User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What are values for NTs?

Hi,

In tests, I score INTx. Reading the type descriptions, there should be no doubt that I am clearly a T.

Nevertheless, I often find myself considering soft values a lot more than NTs seem to do. Yet I realize that as a contrast to NFs, I rather consider values as something that affect my logical conclusions than as a playground of feelings. Or perhaps I have feelings based on those values and I give those feelings quite a lot of weight in my logical processing.

This makes me wonder what are the core differences between NTs and NFs when it comes to values. How can it be that in one way see a lot of F in myself while I still think it's the T in me that makes the final decisions. The F effect is most evident when it comes to assumed feelings of other people as reaction to my actions.

Any thoughts?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I'd like to point out that simply having a feeling function in the tertiary or inferior location does not mean your feelings are any less important. I'm an INTP, putting my Extraverted Feeling in the inferior position. What this usually means for me is that my feelings are either black or white before being translated and filtered through my thoughts. I tend to feel very strongly about certain issues (gay rights for example), and get riled up very easily when someone dismisses them. I can be quite the passionate individual, both as a lover and as a (verbal) fighter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think of values as one of many inputs to a logical, thinking-based process. They help you identify why you have certain goals, what your priorities are, what is important. It sounds like your values are there, you recognize them, evaluate them, and integrate them into the decision. All normal.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

People who care about internal morals/values tend to be Fi types, that doesn't mean that Fe types can't or don't, it just seems to be more of a motivating factor for Fi types, question INTJ for yourself.

Values should be divided by Fi/Fe not T v F, Fi is about an internally driven moral values system, Fe is about a more communal and external driven one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I limit my own values so I can make myself more efficient. Values often contradict so they only hinder me. Survival is my greatest value.

In terms of type, values are a matter of likelihood, not certainty. F's are more likely to have more values than T's.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned

I think (emphasis on think) that an F's ultimate goal is to make "everyone happy/content/satisfied" while a T's ultimate goal is to make "everything make sense, which in turn should make everyone happy". The goals are the same, but the way they go about it is different.

Everyone has feelings..being T doesn't exempt you from feeling emotion.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fi is related to internal morals and values based on emotion. But I think Ti can also contribute to the creation of internal values and morals but based on 'logic' (bracketed because it's still subjective in nature).

I have quite some morals, standards, principles and whatnot that I find extremely important for myself. At first I thought it was Fi when I was knew to MBTI and even considered being INFP because of it , on cognative function tests my Fi scored pretty high, but the INFP description just felt off somehow and I didn't really relate, but when I started delving into the MBTI test questions and the reasons I had for giving the answers I gave in contrast to the motivation of the questions themselves (which is a sign of being a Ti dom, ironically). I came to realize my Fi probably isn't all that great after all, and the answers to those Fi based questions were rooted into my own Ti. Plainly put that is.

Might be the same for you, might not, I don't know. But might be worth looking into so you can find your answers.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my values are money, bitches and hoes
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Values?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.