• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
So if fairness is a part of "credibility loss" in your eyes - people aren't fair to each other, aren't honest, don't evenly apply the rules to everyone - what do you think could cause other people to lose credibility in you? Do you feel you do anything that could contribute to this happening (here or anywhere really)?

Many things I'm sure. Of course the question there would be, why would I wish to do it differently? The answer is, I have no reason to do so.

I wasn't suggesting that it was a type-specific problem by any means; I was just wondering if you (and perhaps other INTJs) had particular strategies for nipping these situations in the bud before any sort of resentment starts building up.

Not really, you have to be careful. Some people, like Je doms EJs prefer you to be up front and direct. It is the nature of IJs to back off as a natural tendancy. It is very easy to get along, IJ to IJ. The only trick are P types who just wobble back and forward like drunks in the park; you can tell them but they'll hate you for it if they are E, or you can be ignore them but the I will just keep pounding at thee door. Replacing those roles is dangerous because they'll just argue with you.

:laugh:

Should I be rethinking introversion in that case? I would definitely flounce off in a huff, likely saying things like "FINE, I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY."

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

Should I be rethinking introversion in that case? I would definitely flounce off in a huff, likely saying things like "FINE, I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY."

This is always my preferred method of dealing with things <3

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

NFPs tend to be rubber balls when this happens.

There are two or three a week who bounce up to me only to vanish again a week later for slights/insults or me just not being gratifying enough to them. I just shrug and stay on the same course.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Many things I'm sure. Of course the question there would be, why would I wish to do it differently? The answer is, I have no reason to do so.

Do you want what you've always got or do you want results? I have gone on Fi crusades myself, but must strategize in order to facilitate their effectiveness. So should you, if you want to effect change. That is the extremely logical answer I am offering.

So, I ask again:

What do you think you do that could cause other people to lose faith in you? Do you feel you do anything that could contribute to this credibility loss happening (here or anywhere else)?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Do you want what you've always got or do you want results? I have gone on Fi crusades myself, but must strategize in order to facilitate their effectiveness. So should you, if you want to effect change. That is the extremely logical answer I am offering.

So, I ask again:

What do you think you do that could cause other people to lose credibility in you? Do you feel you do anything that could contribute to this happening (here or anywhere really)?

People always revert to type. There is no permanent change possible, merely the establishment of appropriate boundaries. This is a P type misnomer that anything else is anything other than temporary. To summarise: Results?! :D

Here are a list of things that I do to annoy people

• Remember things from many months ago they have said which contradicts the 'now'
  • Persist to cage rattle after they have made decisions when I consider the decisions to be unfair or wrong
  • Reactively bite back at people, I don't let people piss on me
  • Demand very high/exacting standards from others, including friends
  • Can run hot and cold. Nice and angry.
  • Like to draw absolutes, no more, only this. etc.
  • Other things

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How often do you play computer games?

What type do you think I am?

Do you enjoy maths during your leisure time at all?

On the subject of remembering things from many months ago that contradict the now, aren't people allowed to change their minds? :cry:

And secondly, why do you think your XNTP following has suddenly gone so quiet?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How often do you play computer games?

What type do you think I am?

Do you enjoy maths during your leisure time at all?

Yes, either daily or every two days usually.

I don't know your type :(

No, I barely touch it with a barge pole in my leisure time.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
On the subject of remembering things from many months ago that contradict the now, aren't people allowed to change their minds? :cry:

1) No.
2) Because they were sock puppets and they were dumb enough to admit it. I wonder if the admins/mods will do anything about their own harassment of me after accidentally proving me to be quite willing to be entirely reasonable!

:happy2:

Just to show off my sci-fi credentials, I felt this video was suitable for summarizing the behavior of some in this thread.

WHY NOT?!

Also, are you friends with any NFPs of your own sex? If so, what similarities and differences have you noticed in those relationships compared to the ones you have with their female counterparts?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Invisible Jim,

How do INTJ's show affection when wildly inlove?

What do you think about INTJ-INTJ pairing?

A

Anew Leaf

Gah! I have spent A LOT of time and hard work derailing this thread back to its original topic. Do you people think this kind of genius is easy? or cheap? :thelook:

Ah-hem:

Question #45: Do you like fractals?
Question #46: What computer games do you like?
Question #47: What's your favorite SciFi movie/tv show/etc?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
People always revert to type. There is no permanent change possible, merely the establishment of appropriate boundaries. This is a P type misnomer that anything else is anything other than temporary. To summarise: Results?! :D

I ask again, do you want results? This is a yes or no question. I am not interested in some ephemeral "no permanent change is possible" blah blah blah statement.

If boundaries is what you want, do you want results?

What is your goal? Just to point things out? For nothing to ever change except you get yourself banned or you get to hear yourself rattle your own cage once in a while? Sometimes in the middle of feeling what's wrong, it seems that pointing out what's wrong is the most important part of what you are doing. The key though is knowing what change you wish to effect at the same time.

What is the point for you?

Here are a list of things that I do to annoy people

• Remember things from many months ago they have said which contradicts the 'now'
  • Persist to cage rattle after they have made decisions when I consider the decisions to be unfair or wrong
  • Reactively bite back at people, I don't let people piss on me
  • Demand very high/exacting standards from others, including friends
  • Can run hot and cold. Nice and angry.
  • Like to draw absolutes, no more, only this. etc.
  • Other things

I appreciate you offering that over. Would you say these run aligned with or contrary to your goal? IF you want, say, to influence what you feel are more "fair" moderation practices, are these traits conducive to your goal?

Undoubtedly, some are watching, and some have lost interest.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, either daily or every two days usually.

I don't know your type :(

No, I barely touch it with a barge pole in my leisure time.

1. Cool. I'm guessing you favour strategic games over fast pasted ones?

2. But you know I am not INFP right?

3. So do you get any satisfaction from it at work?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
WHY NOT?!

Also, are you friends with any NFPs of your own sex? If so, what similarities and differences have you noticed in those relationships compared to the ones you have with their female counterparts?

Because if it isn't based on 'new evidence' then its just changing your mind for convenience.

I am friends with a few male NFPs, less flirty, more supportive. I have a whole lotta of love for the NFPs.

Invisible Jim,

How do INTJ's show affection when wildly inlove?

What do you think about INTJ-INTJ pairing?

I'll show you some affection Huxley mrwar. :D

But otherwise through action, rarely words.

The INTJ-INTJ pairing is a remarkably content one, if uninspiring in the view of INFPs.

Gah! I have spent A LOT of time and hard work derailing this thread back to its original topic. Do you people think this kind of genius is easy? or cheap? :thelook:

Ah-hem:

Question #45: Do you like fractals?
Question #46: What computer games do you like?
Question #47: What's your favorite SciFi movie/tv show/etc?

a) Yes!
b) All of them, I've played and completed just about every computer game since 2000 and most of the real games from before then.
c) Tricky tricky.
Movie - Terminator 2
TV Show - Babylon 5
Bools - The Culture Series - Ian M Banks

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I ask again, do you want results? This is a yes or no question. I am not interested in some ephemeral "no permanent change is possible" blah blah blah statement.

If boundaries is what you want, do you want results?

What is your goal? Just to point things out? For nothing to ever change except you get yourself banned or you get to hear yourself rattle your own cage once in a while? Sometimes in the middle of feeling what's wrong, it seems that pointing out what's wrong is the most inportant part of what you are doing. The key though is knowing what change you wish to effect at the same time.

What is the point for you?

I appreciate you offering that over. Would you say these run aligned with or contrary to your goal? IF you want, say, to influence what you feel are more "fair" moderation practices, are these traits conducive to your goal?

My goal is simple. Not to be impacted due to the failings of others. I don't see why I should sacrifice anything for that extremely basic requirement. I'm not saying what the rules 'should be' or what they 'should be' I'm saying, parity.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
2) Because they were sock puppets and they were dumb enough to admit it. I wonder if the admins/mods will do anything about their own harassment of me after accidentally proving me to be quite willing to be entirely reasonable!

Awww, I'm not a sock puppet. :( I've just been busy and less interested after I realized no major changes would originate from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.