First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    And therein lies the rub. The concept of right and wrong when viewing other societies. Time to get off the Fi horse and start accepting. Otherwise you're reinventing Vietnam and Iraq.
    But what if you're part of that society, should Americans have not protested against slavery and sexism? These too are groups that discriminate.

Are you saying we should never question our own society?

Don't get me wrong. My instinct is to defend INTPc but why? Is this how other discriminating groups think?

If that's the case, then no wonder they see us as the villain. Because we seem so wrong.

MBTI
    INTP

As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms ....
    No argument here about that.

when I first joined, I was like: This place is really anal about being exclusive, and I think a lot of new members have the same reaction. But if I may offer a metaphor of my own to explain the evolution that I underwent.

================================================== =====
    You are not a Cat person, but one day a hungry stray kitten shows up and you grunt as you place a bowl of food on the porch. He is a bit annoying but slowly you both become attached.
    So now you wake in the mornings to find that he has brought you gifts of dead birds, mice, and whatnot that he has left bleeding all over your welcome mat.
    Getting tired of feathers and coughed up mouse balls, you grunt heavily as you decide to accommodate him as a house cat. However, you come home to find that he has ripped down the curtains and shit on the kitchen table, and in a fit of rage you toss him out and shoo him from the porch. You also sit his food bowl at the end of the driveway and determine not to allow him near the porch.

Only, you live on a busy street and you wake one day to see him laying in the road as a train of cars grinds him to dust.

After reliving this tale several times, you decide it is best to just throw rocks at strays.
    "The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I was taught that words like hate, discriminate, superiority, humiliation, violence (including verbal) and other words like this, are negative words and should not be tolerated and never accepted. Are you saying that's wrong and those word aren't negative?

Or maybe your saying they are sometimes negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    But what if you're part of that society, should Americans have not protested against slavery and sexism? These too are groups that discriminate.

Are you saying we should never question our own society?

Don't get me wrong. My instinct is to defend INTPc but why? Is this how other discriminating groups think?

If that's the case, then now wonder they see us as the villain. Because we seem so wrong.
    I'm curious and forgive me for being lazy in not reading every post in this thread but why here and not there? If you're within, why not start a revolution within? Is it possible other members are relatively satisfied with status quo? Or are you hoping to rally the TypeC troops for a coup?

Ha ha...OrionzRevenge! Can't decide what my limited experience on INTPc means. Need to observe more. Feel like an amoeba in a petrie dish, where tiny bits of paramecium are being fed to me to see if I'll bite.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I'm curious and forgive me for being lazy in not reading every post in this thread but why here and not there? If you're within, why not start a revolution within? Is it possible other members are relatively satisfied with status quo? Or are you hoping to rally the TypeC troops for a coup?

Ha ha...OrionzRevenge! Can't decide what my limited experience on INTPc means. Need to observe more. Feel like an amoeba in a petrie dish, where tiny bits of paramecium are being fed to me to see if I'll bite.
    Who's to say I'm not within?

A huge amount of INTPc members are also members here. And the fact that I know that a thread with our forum's name in it is pretty much irresistible to us, all I would have to do is create a thread like that and have the attention of my forum here.

Why here? Because we have been taught to instantly attack this discussions and this type of post.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Complaining to Typology Central about INTP Central is like one complaining to the fire department about poor ambulance driving by the emergency medical service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Complaining to Typology Central about INTP Central is like one complaining to the fire department about poor ambulance driving by the emergency medical service.
    Well, you are right but I got sidetracked I was only giving an example of why someone might chose to complain here.

That was my fault for going off topic. I apologize.

What I have said numerous times before, I am not attacking the site and in fact I would normally defend it but I am some what curious as to why our actions are acceptable and yet not at the same time.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I was taught that words like hate, discriminate, superiority, humiliation, violence (including verbal) and other words like this, are negative words and should not be tolerated and never accepted. Are you saying that's wrong and those word aren't negative?

Or maybe your saying they are sometimes negative?
    I actually starting to see that these things are looked at as wrong online as well and have nothing to do with INTPs.

Not accepting other types is understandable because we are trying to figure out who we our but the treatment others receive from us is wrong. Their are other ways to do this but attacking people that way and the actions we express on their would make INTPc a hate group by definition a least.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I actually starting to see that these things are looked at as wrong online as well and have nothing to do with INTPs.

Not accepting other types is understandable because we are trying to figure out who we our but the treatment others receive from us is wrong. Their are other ways to do this but attacking people that way and the actions we express on their would make INTPc a hate group by definition a least.
    And since these are not the normal reactions of its members then who is to blame?

Should it fall onto the forum since it is allowing this unacceptable behavior?

Who's to blame for these actions? Is it the people or the society?

Other INTP forums, which could be considered another societies of the same type, shows that those actions are as bad as a society allows them to be.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

And since these are not the normal reactions of its members then who is to blame?

Should it fall onto the forum since it is allowing this unacceptable behavior?

Who's to blame for these actions? Is it the people or the society?

Other INTP forums, which could be considered another societies of the same type, shows that those actions are as bad as a society allows them to be.
    And again, I'm not attacking INTPc. The world as a whole would resemble INTPc. But the way other forums of similar groups show us that hatred like that is not the norm and we don't have to accept it as just the way mankind is, is interesting.

It actually seems to be the exception and not the rule.