Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You get the attention you want when you make things more about them and less about you. It's tricky.
    Well, then aren't they the self-absorbed ones?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, then aren't they the self-absorbed ones?
    Ultimately we are all self-absorbed, but it is usually not a good thing to demonstrate it directly. No social value for that trait. You just focus more on people and they focus more on you, and the cicle keeps going.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

maybe You're not paying them enough.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think you are three more smiley faces away from being genuinely interesting. Ever think about changing your name to ÜÜÜÜ ? <-- It kinda looks like a happy barbershop quartet. Hello.. hello. hello.. helloooo,

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I feel very secure with Myself, believe it or not. I'm relatively happy with Myself, but what makes Me angry is other people who don't give Me attention.
    Well, if you want a serious, non-cuddly answer?

I usually don't read your posts anymore. Why? You seem to be begging for attention, not just with your posts but even with your presentation. Your original userid (uberfuhrer) was meant to get attention by trying to look cool (by referencing Hitler); and now "The U" with a foreign character simply comes across as pretentious. A lot of your posting style involves making edgy jokes, trying to one-up someone else, or show off how bad-ass you supposedly are -- it's all a "look at me, affirm me," strategy. I hate that crap.

I know I'd find you more interesting if you were interested in other people, asked them questions about their lives, shared experiences in your life that showed the ability to relate to them, etc. You don't seem particularly good at these things, if you even really care at all (I suspect you don't), and you probably don't HAVE a lot of life experiences yet that you can identify with others through, which is why you do what you do; but I think if you want to find acceptance, that's what you're going to have to work on. You can actually learn a lot of interesting things if you pay attention to others and stop trying to get them to focus on you. Maybe you can make a game of it -- finding out three new things about someone just by paying attention to their posts and asking them questions? Start small, build from there.

I'm not even sure this thread is not just another bid for attention. So far you're pretty much here just complaining about not getting attention and then accusing others of being self-absorbed by not giving a shit about your need for attention. But there you go. Maybe it'll be helpful to you, if you're serious about working on this.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

And I also can't understand why I'm unappreciated and uninteresting to others and moreover, how self-absorption relates to it.
    This is the heart of your problem. Imagine if U met another U (heh.) If you met someone like yourself, and they were self-absorbed like you, would you not GTFO because they weren't paying enough attention to you? Same for anyone else. It's not that you're unappreciated and uninteresting to others. It's just that everyone wants to be appreciated, and if they're not getting give and take from you, but only take, they're gone. When people have a friendship with you, they want to be your peer, not your audience.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

ThatGirl

Depends, why are you interested in yourself and not others. What do you get from yourself, and not others?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm not even sure this thread is not just another bid for attention. So far you're pretty much here just complaining about not getting attention and then accusing others of being self-absorbed by not giving a shit about your need for attention. But there you go. Maybe it'll be helpful to you, if you're serious about working on this.
    Wow, I totally missed all of that. I've never noticed him before. Seriously.

Kind of reluctant to respond, since I'm uncertain if you're trolling everyone. If you're not trolling us and are serious, I don't have enough in me to fill up another's emptiness. It's the synergy within the interaction that energises.

A window to the soul

I've been told by a few that I'm obsessed with Myself, and I can't say that I disagree, and I'm not sure if it's a bad thing to be self-obsessed, but it does seem to affect My relationships with others.

I don't understand why I can't stop focusing on Myself or why I can't pay attention to content that isn't about Me or can't somehow be directed to Me. I will admit, it does get tiresome, but I can't really help it. And I also can't understand why I'm unappreciated and uninteresting to others and moreover, how self-absorption relates to it.

So I ask: Why?
    <-- I don't know what else to do or say, you sound so pitiful. Are you thinking about hurting yourself?