User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

my favorite thing about an ENFP is when they grow a little goatee & the INTJ becomes the DJ

goin for an instant replay as the police fall heavy to the duo like a chevy as they run back to get their gun black & drum backs to spit their gum back
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    That'd assume I had no choice in the matter which is incorrect. I think that rule should be aimed more at the INFPs as we don't tend to get our twangers out in public where as they create entire threads dedicated to theirs.
    I have no regrets.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ENFP UPGRADE

GO AHEAD
    SHOOT
    YOU CAN'T, YA BIG SOFTIE

or you can, and we use our magic rainbow shield then envelop you in hugs.
    you win either way.
    If there was a like button I would click it.
    Likes Amargith liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Nonsense. Infact he stated quite the opposite. Did you read his post?
    You know what, Jim. I reread the post and believe there was a misinterpretation on both ends.

My original post was not saying that it was impossible for INTJs to be fabulously wonderful guys if they possessed certain negative traits. My point was that this idealized image of INTJs that seems to be floating around lately has seemed to have glossed over the negative entirely. Coriolis' post that any individual simultaneously possesses neg/pos attributes and has to be understood as the amalgamation (balance) of those is essentially hitting on the same issue, but in an admittedly more constructive way. So, scrap my last post.

Also opinions are not dichotomous they follow a bell curve or log normal distribution (if they are composite) or bimodal if they are highly polarizing.
    I'd love for you to show how one persons opinion on a single subject can have a distribution of any sort.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    I'd love for you to show how one persons opinion on a single subject can have a distribution of any sort.
    Opinons shift over time. They are not static phenomenon.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree, for the most part. The myth you cite is a gross and at times counterproductive generalization, just as your question ("When the hell did INTJs become . . . ") presents a false dichotomy. My point is that we are all more complex than that. INTJs tend to have some attributes that can be off-putting. We have others that are useful, and desirable. Each person we meet can decide for him/herself where the balance lies, whether the minuses are outweighed by the pluses, one of which might be that we put up with his/her foibles. We are thus not either/or, but both/and.

And you are quite right not to assume my motivations in answering ohd1122. Vala seems to understand, but that is a Fairy Princess trait.

I so found my new subtitle!

Note: I know Coriolis a bit, so when od made her joke, Coriolis replied in typical INTJ style humor, not meaning it in the least, just playing along. Due to the text format of the forum and the fact that (and i'm guessing here) she doesn't know him yet, she wasn't able to pick up on his tone

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    guys, guys! mechwarrior. i was trying to think of the name of that game a week or so ago. my dad had mechwarrior 2 on the giant family pc and i used to play it all the time. i always fought as clan wolf... liked the summoner, timber wolf, nova cat, warhammer iic, dire wolf. that was like... what... the mid/late 90s? i must have been like 10 and playing freaking mechwarrior. and need for speed ii. and doom. and myst. and...

nerrrrrd

...well. yes.

you keep telling yourself that, kid.

just kidding. we know though. it's not that we earned some power. it's that we know how selective you are and we like that you chose us. and we're good at making people happy, so that's our sparkly magic power. but we don't earn that from conquering your icy little hearts, we have that inside to begin with. don't flatter yourself too much.

also, sorry about the boom-boom.

you do realize that posting something like this to an ENFP just makes us like INTJs more. it's like you're issuing a challenge. INTJs suck, why don't you like one of these other better types instead, enfp: INTJS ARE FUCKING GREAT AND I'LL PROVE IT

also it reeks of being jelly, but whatevs.

ENFP UPGRADE

GO AHEAD
    SHOOT
    YOU CAN'T, YA BIG SOFTIE

or you can, and we use our magic rainbow shield then envelop you in hugs.
    you win either way.
    LOL

It's amazing how you can be so sweet and serene, and wise in some posts and go fullblown Ne when you get a chance

Alright, I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun but I'd like to clear up that this thread was born out of me prodding the INTJ OP with a stick. I repped him that his three reasons why people hated INTJs in this thread didn't apply to ENFPs due to his second bullet point underneath. After that, we had nice little banter session back and forth where I challenged him to verify with his fellow INTJs the exact effect an ENFP could have on an INTJ (and vice versa).

The result was that he felt I was being a smart-ass..which I was.

*tags a onto Uncommonentity's back and runs*

As for skylight's remark on being challenged by INTJs, I'll add one more thing:

INTJs are supposedly not interested in people at all and get easily annoyed at them. Getting a smile out of them costs actual effort. How can you resist trying to make 'em grin against their will?

Noting cuter than seeing that stern look desperately trying to stick around while that grin starts emerging...and nothign more fun than seeing that befuddled and annoying look on their faces when they realize that they're not going to stop the annoying human in front of them from affecting them.

Ok, time to run and hide

*giggles*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Opinons shift over time. They are not static phenomenon.
    One's opinion and the evolution of that opinion are not one and the same. A person's opinion is their belief about a given topic. They can either believe something about a particular thing, or they can not believe it. An opinion can incorporate alternative viewpoints, but on the whole it has to assert that things are or are not a particular way or its not an opinion. It can fall on a distribution with relative to other opinions, but it in and of itself is a static point.

This is my opinion on opinions. Knowing nothing else about how I've felt about opinions in the past, or will feel about opinions in the future please show me how this idea can have a distribution of any sort.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

One's opinion and the evolution of that opinion are not one and the same. A person's opinion is their belief about a given topic. They can either believe something about a particular thing, or they can not believe it. An opinion can incorporate alternative viewpoints, but on the whole it has to assert that things are or are not a particular way or its not an opinion. It can fall on a distribution with relative to other opinions, but it in and of itself is a static point.

This is my opinion on opinions. Knowing nothing else about how I've felt about opinions in the past, or will feel about opinions in the future please show me how this idea can have a distribution of any sort.
    That is quite possibly the most Te-dom opinion I've ever heard...

Now I understand a little bit more why Simulated World talked about Te being so static, while Ti is fluid.

Being a rather heavy Te-user myself, I thought what he was saying was retarded, cuz my opinions are definitely not static, and I'd argue that they're actually more fluid than most NTPs'.

Perhaps what Kalach has been saying is accurate: the dominant is so present in every aspect of our processing that every other function is richly colored by it. This would explain why I feel much differently about this topic than you: my opinions are more thoroughly painted with Ni (which is, undoubtedly, more fluid than Te [and probably any function -- which is why I thought Sim's statement was retarded in the first place], so even though my thoughts often "wreak of Te" [Oro's wording, I believe ], because of the constant Ni base undercoat, they're almost necessarily gunna be more flexible [on average] than an ENTJ's).

Oh, and the above was, in addition to its immediate purpose, meant to be viewed as a sort of meta performance art display as to how opinions can be seen as existing on a spectrum/distribution...

For Te-dom's who might need help to understand the nuance: (See how my perspective shifted just a bit, but not entirely, from one place [on the spectrum/distribution] to another [but not all the way from one side to the other]...?) I think Jim can honestly say what he said (cuz I hold the same opinion) because he has a richer Ni base undercoat than your typical ENTJ will have.

Banned

I recommend you improve your memory, only then will you see the potential truth proposed.

One knows how one regarded a topic and how it changes as new information becomes available just as feelings for people, objects, etc. change as new experience is gained. No man is an island and hence the quandary of INTJ chronic observation. The only way to hold onto the self is to maintain your own unique perspective; otherwise you wake up tommorrow and nothing remains of the curious inquisitor who found out these useful things to begin with.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Oh, and not to quote myself, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Oh, and the above was, in addition to its immediate purpose, meant to be viewed as a sort of meta performance art display as to how opinions can be seen as existing on a spectrum/distribution...

For Te-dom's who might need help to understand the nuance: (See how my perspective shifted just a bit, but not entirely, from one place [on the spectrum/distribution] to another [but not all the way from one side to the other]...?) I think Jim can honestly say what he said (cuz I hold the same opinion) because he has a richer Ni base undercoat than your typical ENTJ will have.
    ...as for spectrums and distributions:

- opinions exist on a spectrum relative to other opinions at any one point in time.

- however, over time, as Jim said, opinions shift/evolve; and, over time, they might even shift and evolve back to where they were before. As such, over time, a probability could be figured out as to where on the spectrum one's opinion might land at any one point in time. And spectrum + probability = distribution.