• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTP always that annoying?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So if the entp is hot or has a polarizing personality it's ok with you ? Glad I am at least the former one :D

Do you think the guy in the OP has a polarizing personality?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you think the guy in the OP has a polarizing personality?

No not as long as his natural enthusiasm wont be bogged down by gloomier members of this species. I was referring to Sims video.

The guy in the Op is just a young boy who feels good about himself and is more or less in sync with his environment. He still has a lot to learn, especially about himself and one can only hope that the disappointments that lay ahead of him wont break him but make him stronger. I see no reasonable clue why someone could find him annoying. the only clues that come to mind would be of a more darker nature and imply a lot of opinions onto the wielder, therefore I like to keep speculation to myself.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can be really quiet when thinking deeply.. I used to be very shy. I can be the life of the party too..I feel people often laugh at what I say and I don't always get why.

But then again, parties are a place where it's the norm that you get a little unbridled so I let loose and say more what's on my mind than usual.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
My friend is an ENTP and he can be rather stubborn. He also tells me a lot of things that are really hard to believe and if I try to question it, he sorta gets offensive, like I don't believe anything, I do believe in a lot of shit, its just that he is always talking about his experiences, and some of them are just plain fantasy. He also has some very strange opinions on things that I cant understand. And he likes to believe he isn't human. And says he doesn't understand people. But then he turns around and lives like a person, he is very confusing sometimes. But still a friend nonetheless.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My friend is an ENTP and he can be rather stubborn. He also tells me a lot of things that are really hard to believe and if I try to question it, he sorta gets offensive, like I don't believe anything, I do believe in a lot of shit, its just that he is always talking about his experiences, and some of them are just plain fantasy. He also has some very strange opinions on things that I cant understand. And he likes to believe he isn't human. And says he doesn't understand people. But then he turns around and lives like a person, he is very confusing sometimes. But still a friend nonetheless.
You choose friends you cant understand or who don't understand you ? usually a bad idea in my experience.
im curious, do you have an example of his stories? Also the whole not human bit, that's more of a teenager thing. Oh wait, there's also [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] :wink:. it ll pass, hopefully

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
You choose friends you cant understand or who don't understand you ? usually a bad idea in my experience.

No no I understand him mostly it's just sometimes its aggrevating, we are good friends, and I have liked him as more than a friend in the past (straight crush FTW). I'm just commenting on what I have found annoying about ENTP.

69 posts FTW.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My ENTP brother makes me want to punch stuff. He's an extremely convincing liar, and he uses that to literally troll people around him, just for shits and giggles. He does it so often that I've begun to wonder if he's actually an obsessive liar, not a super-annoying Joker wannabe.

S

Sniffles

[youtube=0T0GuglxtXA]ENTP[/youtube]
That was less annoying than I thought it would be. I admit I laughed a little towards the end.

G

Ginkgo

<ENTP roommate enters, singing terribly to himself as I view this thread>

No joke. Lol.

G

Ginkgo

I guess you have only met healthy ENTP.

Do you think Dr House or Malcolm X would be the life of the party? I guess not.

I wonder if you are comfortable using "ideal" and "healthy" interchangeably; they aren't the same.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="QH2-TGUlwu4"].[/YOUTUBE]

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That was less annoying than I thought it would be. I admit I laughed a little towards the end.

I thought he was obnoxious at first...

Then, by the end, I was chuckling about his drawing...

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ENTP friend's biggest problem is that he makes really awful jokes. I'd appreciate it if he stopped doing that. However, that's his only big problem. I find the insanity very refreshing.

The ENTP in the video made me laugh. ENTPs are really entertaining if they're not trying to annoy you.

R

Riva

@ Dear OP -

Apparently more people disagree with you than agree.

And almost all of them seem to think 'he' is funny, including Peguy (which is quite a remarkable achievement).

:rofl1:

i think he's hilarious. hellooooo Ne.

Hehe. I find him to be one of those people who's somewhat amusing, but who obviously thinks he's more amusing than he really is, which is off-putting. Not all ENTPs are like that, but a fair portion of the male and relatively young ones are.

He isn't that annoying, but I don't think ENTPs have to be like that, no.

lol.

I thought the kid in the video was actually pretty funny.

Meh, I think that's simply his schpeil to get watchers. I doubt he's that extreme in real life.

But yeah, I used to be pretty annoying as a kid. Not really any more, though...I don't see the point. :laugh:

LOL! I thought he was funny and full of energy :).

I love that you posted this video here. I had two reactions when I watched it...one, I thought Man this kid is annoying! and two, I started laughing hysterically.

What are you talking about? That is pure personality type video pwnage there :laugh:

If your question is "are ENTPs always that hyper-silly?" I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no, especially since even Frezned is somewhat calmer in his other videos.

Wow, some of you think he's really more annoying than hilarious?

I find him funny, entertaining and familiar, and yet at the same time I'm also nothing like that. If you interacted with me irl you would doubt my E and my E7ness. I am subdued.

:unsure: I personally don't find him annoying.

He's just putting on a silly act for a video; I doubt he's like that 100% of the time or he'd burn himself out.

LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL.

:rawk:

LOL. It was more just pure Ne than being Ne+Ti.

If you didn't like the video, then you aren't an ENTP. (I find, at least for me, that Se stuff annoys me since it clashes a bit with my Ne.)

In defense of ENTPs, they are awesome, fun, funny, clever, secretly sweet, and a baker's dozen of win.

This is the trait that I love most in some Entps. Reminds me of my ENTP friend. We laugh so hard and make the stupidest jokes together.

Boring????! Not! They are the life of the party!

I thought he was obnoxious at first...

Then, by the end, I was chuckling about his drawing...

The ENTP in the video made me laugh. ENTPs are really entertaining if they're not trying to annoy you.[/FONT][/COLOR]

--

And I personally think it is one of the funniest videos regarding MBTI there is. I was in stitches when I watched it 1st and still manage to laugh when I see it. And 'he' is such an ENTP he makes me feel like an INTP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dunno why you all dont want to be annoying. The equation is simple = the more annoying you are the less people talk to you. What more can one wish for ? :D

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Apparently more people disagree with you than agree.

And almost all of them seem to think 'he' is funny, including Peguy (which is quite a remarkable achievement).

Haha Riva...you can't quote us ENTPs. We're biased. :D

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's see...1...2...okay 3 people on my ignore list are ENTPs. Rude and mentally disturbed trolls so far.

R

Riva

Let's see...1...2...okay 3 people on my ignore list are ENTPs. Rude and mentally disturbed trolls so far.

You have been a member for only 6 months, have only 188 posts and already have 3 (or more) people on your ignore list?

1st of all congratulations!

And 2nd,

just because someone types her/himself as ENTP on the type indicator it does not mean they are ENTPs.

A lot of people on MBTI forums are wannabe INTJs and ENTPs. (Most are wannabe INTJs.) The wannabe INTJs try to give an image of all knowing, ruthless, emotionless, way too serious, prudes. And the wannabe ENTPs argue with everyone over everything and pick on certain members (they believe they can get away with) to play the devil's advocates the type is stereotyped to be.

Infact I have noticed the wannabe ENTPs argue the most. The obvious ENTPs don't seem to give a damn most of the times whether people agree with them or not. And would only tease (argue for sport) with people they like (get along with/knows who likes them).

Give the poor, kindhearted ENTPs a break.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

test *1 2 3* me too ? :D

Infact I have noticed the wannabe ENTPs argue the most. Infact the obvious ENTPs don't seem to give a shit most of the times. And would only tease (argue for sport) with people they like (get along with/knows who likes them).

I never understood why wannabe has such a negative ring to it ? I mean a 'wannabe' is someone who tries to be someone, so he tries to change and to achieve progress. Thats an honorable goal. While a conservative 'isalready' is more likely to rot on his imaginary bays and rot or not ?!