User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 105

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am actually good at being a girl even though I am a bloke.
    Yet strangely enough you seem excessively fond of accusing females of mimicking arousal, being attracted to finances, and other things that seem like horror rather than identifcation.

    No offense, but your issues don't seem very womanly to me.

    I have a male-to-female transgender friend and s/he would be offended by the things you say about women, I'm pretty sure.

    S/He still can't get over the fact that I can listen to Ted Nugent with a straight face.

  2. #22
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    I failed at it so hard!

  3. #23
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    A lot of people tell me that my personality is way too masculine, and it offends me only because the traits they're talking about are inherently human. Why is rationality, logic, or being stoic masculine? As a woman, I'm expected to be whiny, emotionally-driven, unfunny, and illogical. I'm sorry I can't live up to those very dignifying and natural expectations.

    I am a freak of nature.
    My husband calls me a hybrid. Obviously he likes that or he wouldn't be here but it's hard to be us. I feel like I have to squash so much in daily life, at times it feels like I'm suffocating.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  4. #24
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    Thank you.

    I'm not saying that being beautiful is a bad thing for anyone, I just don't understand why when I try to be a conventional girl it doesn't work out, it convinces others but I feel like I'm less me when I'm dressed up. You know? I only really do my hair/makeup for work.
    What's this lamenting about not being able to be conventional? What's so awesome about being conventional?

    Here's an idea: find yourself some other unconventional people to hang out with - and revel in each other's unconventionality.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  5. #25
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    MOTORCYCLE EMOT.

    i have an opposite, also awkward problem. i am good at being a girl. i love makeup, i'm flirty, and i like to dress up.

    the thing is, people freak out when i show up in shorts and a ponytail with no makeup, climb trees, haul heavy furniture, drive my stick shirt, set off fireworks, etc. i also am the go-to pickle-jar opener.

    i dislike gender expectations in general.

    i'm in for the rebellion.


  6. #26
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    My husband calls me a hybrid. Obviously he likes that or he wouldn't be here but it's hard to be us. I feel like I have to squash so much in daily life, at times it feels like I'm suffocating.
    I have to admit... I recognize this, and remember what it's like, but at the same time am curious - I know ye and your husband are a pretty awesome pair, from what I've gathered; why or what exactly do ye have to squash so much in daily life, if I may ask?

  7. #27
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I have to admit... I recognize this, and remember what it's like, but at the same time am curious - I know ye and your husband are a pretty awesome pair, from what I've gathered; why or what exactly do ye have to squash so much in daily life, if I may ask?
    Oh it's nothing with him, more like expected behaviors in every day life. The normal female reactions to things, interests, that sort of thing. Not that I don't have normal female interests, I do.

    I'll use a neighbor of mine as an example. My youngest son and her son hang out quite a bit. I should add my son is 16 and hers is 15. She is quite high strung and emotional. Because I'm not so much, she takes this as me not caring what the boys do. That's untrue and just because I don't flake out when they don't check in every hour on the hour, the way she wants, this is also a sign of lax parenting on my part. I'm convinced if I had more of an emotional outburst, people would not assume I didn't care. Since I don't, I get that WTF look often.

    I like sports, I don't like reality shows. I like to shop but it's not an Olympic event. I appreciate and respect my husband, not roll my eyes in public at what he says and does. Sometimes I feel so alien around other women..I just don't want to be around them at all. I have no desire to conform but I don't want to go out of my way to make life difficult for myself either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  8. #28
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Gender stereotypes become less compelling and less meaningful as you get older.

  9. #29
    Member kissmyasthma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I sometimes have a hard time being "girly" as well. I only dress up and wear makeup if I'm performing or going out (which I rarely do). My mom insists that I should wear makeup every day, do my hair, wear dresses that "show off my figure," etc., but I just don't want to be bothered with that stuff all the time.

    And I've always been wretched at flirting, but that probably has more to do with disinterest than anything else.

  10. #30
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Im not particularly feminine either. I'd say my only qualm with that is... When girls are doing "Girls Night Out" kind of things, no one ever thinks to invite me, because I'm not girly (Rightfully so, I probably wouldn't enjoy it.) When guys do, "Guys night out" kind of things... Be it a Strip club or a LAN party... They rarely think to invite me, because despite my more masculine personality - I am still a chick. It just sort of sticks you in the social limbo where you really only get invited to situations that are perceived as gender-neutral like bar or movies.

    Other than that... I have no issues with my "less than feminine" personality.
    :c I find this happens to me more often than not..
    Also, I dislike that a first impression does SO much to me. If someone happens to meet me on a day I am dressed up, they tend to think of me as feminine until the day I die, no matter what. I get boxed into a lot of things that are just not true, only because they have that impression.
    When I meet people in my normal attire, or doing something out of the feminine box, I tend to either get overlooked as a female until it comes to things like guys night out, OR people get almost offended and actively try to look for every feminine detail about me. @_@ Putting so much social pressure on something that isn't a big deal to me at all just makes my head spin.

    I believe that men have feminine qualities about them, and they wouldn't be able to interact with women if they didn't. Girls don't flirt with bugs. I believe females have masculine traits, and we need them in order to understand men. Guys don't marry bugs either. Many religions teach that the union of a man and a woman is that they become 'one'. I think we're like that simple ying-yang, but everyone just keeps overlooking the circles for some reason.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Any INTP's not good at math?
    By Pseudo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
  2. Do you think it is possible that NTs (esp. NTPs) are not good at academic writing?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
  3. [INTP] INTPs Not Usually Good at Practical Matters
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 06:59 AM
  4. [ISTJ] ISTJs and being good at distinguishing right and wrong and enforcing it
    By swordpath in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Which type is good at guessing type?
    By INTJMom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO