First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    Maybe it's because it's all INTPs over there? But then why doesn't it happen happen on INTP Forum.
    INTPforum is a very different forum. It seems more NP in nature, with a lot of I ... so while there are a few strong personalities, most of the members are quieter and more reflective and engage what people say. INTPc seems far more Ti+Si in nature; the introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INTPforum is a very different forum. It seems more NP in nature, with a lot of I ... so while there are a few strong personalities, most of the members are quieter and more reflective and engage what people say. INTPc seems far more Ti+Si in nature; the introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas.
    Oh, I agree with you 100%.

But what other groups function this way?

Groups that share a very specific set of believes and ideas.

Where every member is very defensive and protective over the "groups" beliefs and ideas.

What type of members would a group have to have to be the way you, very accurately, described INTPc to be?

Would it be a group of individuals who are very closed minded and protective of their "own" beliefs and ideas?

Or say you had to create a forum like INTPc. What type of members would you be looking for?

Ones who are willing to protect their "own" ideas or members who would protect "your" ideas?

INTPc is a forum that is functioning off of "one persons" ideas.

It has to be that way in order to function the way that it does.

It couldnt be any other way.

And for further proof, when members from that forum join other forums, they all become very much their own person and very distinctive from each other. Yet when their in INTPc they suddenly become the same person?

And when asked why they act that way, they say its the way "INTPc" works or that's the way "we" are over there. They never say "that's how I am." They claim the forum to be that way, not themselves.

Now does that sound like an INTP who's far more Ti+Si in nature; whose introversion is more defensive, to keep people away and protect one's current ideas?

Maybe not? Maybe someone's being a little manipulative over there?

IDK but if a group caused me to act out of character, I would be asking myself why.

Bobble, consider INTPs. They feel isolated from birth. Suddenly there's a place to clump. Can you imagine how it feels to their Fe once they have a place to belong to? Si's going to protect the hell outta' the environment.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Bobble, consider INTPs. They feel isolated from birth. Suddenly there's a place to clump. Can you imagine how it feels to their Fe once they have a place to belong to? Si's going to protect the hell outta' the environment.
    Thank you. I think that's a great context to remember here, even if there is some justifiable criticism that can be made.

I'm also not seeing a lot of difference between there and the way you support your position here, Bobble. No matter what points are raised, you just kind of dismiss or ignore them and go right back to these lengthy explanatons of your original platform.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Thank you. I think that's a great context to remember here, even if there is some justifiable criticism that can be made.

I'm also not seeing a lot of difference between there and the way you support your position here, Bobble. No matter what points are raised, you just kind of dismiss or ignore them and go right back to these lengthy explanatons of your original platform.
    Right, and through that I'm demonstrating my point. An individual who's that way cannot function in a group unless he/she finds people to agree with them 100% and what easier a person to do this to then a person like jenaphor discribed.

And there is a member, who holds a high position, on that forum who is very much this way.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to change peoples minds or be difficult in order to be offensive to anyone and if I was I apologize. I'm seriously a very much more tolerable person, I promise.

I was just trying to confirm or deny something to myself that I was suspecting.

And there is a member on that forum who is very much this way.
    Are you an INTP or have you been exposed to INTPs in real life? I ask this not purporting to be an expert but from interaction and observations, that when they finally let down their guard, there's someone different underneath. Their Fe allows them to source the environment and most often, they make unconscious effort to align with their environment with none to great success. But that doesn't mean they feel comfortable in the fit. In fact, it still can feel, yes feel, even more isolating, reliant on how much moving they have to do to align. Some just say "fuck it" and completely withdraw from the world.

Look, I'm not an INTP apologist. As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms and I'll be the first one to poke fun at them. But if you're going to wander into an already well established INTP environment, intended to de-isolate "INTPs", expect that you're the one who will have to align rather than having the collective consciousness align with your ideal environment.

As an observation of the INTPc environment, it's a slashing climate. You can't go in there with a "kick me" sign or carrying a flaming branch to right injustices. If you try, they'll cannabalise you, one cut at a time.

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Are you an INTP or have you been exposed to INTPs in real life? I ask this not purporting to be an expert but from interaction and observations, that when they finally let down their guard, there's someone different underneath. Their Fe allows them to source the environment and most often, they make unconscious effort to align with their environment with none to great success. But that doesn't mean they feel comfortable in the fit. In fact, it still can feel, yes feel, even more isolating, reliant on how much moving they have to do to align. Some just say "fuck it" and completely withdraw from the world.

Look, I'm not an INTP apologist. As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms and I'll be the first one to poke fun at them. But if you're going to wander into an already well established INTP environment, intended to de-isolate "INTPs", expect that you're the one who will have to align rather than having the collective consciousness align with your ideal environment.

As an observation of the INTPc environment, it's a slashing climate. You can't go in there with a "kick me" sign or carrying a flaming branch to right injustices. If you try, they'll cannabalise you, one cut at a time.
    Right, but these types of groups are usually frowned on and protested against in are regular society but in this online society it seems to be accepted and defended.

Which version is right? How could something be so wrong in one society that it causes wars yet in another be completely acceptable?

Strange. Who's wrong I wonder?

Right, but these types of groups are usually frowned on and protested against in are regular society but in this online society it seems to be accepted and defended.

Which version is right? How could something be so wrong in one society that it causes wars yet in another be completely acceptable?

Strange. Who's wrong I wonder?
    And therein lies the rub. The concept of right and wrong when viewing other societies. Time to get off the Fi horse and start accepting. Otherwise you're reinventing Vietnam and Iraq.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hmm, interesting analysis. I guess my next question is, despite being forums appearing to cater to the same typological demographic on the surface, what explains the differential shift in tones and forum culture between the two? Is INTPf just the product of the branching off between the two major subsets of the INTP, like a group of INTP pilgrims leaving the established old country due to religions(view point and personality) and setting off for a voyage to a new land? I mean, I understand there's lots of diversity even amongst similar times as it's not all encompassing, but how did one particular subset establish the tone is my question.

What I've noticed about INTPc, as I said earlier, is that it attracts a similar breed of poster, despite whatever personality type they identify with. At this point I don't even see it as being the result of a small space densely populated by the same type, but more so how the established culture places great emphasis on conformity and maintaining its current atmosphere. There's times I run across INTPc posters' posts on different forums and it's like reading someone entirely different from the person(perhaps persona) that exists there.