User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 81

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Oh, and not to quote myself, but...
    Thus spoke Zarathustra.

  2. #62
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Alright, I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun but I'd like to clear up that this thread was born out of me prodding the INTJ OP with a stick. I repped him that his three reasons why people hated INTJs in this thread didn't apply to ENFPs due to his second bullet point underneath. After that, we had nice little banter session back and forth where I challenged him to verify with his fellow INTJs the exact effect an ENFP could have on an INTJ (and vice versa)
    FWIW, there is much truth in uncommon's post referenced here. Some of us just had more success avoiding being dragged down into "normalcy".

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    INTJs are supposedly not interested in people at all and get easily annoyed at them. Getting a smile out of them costs actual effort. How can you resist trying to make 'em grin against their will?

    Noting cuter than seeing that stern look desperately trying to stick around while that grin starts emerging...and nothign more fun than seeing that befuddled and annoying look on their faces when they realize that they're not going to stop the annoying human in front of them from affecting them.
    On target, as usual. I have learned to hate/dread these moments, and to develop improved defenses against them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #63
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    FWIW, there is much truth in uncommon's post referenced here. Some of us just had more success avoiding being dragged down into "normalcy".


    On target, as usual. I have learned to hate/dread these moments, and to develop improved defenses against them.
    It's interesting that you dread them. Why is that? I've found that, providing I've got a bond with the INTJ in question, they actually tend to enjoy that game and come and ask for it. Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside and have noticed that they seem to be ok with the way I seek to gain access to that knowledge and even enjoy it. And yes..the struggle of them making that decision can be endearing to watch as it tends to confuse them when it happens for the first time, ime.

    As for his original post, sure it holds truth. I dunno about other ENFPs, but I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in and to have someone who's generally distrusting of people take a chance on me. While I may tease and brag about this, I would never take advantage of that chance they give me.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #64
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    It's interesting that you dread them. Why is that? I've found that, providing I've got a bond with the INTJ in question, they actually tend to enjoy that game and come and ask for it. Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside and have noticed that they seem to be ok with the way I seek to gain access to that knowledge and even enjoy it. And yes..the struggle of them making that decision can be endearing to watch as it tends to confuse them when it happens for the first time, ime.
    I form this kind of a bond with very few people, and my comments above apply to people in general. I prefer to be in control of my reactions, rather than being made to be expressive against my will. I can usually see this coming, and if sufficiently irritated, will play my own game of avoiding the desired reaction, to the dismay and confusion of the other person. If I am close to someone, I already feel more comfortable being expressive around them, and see the situations you describe as welcome exercises in this. But this is my choice/decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    I dunno about other ENFPs, but I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in and to have someone who's generally distrusting of people take a chance on me.
    I don't know about other INTJs, but I do take some convincing. I am not about to open up to someone unless they seem genuinely interested. This is not a sufficient condition, but it is necessary.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  5. #65
    Senior Member uncommonentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in/
    Contradictory statements? Sorry to burst your bubble but it's impossible to convince an INTJ. We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else. We like to find things out for ourselves. We're the kind to jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted. We loco. However, we willingly cross lines the human population consider stupid just to see what happens. Two times out of ten we'll find out undiscovered information which we then use to our advantage. You'd then think the easiest way to get us to do something you want is to tell us we can't do it. Unfortunatley, we know we can and can't do and again the choice is left in our hands to pursue it (if we want to).
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

  6. #66
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else.
    I disagree. Just because you disregard information after you find it not worth keeping doesn't mean that you didn't take it in originally.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  7. #67
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Contradictory statements? Sorry to burst your bubble but it's impossible to convince an INTJ. We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else. We like to find things out for ourselves. We're the kind to jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted. We loco.
    You, young man, have much to learn.

    A wise INTJ would never jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted.

    A wise INTJ would convince an ESFP to do it, then observe the results.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  8. #68
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,593

    Default

    We don't listen to what others tell us to do, but we do observe and evaluate what the external world presents us. The wise ENFP will therefore not tell us they are too good to pass up, they will instead demonstrate qualities that we find appealing in some way*. It is our decision, but a decision influenced by available facts and reason, and the ENFP can influence what is available.

    *such as showing they are not so gullible as to be convinced to jam knives in a toaster
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #69
    Senior Member FunnyDigestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    my favorite thing about an ENFP is when they grow a little goatee & the INTJ becomes the DJ

    goin for an instant replay as the police fall heavy to the duo like a chevy as they run back to get their gun black & drum backs to spit their gum back
    aahahahahahaha when did i type this

    so good

    i'm a rapstar

    -----------------------

    INTJs rule, ENFPs break the rules, & INFPs break tha tools pity tha foolz.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

  10. #70
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    i do not break the -

    nevermind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    LOL

    It's amazing how you can be so sweet and serene, and wise in some posts and go fullblown Ne when you get a chance


    RELEASE THE KRAKEN

    Alright, I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun but I'd like to clear up that this thread was born out of me prodding the INTJ OP with a stick. I repped him that his three reasons why people hated INTJs in this thread didn't apply to ENFPs due to his second bullet point underneath. After that, we had nice little banter session back and forth where I challenged him to verify with his fellow INTJs the exact effect an ENFP could have on an INTJ (and vice versa).

    The result was that he felt I was being a smart-ass..which I was.

    *tags a onto Uncommonentity's back and runs*

    As for skylight's remark on being challenged by INTJs, I'll add one more thing:

    INTJs are supposedly not interested in people at all and get easily annoyed at them. Getting a smile out of them costs actual effort. How can you resist trying to make 'em grin against their will?

    Noting cuter than seeing that stern look desperately trying to stick around while that grin starts emerging...and nothign more fun than seeing that befuddled and annoying look on their faces when they realize that they're not going to stop the annoying human in front of them from affecting them.

    Ok, time to run and hide





    *giggles*
    i think that's why INTJs are so fun. the things that can be so repulsive about them to other people are intriguing to a lot of ENFPs. also their little Fi is cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Thus spoke Zarathustra.


    cheesy, but well done

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You, young man, have much to learn.

    A wise INTJ would never jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted.

    A wise INTJ would convince an ESFP to do it, then observe the results.
    this is why Ni is fucking terrifying.

    also no one tell me he's joking. i know my ENFJ friend really does set up scenarios like this. like "let's see what happens when..."

    also i'm torn between thinking this is kind of sad, obnoxious, or in jest. par for the course in dealings with INTJs, i suppose

Similar Threads

  1. 96% of all women think they're too fat.
    By Queen Kat in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
  3. Idiots who literally think they're vampires
    By ajblaise in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
  4. People: they're so much more than their type...
    By Kalach in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
  5. Everyone thinks they're w8.
    By murkrow in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO