User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned

Default Ask Jim Anything.

Sure, go for it. I have a few hours/weeks to answer your queries.

Any questions which are just shit will be ignored and also I'm not a fan of betraying the privacy of other users so don't be surprised if I ignore questions on that basis. All answers, as ever will be honest even if you don't like the response.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

What happened to free up this time/boredom-space? Or, alternatively, what happened to increase your level of goodwill towards the forum's userbase?

Or whatever. You get the point.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

What are the qualifications you could but will not flaunt in the other thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    What happened to free up this time/boredom-space? Or, alternatively, what happened to increase your level of goodwill towards the forum's userbase?

Or whatever. You get the point.
    To
    a) nothing its just the ebbs and flows of life.
    b) I do not really have any goodwill towards the forum userbase; I do have good will towards certain members however.
    c) I probably didn't, when someone says 'you get the point' the other person usually does not.

Post Edit Advice: If you find what you wrote difficult to understand then how can you expect anyone else to properly do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What are the qualifications you could but will not flaunt in the other thread?
    I'm a 1st class masters post-graduate chemical and processing engineer. The only higher academic achievements I could have would be a doctorate and then to hold a professorship.

I've been an engineer developing greenfield redeveloping existing brownfield oil fields at the conceptual level and building up development plans which are now entering production for several years.

I once spent 3 months looking at over 600-700 well test samples and pvt analysis of petrochemical properties for one of the most mature oilfields in the middle east and how they correlated to minimum miscibility pressure then running statistical and stochastic analysis to give best fit guesses across the field and also proving the statistical relevance of what was measured which was then reviewed by the technical boards of several multinationals who are full of doctorates from MIT/ICL and technical experts. Yes, I know plenty of things about statistics in both theory and in the real world and it has been peer tested and reviewed thoroughly.

I also spent about a year working as an economist. Woe unto me.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 07-05-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Advice Added

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What happened to Good Jim? For the record, I prefer Bad Jim.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    What happened to Good Jim? For the record, I prefer Bad Jim.
    It depends if I am addressing the forum or individual members as to which hat I wear. Situational behaviour is a very clear and demarcated IJ dichotomy trait because the IJ doesn't flee the unfamiliar but wraps themselves around it, the inner world flexes to deal with the changing environment that it experiences.

In summary:
    EP types behave true to the self and when acting out of sync appear to obviously do so
    IJ types don't just change mask they change themselves
    IP types exhibit that they will avoid situations which don't allow them to be themselves
    EJ types try to change the situation to meet their requirements.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    To
    a) nothing its just the ebbs and flows of life.
    b) I do not really have any goodwill towards the forum userbase; I do have good will towards certain members however.
    c) I probably didn't, when someone says 'you get the point' the other person usually does not.

Post Edit Advice: If you find what you wrote difficult to understand then how can you expect anyone else to properly do so?
    It doesn't matter. You did indeed 'get it' and answered :o

I guess if I wanted be 'easy to understand' I would ask 'why this thread?' but that seems like there would be too many possible interpretations to give an honest answer.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    It doesn't matter. You did indeed 'get it' and answered :o

I guess if I wanted be 'easy to understand' I would ask 'why this thread?' but that seems like there would be too many possible interpretations to give an honest answer.
    Why this thread? Because I recently retired and then came back, therefore I thought it would be of interest to the forum to grill me. More importantly the forum was very quiet this morning so I thought I would make some noise to liven it up.

Ginkgo

What stoked your interest in typology?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When you near the end of your life, what do you suspect will be something you will wish you had done more of, or invested more time into?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay