• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPc reminds me of one flew over the cocos nest!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, Bobble? Is this the kind of crazycreepy you want to see at this site???

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Ok, let's review:

AAAaaaannnd, you know this to be true because....

You're a Fly on the Wall of the ModBox ShitHouse????

...was I close????

Dude, this is the sort of sweeping unsupported statement that drives the INTPc crowd Ape-Shit, and ensures the advocate of such is going to have a bad experience over there.

Then why are you not going ape shit now? Why don't you guys ever pull that shit here or on any other forum for that matter.

The statements the same, your the same yet no ape shit and no bad experience for me.

Is the forum different over there? No, it's the same setup. Huh?

I know, it's the rules! INTPc doesn't have any rules against acting that way, Right?

Well, no that's not true because if I reacted by going ape shit right back, then I'd be sent to purgatory. So it's not the rules.

Is it the people that created the forum? Nope because they created this forum too and you can't do that here.

Maybe it's because it's all INTPs over there? But then why doesn't it happen happen on INTP Forum.

What is it over there that can allow you to be super offensive and get me banned for being less offensive. Who is allowing you to go ape shit and sending me to purgatory for something less, over a post that would annoy an INTP?

Can you think of anyone?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing wrong with a dose of reality. It ensures they don't cry when their father steals their candy.

True. 'tis a kindness in a cold dark empty world such as this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perspective? Candy rots teeth! It's for their own good much like stabbing a homeless person so they get to heaven sooner.

But if they don't have teeth, they will never have to pay for a dental insurance plan, saving them lots and lots of money.

(Next, we can discuss removing bodily organs so as to avoid cancer.)

rav3n

But if they don't have teeth, they will never have to pay for a dental insurance plan, saving them lots and lots of money.

(Next, we can discuss removing bodily organs so as to avoid cancer.)
Mumsy dearest! Kidneys are such a waste of body energy. Let live.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
Then why are you not going ape shit now? Why don't you guys ever pull that shit here or on any other forum for that matter.

The statements the same, your the same yet no ape shit and no bad experience for me.

Is the forum different over there? No, it's the same setup. Huh?

I know, it's the rules! INTPc doesn't have any rules against acting that way, Right?

Well, no that's not true because if I reacted by going ape shit right back, then I'd be sent to purgatory. So it's not the rules.

Is it the people that created the forum? Nope because they created this forum too and you can't do that here.

Maybe it's because it's all INTPs over there? But then why doesn't it happen happen on INTP Forum.

What is it over there that can allow you to be super offensive and get me banned for being less offensive. Who is allowing you to go ape shit and sending me to purgatory for something less, over a post that would annoy an INTP?

Can you think of anyone?

LOL, nah I'm clueless.

Why don't we go Ape-shit over here?
Well, we sorta have our own little planet to peel the Bananas on,
...and we know or place. :weirdbanana:

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
LOL, nah I'm clueless.

Why don't we go Ape-shit over here?
Well, we sorta have our own little planet to peel the Bananas on,
...and we know or place. :weirdbanana:

It's Miss Ratched, b-b-b-b-billy and if she can't make you go ape shit on demand then you can't stay.

:violin: :marionette::marionette::marionette::marionette::marionette::marionette: :ranting:

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INTPforum is a very different forum. It seems more NP in nature, with a lot of I ... so while there are a few strong personalities, most of the members are quieter and more reflective and engage what people say. INTPc seems far more Ti+Si in nature; the introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
INTPforum is a very different forum. It seems more NP in nature, with a lot of I ... so while there are a few strong personalities, most of the members are quieter and more reflective and engage what people say. INTPc seems far more Ti+Si in nature; the introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas.

Oh, I agree with you 100%.

But what other groups function this way?

Groups that share a very specific set of believes and ideas.

Where every member is very defensive and protective over the "groups" beliefs and ideas.

What type of members would a group have to have to be the way you, very accurately, described INTPc to be?

Would it be a group of individuals who are very closed minded and protective of their "own" beliefs and ideas?

Or say you had to create a forum like INTPc. What type of members would you be looking for?

Ones who are willing to protect their "own" ideas or members who would protect "your" ideas?

INTPc is a forum that is functioning off of "one persons" ideas.

It has to be that way in order to function the way that it does.

It couldnt be any other way.

And for further proof, when members from that forum join other forums, they all become very much their own person and very distinctive from each other. Yet when their in INTPc they suddenly become the same person?

And when asked why they act that way, they say its the way "INTPc" works or that's the way "we" are over there. They never say "that's how I am." They claim the forum to be that way, not themselves.

Now does that sound like an INTP who's far more Ti+Si in nature; whose introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas?

Maybe not? Maybe someone's being a little manipulative over there?

IDK but if a group caused me to act out of character, I would be asking myself why.

rav3n

Bobble, consider INTPs. They feel isolated from birth. Suddenly there's a place to clump. Can you imagine how it feels to their Fe once they have a place to belong to? Si's going to protect the hell outta' the environment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bobble, consider INTPs. They feel isolated from birth. Suddenly there's a place to clump. Can you imagine how it feels to their Fe once they have a place to belong to? Si's going to protect the hell outta' the environment.

Thank you. I think that's a great context to remember here, even if there is some justifiable criticism that can be made.

I'm also not seeing a lot of difference between there and the way you support your position here, Bobble. No matter what points are raised, you just kind of dismiss or ignore them and go right back to these lengthy explanatons of your original platform.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Thank you. I think that's a great context to remember here, even if there is some justifiable criticism that can be made.

I'm also not seeing a lot of difference between there and the way you support your position here, Bobble. No matter what points are raised, you just kind of dismiss or ignore them and go right back to these lengthy explanatons of your original platform.

Right, and through that I'm demonstrating my point. An individual who's that way cannot function in a group unless he/she finds people to agree with them 100% and what easier a person to do this to then a person like jenaphor discribed.

And there is a member, who holds a high position, on that forum who is very much this way.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Anyway, I wasn't trying to change peoples minds or be difficult in order to be offensive to anyone and if I was I apologize. I'm seriously a very much more tolerable person, I promise.

I was just trying to confirm or deny something to myself that I was suspecting.

rav3n

And there is a member on that forum who is very much this way.
Are you an INTP or have you been exposed to INTPs in real life? I ask this not purporting to be an expert but from interaction and observations, that when they finally let down their guard, there's someone different underneath. Their Fe allows them to source the environment and most often, they make unconscious effort to align with their environment with none to great success. But that doesn't mean they feel comfortable in the fit. In fact, it still can feel, yes feel, even more isolating, reliant on how much moving they have to do to align. Some just say "fuck it" and completely withdraw from the world.

Look, I'm not an INTP apologist. As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms and I'll be the first one to poke fun at them. But if you're going to wander into an already well established INTP environment, intended to de-isolate "INTPs", expect that you're the one who will have to align rather than having the collective consciousness align with your ideal environment.

As an observation of the INTPc environment, it's a slashing climate. You can't go in there with a "kick me" sign or carrying a flaming branch to right injustices. If you try, they'll cannabalise you, one cut at a time.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Are you an INTP or have you been exposed to INTPs in real life? I ask this not purporting to be an expert but from interaction and observations, that when they finally let down their guard, there's someone different underneath. Their Fe allows them to source the environment and most often, they make unconscious effort to align with their environment with none to great success. But that doesn't mean they feel comfortable in the fit. In fact, it still can feel, yes feel, even more isolating, reliant on how much moving they have to do to align. Some just say "fuck it" and completely withdraw from the world.

Look, I'm not an INTP apologist. As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms and I'll be the first one to poke fun at them. But if you're going to wander into an already well established INTP environment, intended to de-isolate "INTPs", expect that you're the one who will have to align rather than having the collective consciousness align with your ideal environment.

As an observation of the INTPc environment, it's a slashing climate. You can't go in there with a "kick me" sign or carrying a flaming branch to right injustices. If you try, they'll cannabalise you, one cut at a time.

Right, but these types of groups are usually frowned on and protested against in are regular society but in this online society it seems to be accepted and defended.

Which version is right? How could something be so wrong in one society that it causes wars yet in another be completely acceptable?

Strange. Who's wrong I wonder?

rav3n

Right, but these types of groups are usually frowned on and protested against in are regular society but in this online society it seems to be accepted and defended.

Which version is right? How could something be so wrong in one society that it causes wars yet in another be completely acceptable?

Strange. Who's wrong I wonder?
And therein lies the rub. The concept of right and wrong when viewing other societies. Time to get off the Fi horse and start accepting. Otherwise you're reinventing Vietnam and Iraq.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hmm, interesting analysis. I guess my next question is, despite being forums appearing to cater to the same typological demographic on the surface, what explains the differential shift in tones and forum culture between the two? Is INTPf just the product of the branching off between the two major subsets of the INTP, like a group of INTP pilgrims leaving the established old country due to religions(view point and personality) and setting off for a voyage to a new land? I mean, I understand there's lots of diversity even amongst similar times as it's not all encompassing, but how did one particular subset establish the tone is my question.

What I've noticed about INTPc, as I said earlier, is that it attracts a similar breed of poster, despite whatever personality type they identify with. At this point I don't even see it as being the result of a small space densely populated by the same type, but more so how the established culture places great emphasis on conformity and maintaining its current atmosphere. There's times I run across INTPc posters' posts on different forums and it's like reading someone entirely different from the person(perhaps persona) that exists there.