First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, despite all the jokes here about it, that forum's pretty active with serious discussion.
    If I understand properly, the over-seriousness is just the problem many people have with it. Probably also the more Te-oriented moderation style.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    After all the stories about horrifying behaviour by its members, I've only received one death threat in 10 posts. And it was part of the welcome to INTPc. They're...nice...over there!
    I'm not going to disagree with you on the truth of your conclusion, since my experience was perhaps propagated by my own actions and was not a product of their 'niceness' or lack thereof. However, I will say that judging a group based upon their actions in a welcome thread is a tad premature. I'm sure a tribe of murderous cannibals might greet a nice plump newcomer with kind words and toothy grins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Except for the interns selling your ass to the local camp soldiers, things get better after the lobotomy.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with you on the truth of your conclusion, since my experience was perhaps propagated by my own actions and was not a product of their 'niceness' or lack thereof. However, I will say that judging a group based upon their actions in a welcome thread is a tad premature. I'm sure a tribe of murderous cannibals might greet a nice plump newcomer with kind words and toothy grins.
    It's okay, it just sets her up so that the ongoing narrative will have even more unexpected but exciting twists and turns.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think hes calling you fat.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Bobble Bobble, Toil and Trobble

These are assumptions, but let's assume they are true.
    So What?

We experimented with a more democratic method of management but it didn't work out.
    Someone has to be at the wheel.

Let's also assume that you are correct about a group of members who feel intimidated/inhibited by the situation. If so, as JohnBoy said, the best move is to leave.
    Why would they stay if this assumption was true???

INTPc is simply never going to be a One-Size-Fits-All
    ...no matter who is at the wheel.

BTW: I don't give much credence to the two aforementioned assumptions, but the only way to more perfectly resolve the matter would be to do as MacG suggested and hoist the OP over there.
    These are assumptions, but let's assume they are true.

^ That'll be easy because they are.

So What?

^ What do you mean "So what?" What kind of answer is that?

We experimented with a more democratic method of management but it didn't work out.

^ And you can honestly say that our current method is? Look at the state of our forum. Listen to our members complaints.

Someone has to be at the wheel.

^ Is that how it happend?! The person to fill that important position was chosen by default?

Let's also assume that you are correct about a group of members who feel intimidated/inhibited by the situation. If so, as JohnBoy said, the best move is to leave.

^ Are you sure it's the best move? I ask because that's exactly what their doing.

Why would they stay if this assumption was true???

^ You're right, they wouldn't and their not. Look at how many members have left.

INTPc is simply never going to be a One-Size-Fits-All...no matter who is at the wheel.

^ But right now it fits almost none. Do we want it that small? Maybe the Who at the Wheel does kind of matter?

BTW: I don't give much credence to the two aforementioned assumptions.

^ But did you at least give it some thought?

but the only way to more perfectly resolve the matter would be to do as MacG suggested and hoist the OP over there.

^ But the majority of our most sensible members are no longer there and a few more then a little ended up here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Trying to parse who you're responding to is getting more and more difficult.

It's true I spoke too soon since Jennifer was kind enough to enlighten me about the true nature of death threats.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I will slit all your throats as you sleep.

Oh wow, Mac must really like everyone on TypeC!