular, (like rock climbing, singing).

My grades are good except for language classes, the bane of my high school classes. When people are not to afraid of me they tend to ask me for help, this is most prominent in math.

I am horrible with making new friends.

I think I am generally liked or people don't tend to have an opinion of me. I like intimidating people when they are stupid or annoying me, I am no longer picked on like I was in elementary school, now people tend to fear me (this is pretty much contradictory to people generally liking me, i am aware).

MBTI
    INTJ

how did you act in high school?
    I didn`t..

First year was pain. Second year on a different school was ten times better. Fewer friends the second year tho.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related