497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Actually, it's their native tongue, ime
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohd1122 View Post
    apparently even if you hit an INTJ over the head with sarcasm he/she won't realize it.
    We only laugh at funny jokes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Can't we be both? Just remember: (1) people are sought out for a variety of reasons; and (2) one person's minutia is another's critical detail (e.g. see A Life for a Comma.)
    I was ready to relent on this, because, honestly, it doesn't get more pitch perfect than a giant picture of Anusol to close a conversation. But your post hits on my real issue with this whole ENFP/INTJ thing. The Fairy Princess/Ice Prince myth that underlies this whole thing just strikes me as flawed. I mean, maybe some INTJs are reserved and surly to protect an inner vulnerability only to be shared with a chosen few. And maybe some INTJs are reserved and surly because theyre just reserved and surly assholes. I was merely trying to point out that if a girl feels the need to take shit from a prince that may never come it seems arbitrary to limit themselves to INTJs.

A great case in point of this was your decision to casually piss on ohd1122's comment. Maybe you did because you are a complex and reserved butterfly, and maybe you did it cause your kind of a dick. It's as ridiculous for me to assume the former as the later based on some poorly grounded fantasy I hold about your inner workings.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    We only laugh at funny jokes.
    ... and the misfortune of others
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    These photographs make me feel very sad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    The Fairy Princess/Ice Prince myth that underlies this whole thing just strikes me as flawed. I mean, maybe some INTJs are reserved and surly to protect an inner vulnerability only to be shared with a chosen few. And maybe some INTJs are reserved and surly because theyre just reserved and surly assholes. I was merely trying to point out that if a girl feels the need to take shit from a prince that may never come it seems arbitrary to limit themselves to INTJs.

A great case in point of this was your decision to casually piss on ohd1122's comment. Maybe you did because you are a complex and reserved butterfly, and maybe you did it cause your kind of a dick. It's as ridiculous for me to assume the former as the later based on some poorly grounded fantasy I hold about your inner workings.
    I agree, for the most part. The myth you cite is a gross and at times counterproductive generalization, just as your question ("When the hell did INTJs become . . . ") presents a false dichotomy. My point is that we are all more complex than that. INTJs tend to have some attributes that can be off-putting. We have others that are useful, and desirable. Each person we meet can decide for him/herself where the balance lies, whether the minuses are outweighed by the pluses, one of which might be that we put up with his/her foibles. We are thus not either/or, but both/and.

And you are quite right not to assume my motivations in answering ohd1122. Vala seems to understand, but that is a Fairy Princess trait.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

guys, guys! mechwarrior. i was trying to think of the name of that game a week or so ago. my dad had mechwarrior 2 on the giant family pc and i used to play it all the time. i always fought as clan wolf... liked the summoner, timber wolf, nova cat, warhammer iic, dire wolf. that was like... what... the mid/late 90s? i must have been like 10 and playing freaking mechwarrior. and need for speed ii. and doom. and myst. and...

nerrrrrd

Quote Originally Posted by thread premise
    ENFPs think they're so smart
    ...well. yes.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    It's not as if we're impossibly cold to the point we don't open up to anyone ever. We're just selective.

you keep telling yourself that, kid.

just kidding. we know though. it's not that we earned some power. it's that we know how selective you are and we like that you chose us. and we're good at making people happy, so that's our sparkly magic power. but we don't earn that from conquering your icy little hearts, we have that inside to begin with. don't flatter yourself too much.

also, sorry about the boom-boom.

Did I miss something? When the hell did INTJs become these incredibly eligible, sought after, unicorns of masculine achievement? Last I checked they were still 'sperging bastards willing to fight to the death over what the rest of the world would rightfully consider minutia. I mean, what the hell?

ENFPs: there is a whole world of men out there who are both overrated and willing to be completely emotionally unavailable to you! I swear to you. Have faith and maybe someday, I dunno, some humble ISTP will be oblivious to your emotional needs in favor of his motorcycle. A nice ENTP boy could make you jump through increasingly zanier hoops only to blow you off for someone newer, hotter, and cooler. Or an INFJ could just ignore you all together as a part of some epic P.Diddy-style, mind-fuck and you'd never even know. You can't know if you don't try.

In conclusion, I leave you with this George Michael classic as a soundtrack to your journey towards something different, and-- dare I hope?-- douchier than the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ISHYtccEs0
    you do realize that posting something like this to an ENFP just makes us like INTJs more. it's like you're issuing a challenge. INTJs suck, why don't you like one of these other better types instead, enfp: INTJS ARE FUCKING GREAT AND I'LL PROVE IT

also it reeks of being jelly, but whatevs.

ENFP UPGRADE

GO AHEAD
    SHOOT
    YOU CAN'T, YA BIG SOFTIE

or you can, and we use our magic rainbow shield then envelop you in hugs.
    you win either way.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree, for the most part. The myth you cite is a gross and at times counterproductive generalization, just as your question ("When the hell did INTJs become . . . ") presents a false dichotomy. My point is that we are all more complex than that. INTJs tend to have some attributes that can be off-putting. We have others that are useful, and desirable. Each person we meet can decide for him/herself where the balance lies, whether the minuses are outweighed by the pluses, one of which might be that we put up with his/her foibles. We are thus not either/or, but both/and.
    I understand you. However, by your logic any comment which didn't attempt to perfectly capture the nuance of the INTJ would be invalid. Opinions are dichotomous by their very nature. They insist that something is x, and thus not y. This obviously would be magnified in a rant. My intention in my original comment was not to give an in-depth analysis of INTJs; it was to make fun of you guys and your fetishization by the Idealist crowd.

And you are quite right not to assume my motivations in answering ohd1122. Vala seems to understand, but that is a Fairy Princess trait.
    Oh Coriolis, you big charmer, you.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Banned

I understand you. However, by your logic any comment which didn't attempt to perfectly capture the nuance of the INTJ would be invalid. Opinions are dichotomous by their very nature. They insist that something is x, and thus not y. This obviously would be magnified in a rant. My intention in my original comment was not to give an in-depth analysis of INTJs; it was to make fun of you guys and your fetishization by the Idealist crowd.
    Nonsense. Infact he stated quite the opposite. Did you read his post?

Also opinions are not dichotomous they follow a bell curve or log normal distribution (if they are composite) or bimodal if they are highly polarizing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

A nice ENTP boy could make you jump through increasingly zanier hoops only to blow you off for someone newer, hotter, and cooler.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]