User Tag List

First 678

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The thing is that yes you should be open to things which contradict and challenge your view of things (as noted in INTJMom's signature) but also it's a whole lot more expedient and realistic to expect people to change after proof is shown. Before hand it just takes ages and keeps hitting the "but I don't want to" wall. Think of it like teaching a child that broccoli doesn't bring instant death upon ingestion. Positive experience works a whole lot better than simply repeating "they're fine".
    You are extremely lucky if you've known many people who accept rational "proof." That hasn't been my experience. That is, perhaps, why I just ask questions and seldom offer an opinion irl. In fact, back when I did state opinions, I found most people quite offended. No, rationality doesn't fly usually. Were it not for questions, there wouldn't be much left as far as communication goes. Now I'm seeing that even questions can be offensive. *sigh*.. so many kinds, so little understanding. Actually, I don't think there's a whole lot an INTP can do right other than change who they are? but, is that "right?" No, can't go there either... I'll just do what I do best... stay home and mind my own business.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    No, he's just being nosey. For instance: If I say I think bisexuality is natural and heterosexulaity is culturally induced he will question me trying to find out if I've had any bi experiences. I wouldn't mind a discussion on the subject but when the subject becomes "me"... forget it.

Nah, asking directly can be lots of fun. The look! and taking one off-gaurd is more likely to produced an honest answer... as well as a fat lip.
    I think the only way they'll ever get me to be comfortable being an exhibit in such a fashion is by displaying my corpse!

I too hate it when the whole thing becomes about me... oddly enough though I don't like being ignored either. According to the whole MBTI INTP description that's common... Must be synonymous with 'picky swine'
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    You are extremely lucky if you've known many people who accept rational "proof." That hasn't been my experience. That is, perhaps, why I just ask questions and seldom offer an opinion irl. In fact, back when I did state opinions, I found most people quite offended. No, rationality doesn't fly usually. Were it not for questions, there wouldn't be much left as far as communication goes. Now I'm seeing that even questions can be offensive. *sigh*.. so many kinds, so little understanding. Actually, I don't think there's a whole lot an INTP can do right other than change who they are? but, is that "right?" No, can't go there either... I'll just do what I do best... stay home and mind my own business.
    Note, success or failure doesn't always moderate whether I reattempt or not.

Oh and people often don't accept rational thinking when you confront them, Ts even more so than Fs IME! You have to fill in those gaps which the intuitive mind so often puts in.

You should see the reaction half of my amusing comments get. I'm amused but everyone else is completely lost. Usually cause I've just taken about 43 hops in my thinking and haven't told them about even one of them

Not that I ever explain the joke though. It loses all humour if you have to explain it... besides half of the reason I'm usually laughing is their expressions of complete confusion
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm not sure what reminded me of this recently but here's a one liner that always strikes a chord...

It was advice not given as advice but merely a comment on the INTP way of life by an ENFP...

"I'd rather live life than just observe it"
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

tough message, because a little too true
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas