User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I consider it a sign of weakness and candy assedness if you don't personally reply to each an every one of these posts.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Shame on you, The Ü! Trying to replicate Elfboy's narcissism thread will get you no points for creativity!
    I haven't read Elfboy's thread, nor am I aware of its existence. So clearly, I'm not trying to replicate anything. This is a serious thread and I'm trying to learn something here.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Like others here, I feel that you asked a legitimate question looking for some personal growth but you don't seem very interested in the very applicable and useful responses. At least not so far.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

My sincere responce:

I think it's possible that you have Narcissitic Personality Disorder, and It's seen quite a bit in INTJ's.. but other types too.

FIrst, I have found some of your posts very funny, especially that hate thread =) I agreed with about 60% of your hates (and I'm sure you hate that too, lol). I also wouldn't put alot of weight on the responces your getting on a fucking forum. THe annonymity of the internet (no matter how many posts or pictures or songs you put up) is simply not a good criteria to judge by.

Basically, Narcissistic personality disorder is something that can be very difficult to treat. Most therapists that specialize in this disorder agree that it is NOT a lack of confidence or security, it is that you lack EMPATHY and connection to your fellow human beings, because you don't value them. Telling you to try to force an interest in others is not going to help your underlying problem. You will simply be further masking and also be resentful because you don't understand the real value of others.
    Typically, what needs to happen is you need to find yourself a good therapist that is very familiar with treating this. This person is going to use various techniques to help you understand your true identity, and not the identity of grandoise that you've built up. See, part of having a good human connection is knowing that others love you and value you despite your vulnerabilities and imperfeactions. (Yes, you have them.. everyone does) BUt the narcissist does not really believe they have any downfalls or weaknesses, thus this acceptance or connection to others can not be established. You will never hold true value to others until you understand what they can do for you. You will value tremendously what you can't do for yourself.. but your caught in believing you can do everything for yourself. Actually, therapists rarely treat narcissism head on, as a disorder.. and usually try to work with you on all the symtpoms of the disorder. Like how this is affecting your life.

A true narcissist will not admit to their problem until the their lives fall to pieces and time and time again they do not receive what they want from others.. the evidence becomes OVERWHELMING that perhaps it is not the "others" but it is infact you. You can no longer ignore the pattern of failed relations, and this can be with co-workers, fellow students, bosses, family members, friends, you get it.

I really hope you are not trolling. If this is an issue for you, grab it by the balls now, while you are young. Think about how much better and happier you will feel when you have overcome this problem. People do it all the time. It is very difficult to shatter this grandoise image you've built, but you will be soo much happier seeing yourself in a more objective light, and learning how to connect with others.

Good luck!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, since you're apparently the expert on humor, perhaps you should explain. I might actually learn something from you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch_line
    My signature is actually very clever and witty.
    By your exotic standards?
    In fact, I even chuckle every time I read it.
    You could be apreciating other people's jokes once in a while, just to vary a little. Don't you ever get tired of your own?
    And the best part is that it's original and I am the one who conceived it.

I don't really understand why people don't quote themselves more often.
    Because it subcommunicates:
    a) you need aproval, a single fact that makes it socially inept by most people's standards.
    b) you have a big ego and perhaps think you are some kind of modern Nietzsche or Einstein or whatever.
    When they quote others, it indicates a lack of personal creativity.
    Imagine how great things would be if everyone quoted just themselves. Usually you can quote people and insert some of your own ideas. That's how people talk. Someone offers something to talk about and you either talk about it or remain silent. You aren't supposed to create a sub-thread within the thread babbling poorly related things and expect people are gonna pay attention. Imagine you are on a topic about ''how religion affects people's lives'' and someone stomps in saying ''god doesn't exist''.
    Which is the best option?
    a) ignore him
    b) tell him what do you think about his statement and risk starting a snowball effect that would ultimately derail the thread
    Last edited by Rasofy; 07-10-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: gram
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Not necessarily Huxley.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/29808.php

The classic narcissist is self-confident, the compensatory narcissist covers up in his haughty behaviour for a deep-seated deficit in self-esteem, and the inverted type is a co-dependent who caters to the emotional needs of a classic narcissist.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Okay, so he might be compensatory. Eitherway, it is very dangerous to SHATTER the image of either, and should be delt with by an expert that can decide which one he is, and go from there. Other people (especially forumers, cmon!) should not take a role of smacking down his identity, in hopes of helping him see more clearly. First, no one really knows him, 2nd- I doubt it would even work (maybe) and third he needs to develop a relationship and rapport with a therapist that can do this while teaching him to build a stronger and more ojective identity.

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion, another forumer lol.. so take it with a grain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You could learn something about humour in this insightful post made by Tallulah a while ago:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1502298
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Okay, so he might be compensatory. Eitherway, it is very dangerous to SHATTER the image of either, and should be delt with by an expert that can decide which one he is, and go from there. Other people (especially forumers, cmon!) should not take a role of smacking down his identity, in hopes of helping him see more clearly. First, no one really knows him, 2nd- I doubt it would even work (maybe) and third he needs to develop a relationship and rapport with a therapist that can do this while teaching him to build a stronger and more ojective identity.

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion, another forumer lol.. so take it with a grain.
    Strange. The quote notification didn't work and this is the first time you're quoting me in this thread. Did you do anything different?

IF he does have NPD which I'm not qualified to diagnose, it won't matter. That's part of the problem of why individuals with NPD are near impossible to cure. Their delusions of grandeur as defense mechanisms will cause them to reject any possibility of having a personality disorder.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Strange. The quote notification didn't work and this is the first time you're quoting me in this thread. Did you do anything different?

IF he does have NPD which I'm not qualified to diagnose, it won't matter. That's part of the problem of why individuals with NPD are near impossible to cure. Their delusions of grandeur as defense mechanisms will cause them to reject any possibility of having a personality disorder.
    Nope, just replied to quote. I suspected it was an experiment to bring together and seperate certain forumers, and clearly your on the B-team

The question of NPD being cureable is still up in the air. I would never discourage anyone from trying to better themselves, and there are indeed people with NPD that seek out treatment. It's just usually people who have spent alot of their lives dealing with failure after failure (with connection) that it reaches a point where they must consider they have a problem. It can be difficult to treat, like BPD.. but not impossible. The earlier the therapuetic intervention, the better prognosis.. which Is why I'm telling him to grab it by the balls NOW if he really thinks he has a problem.
    "A correct diagnosis and a proper mix of treatment modalities in early adolescence guarantees success without relapse in anywhere between one third and one half the cases. Additionally, ageing ameliorates or even vanquishes some antisocial behaviors."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_narcis...#ixzz1Rjq92It7