• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPc reminds me of one flew over the cocos nest!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, despite all the jokes here about it, that forum's pretty active with serious discussion.

If I understand properly, the over-seriousness is just the problem many people have with it. Probably also the more Te-oriented moderation style.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
After all the stories about horrifying behaviour by its members, I've only received one death threat in 10 posts. And it was part of the welcome to INTPc. They're...nice...over there!

I'm not going to disagree with you on the truth of your conclusion, since my experience was perhaps propagated by my own actions and was not a product of their 'niceness' or lack thereof. However, I will say that judging a group based upon their actions in a welcome thread is a tad premature. I'm sure a tribe of murderous cannibals might greet a nice plump newcomer with kind words and toothy grins. :devil:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Except for the interns selling your ass to the local camp soldiers, things get better after the lobotomy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not going to disagree with you on the truth of your conclusion, since my experience was perhaps propagated by my own actions and was not a product of their 'niceness' or lack thereof. However, I will say that judging a group based upon their actions in a welcome thread is a tad premature. I'm sure a tribe of murderous cannibals might greet a nice plump newcomer with kind words and toothy grins. :devil:

It's okay, it just sets her up so that the ongoing narrative will have even more unexpected but exciting twists and turns.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I think hes calling you fat.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Bobble Bobble, Toil and Trobble

These are assumptions, but let's assume they are true.
So What?

We experimented with a more democratic method of management but it didn't work out.
Someone has to be at the wheel.

Let's also assume that you are correct about a group of members who feel intimidated/inhibited by the situation. If so, as JohnBoy said, the best move is to leave.
Why would they stay if this assumption was true???

INTPc is simply never going to be a One-Size-Fits-All
...no matter who is at the wheel.

BTW: I don't give much credence to the two aforementioned assumptions, but the only way to more perfectly resolve the matter would be to do as MacG suggested and hoist the OP over there.

^ That'll be easy because they are.

So What?

^ What do you mean "So what?" What kind of answer is that?

We experimented with a more democratic method of management but it didn't work out.

^ And you can honestly say that our current method is? Look at the state of our forum. Listen to our members complaints.

Someone has to be at the wheel.

^ Is that how it happend?! The person to fill that important position was chosen by default?

Let's also assume that you are correct about a group of members who feel intimidated/inhibited by the situation. If so, as JohnBoy said, the best move is to leave.

^ Are you sure it's the best move? I ask because that's exactly what their doing.

Why would they stay if this assumption was true???

^ You're right, they wouldn't and their not. Look at how many members have left.

INTPc is simply never going to be a One-Size-Fits-All...no matter who is at the wheel.

^ But right now it fits almost none. Do we want it that small? Maybe the Who at the Wheel does kind of matter?

BTW: I don't give much credence to the two aforementioned assumptions.

^ But did you at least give it some thought?

but the only way to more perfectly resolve the matter would be to do as MacG suggested and hoist the OP over there.

^ But the majority of our most sensible members are no longer there and a few more then a little ended up here.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trying to parse who you're responding to is getting more and more difficult.

rav3n

It's true I spoke too soon since Jennifer was kind enough to enlighten me about the true nature of death threats. :boohoo:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will slit all your throats as you sleep.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh wow, Mac must really like everyone on TypeC!

"He's a lover, not a throat-slitter."
(Well, except when slitting someone's throat means that you love them. Then he does everyone.)

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok, let's review:

One very influential voice that others side with due to the fact that she's out front so she would know better and they don't really deal with it already and learned to trust her assumption.

She is usually out in front by herself so you know that trust in her is already established. When you have people who already don't show much interest to begin with and you know these people trust your judgment then you know that you can swing at least some of the votes your way.

^ That'll be easy because they are.

AAAaaaannnd, you know this to be true because....

You're a Fly on the Wall of the ModBox ShitHouse????
...was I close????

Dude, this is the sort of sweeping unsupported statement that drives the INTPc crowd Ape-Shit, and ensures the advocate of such is going to have a bad experience over there.

In the market of ideas, we'll do business with anyone
...but you better Come with the Cash. :D

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will slit all your throats as you sleep.

I don't want this individual statement to paint a negative image of Mac in the eyes of the forum. Everyone, if you can look past the heavy drinking, the throat slitting, and the excessive swearing, Mac's a really great guy.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want this individual statement to paint a negative image of Mac in the eyes of the forum. Everyone, if you can look past the heavy drinking, the throat slitting, and the excessive swearing, Mac's a really great guy.

I also sell conflict diamonds.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't forget the sheep-mugging.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the way he takes candy from little children, as well as adding sardonic endings to all of his daughter's bedtime stories.

Keep your sheep proclivities to yourself!

Baaaaaah....!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the way he takes candy from little children, as well as adding sardonic endings to all of his daughter's bedtime stories.

I told her Caillou got cancer and died the other week.

Lil' bald-headed freak.