User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    FREE

I relate to you on some levels. I really appreciate meaningful dialogue and rather enjoy conversing with others (when I'm in my extroverting phase), but I have some insecurities about whether or not they feel the same way. As a result I will usually refrain from initiating conversations and when I am in one I tend to start questioning whether others even want to be talking with me, and go so far as to ask if I'm boring them. I know I'm a bit different and abrasive at times; but darnit, my baby Fe tries so damn hard!

That said, I might suggest reading some books on first impressions, active listening, etc. If your objective is to be liked and admired by others, then take active steps to achieve that objective. Don't be stupid about it; learn, learn, and learn some more. Be strategic. Others have suggested that you work on changing your goals in life and let the opinions of others fall where they may (this would probably be a very healthy option), but it might be that you are incapable of doing this. Work with what you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I've been told by a few that I'm obsessed with Myself, and I can't say that I disagree, and I'm not sure if it's a bad thing to be self-obsessed, but it does seem to affect My relationships with others.

I don't understand why I can't stop focusing on Myself or why I can't pay attention to content that isn't about Me or can't somehow be directed to Me. I will admit, it does get tiresome, but I can't really help it. And I also can't understand why I'm unappreciated and uninteresting to others and moreover, how self-absorption relates to it.

So I ask: Why?
    I haven't really read too much into what other people are commenting but i have a few thoughts.

"I'll give you some advice.... I know troubleshooting yourself in the foot and acting as the center of your own universe is a tricky dichotomy to deal with... but, yes. you are the center of the universe." please listen to this poem... it is well worth your while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIr4p...eature=related

it is very important to have a strong sense of self. but you should examine your social interactions and try to consider the thoughts and feelings of others if your behavior is having an effect on your personal relationships. ... and yes if people are bothering to tell you that you're self-absorbed it is because it IS affecting how they interact with you. if you want someone to value you, they generally want to believe that you also value them and are interested in their thoughts, opinions, etc.

you must realize that your personal problems-- no matter what magnitude you perceive them to be... are still insignificant.

maybe you need a moment of humbling lucidity to realize that there are so many more significant issues that would put your energy to better use. there are over 7 billion other people in your universe and perhaps it might interest you to see yourself as being apart of many different social groups that you identify yourself with in order to take focus off yourself as an individual and put focus on yourself as a human being or as a brother, friend, mentor etc.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not really interested in joining social groups, I'm more interested in having fans. But I'm out of ideas on how to get them.

Usually, when I go out with other people to do stuff, I feel trapped. I'd rather do things on My own. But I still want admiration.

I open My mind to suggestions to improve My physical appearance, because I think that may be the problem (nothing's wrong with My personality), but people just see more and more flaws. I don't understand why this is. Or maybe they're just trying to piss Me off further, in which case, maybe it is, if I may reiterate, their fault that I'm focusing on Myself all the time.

MBTI
    FREE

This is getting asinine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well, since you're apparently the expert on humor, perhaps you should explain. I might actually learn something from you. My signature is actually very clever and witty. In fact, I even chuckle every time I read it. And the best part is that it's original and I am the one who conceived it. I don't really understand why people don't quote themselves more often. When they quote others, it indicates a lack of personal creativity.
    i'm really sleepy and was scanning this post and somehow slipped from "perhaps" straight into "chuckle" and my brain ended up with "perfuckle".

perfuckle?

uber either you are one winner of a troll or you need to speak with a professional. either way the responses here aren't seeming of much good.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why would I need a professional? I'm just looking for the truth.

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This is getting asinine.
    Was it ever anything else?

This thread is a joke.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Why would I need a professional? I'm just looking for the truth.
    have you gotten what you were looking for out of this thread? if so, then you don't need one.

the truth is that i don't think anyone can tell if you're joking or not.

if you're genuine, that's probably part of the problem. you're disconnected from others to the extent that you can't communicate.

essentially you are faced with a choice:

- forsake the attention of others
    - attract negative attention from others
    - consent to attend to others and consequently receive positive attention from others

what do you want fans for, exactly? why do you want admiration?

MBTI
    STP

who or what do you love the most?

MBTI
    INTJ

I feel very secure with Myself, believe it or not. I'm relatively happy with Myself, but what makes Me angry is other people who don't give Me attention.
    You can't be Me.

Deal with it.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.