User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Elaine I think it's awesome that you have such a strong sense of self and what you value.
    Elaine's post captures my sentiments as well. I'm not sure if either of you has been following the discussion of rape on the Everyday Sexism thread. The attitude expressed here is one our best weapons against rape, and sexism of every kind. It is the antidote to "rape culture", and the broader disempowering and limitation of women so common around the world.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    Hera, I saw your picture. You look beautiful.
    That's what I was going to say! I never would have expected you to say you have difficulty looking feminine. Not that it's any more important for a female to be beautiful than a male. I think many humans are beautiful. Being alive is beautiful. Humans lived for millennia before makeup and all that was invented, and each person who reproduced with another thought that person was beautiful in their own way. Even cave dwelling hairy stinky people thought each other was beautiful at least some of the time. In the ancient past people probably still had some ideas about how males and females were supposed to act, but I think it wasn't as important as being good at surviving. Decorating yourself can be fun, but it's by no means necessary. I say be comfortable with yourself and be good at being a human, whatever that means to you. I know it kind of sucks because people will still have these expectations, but I think you can get to a point where it doesn't really bother you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    I only appreciate it for this reason. Get them off-guard. Nothing is more shocking than a female NT for most people.
    NT females are awesome!

As for myself, I used to think I was NT, and one reason was that I used to have a hard time with being girly too. The thing was that I really wanted to be. I don't think that's typical of NT's. Now I am very girly in some ways, but still tomboyish and "masculine" in others. People are just people, and have both feminine and masculine energy, like yin and yang, and most things are just neutral. No one should have to conform to anything. I love being feminine and glamorous, and I wouldn't feel like myself if I wasn't, but I like just being natural too.

Anyway, end of ramble.

WALMART

then stop

it's the 21st century

i am too facile for my times

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Haha, opposite. As a young teenager, I wished I could fit in with people like the OP and scorned myself for being too sensitive and having too much fun dressing up. Then I rioted or something because most of the "masculine" and "feminine" markers that come up in discussions like this are so surface-level. Strength comes from underneath the decorations.

Whoever you are, own it deeply and it won't be weak.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Gender would not be an issue if it was acceptable for somebody to express themselves in whichever way they felt comfortable, whether born male or female.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    ...most of the "masculine" and "feminine" markers that come up in discussions like this are so surface-level. Strength comes from underneath the decorations.

Whoever you are, own it deeply and it won't be weak.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Also, sort of in response to what @Webslinger posted...

I see a lot of "sensitive" guys whining that ladies don't appreciate them because they are aren't stereotypically masculine or whatever. It's not that. It's that the guys don't truly OWN their sensitive beautiful natures, they aren't confident in their own skin, who they are. It's the insecurity and self-shame that turns people away, not the lovely characteristics. So really embrace your sensitivity, your kindness, your sweetness. That's the stuff ladies/people actually really value in a relationship, if you can get over yourself.

Like a mothafucka.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mooseantlers View Post
    Gender would not be an issue if it was acceptable for somebody to express themselves in whichever way they felt comfortable, whether born male or female.
    You've just won the thread, sir. Enjoy this set of fine china as your prize.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Stop, just be yourself
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Elaine's post captures my sentiments as well. I'm not sure if either of you has been following the discussion of rape on the Everyday Sexism thread. The attitude expressed here is one our best weapons against rape, and sexism of every kind. It is the antidote to "rape culture", and the broader disempowering and limitation of women so common around the world.
    I haven' t been there yet, but I' ll check it out.