• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can time them in and out. Click clock. Just watch their profile pages and whenever they accidentally quote my posts in the staff threads.

You can't time in and out invisible posters. Or are you making things up?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You gotta love the whole "I'm the last man on earth with any rational thoughts and any sense...........if they'd only listen to me, they could get it right". Martyrdom.

Puhhhhleaz.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Believe it or not, I might be able to help you here - would you like some help to identify what you are doing that is simultaneously causing you distress and raising the ire of the mod staff? IOW, do you want to fix this problem? I can't proceed without your consent.

P.S. This often works well IRL but not so much on the forum, due to the nature of the medium I think and due to the fact I can't see you in person. However, I am willing to give it a shot if you are.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Obey your rules Jim? You should be a mod!

What is the question, Jim?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
You can't time in and out invisible posters. Or are you making things up?

I just did bro.

You gotta love the whole "I'm the last man on earth with any rational thoughts and any sense...........if they'd only listen to me, they could get it right". Martyrdom.

Puhhhhleaz.

As promised earlier.

That is not a question. Obey the thread please rather than making non-discursive statements. Every time an IxTP enters the thread to do this I will be posting the following quote.

IxTP said:
Wank wank wank

Believe it or not, I might be able to help you here - would you like some help to identify what you are doing that is simultaneously causing you distress and raising the ire of the mod staff? IOW, do you want to fix this problem? I can't proceed without your consent.

P.S. This often works well IRL but not so much on the forum, due to the nature of the medium I think and due to the fact I can't see you in person. However, I am willing to give it a shot if you are.

Nope, because its not just my problem. We have discussed this in depth today. That would be disgusting to single it out as a single person issue when it is not.

Obey your rules Jim? You should be a mod!

What is the question, Jim?

You can ask whatever question you want, but as stated in the OP I can happily ignore it.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
zpage080.gif

Would you consider using a properly resized version of this image as your avatar?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
You admit you manufactured your evidence? Or are you saying you can see invisible people and inside the modbox?

I can see when my posts are quoted inside the staff subforum, you can too! You can track the click in and out times of invisible users when it shows the time of last activity and the time of the changes in usercount on a thread. Especially when they travel in groups ;) 1+1 = 2

Would you consider using a properly resized version of this image as your avatar?

Unlikely, doesn't have character.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Nope, because its not just my problem. We have discussed this in depth today. That would be disgusting to single it out as a single person issue when it is not.

Disgusting ... what is disgusting about it? Tell me why? I don't necessarily see this as a single person problem, but ultimately, we can only be responsible for our own selves, so in focussing on you it may reveal insights on a larger truth that requires examination.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Now what about invisible posters?

Just explained that in depth MacG. There is a process. You can see whether they are browsing the forum or other activities, it is very entertaining.

Disgusting ... what is disgusting about it? Tell me why? I don't necessarily see this as a single person problem, but ultimately, we can only be responsible for our own selves, so in focussing on you it may reveal insights on a larger truth that requires examination.

Because I won't trade off the values of decent people for my own self gratification.

This time, ::offtobed:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see when my posts are quoted inside the staff subforum, you can too! You can track the click in and out times of invisible users when it shows the time of last activity and the time of the changes in usercount on a thread. Especially when they travel in groups ;) 1+1 = 2

What kind of person obsessively tracks people in and out of a thread and on their profile pages?
So they can prove a point?
Does that kind of person enjoy playing martyr?

And again, how can you prove any visitor, mod or not, actually read the off-topic post or considered it a problem to deal with?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
You can ask whatever question you want, but as stated in the OP I can happily ignore it.

In other words you are reliant on the very authority you claim to reject.

Ignore away, Jim. You are a fucking embarassment to the word "Scottish".

Carry on, McDuff...

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In other words you are reliant on the very authority you claim to reject.

Ignore away, Jim. You are a fucking embarassment to the word "Scottish".

Carry on, McDuff...

I'm sorry, I was going to sleep but then I had to reply to some communiques from Mr. Z

And then this was too superb to ignore!!

A NO TRUE SCOTSMAN LOGICAL FALLACY. LIVE, IN THE FLESH!

:rofl1:

I suppose I should be kind and respond to McG as well.

What kind of person obsessively tracks people in and out of a thread and on their profile pages?
So they can prove a point?
Does that kind of person enjoy playing martyr?

And again, how can you prove any visitor, mod or not, actually read the off-topic post or considered it a problem to deal with?

1) Someone who wishes to see exactly what is going on, it is freely available information. You are a moron if you insist upon bringing stones, when you could at least bring machine guns to fight someone with a fighter jet.
2) Yes.
3) They might just enjoy evidence based reasoning. Even then, so what?
4) You are a former mod and you considered it a problem to deal with, however, since I intentionally watched the mods read my post describing what I felt about Gish's post you can see the problem. It was read, it was ignored due to bias (again). You are proving little challenge today MacGuffin.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just explained that in depth MacG. There is a process. You can see whether they are browsing the forum or other activities, it is very entertaining.

You cannot see what specific invisible people are doing anywhere on the forum. How can you see this?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Good luck, Jim. You'll need it.

All the best.

Bon voyage, enjoy your diatribes with Wildcat. I have always enjoyed his avatar.

*tips hat*

You cannot see what specific invisible people are doing anywhere on the forum. How can you see this?

No need to ask the same question 3 times.

You can time them in and out. Click clock. Just watch their profile pages and whenever they accidentally quote my posts in the staff threads. The quote notification system is a marvelous woopsie at that =]

Off to bed. :offtobed:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Why thanks.

And you too.

Never give up, Jim.

Kill the enemy!

Even if you eventually become him.

Regards.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Someone who wishes to see exactly what is going on, it is freely available information. You are a moron if you insist upon bringing stones, when you could at least bring machine guns to fight someone with a fighter jet.
2) Yes.
3) They might just enjoy evidence based reasoning. Even then, so what?
4) You are a former mod and you considered it a problem to deal with, however, since I intentionally watched the mods read my post describing what I felt about Gish's post you can see the problem. It was read, it was ignored due to bias (again). You are proving little challenge today MacGuffin.

1) Why is a fighter jet needed to answer simple questions about a post?
2) WHY?
3) Then if one enjoys playing martyr, one enjoys being a victim. If one seeks out victimization, is it even accurate to call it victimization?
4) How do you know they read THAT SPECIFIC POST? You only provided suspect thread evidence. How were they supposed to know you wanted it dealt with when you made no overt communication about it?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Would you be willing to work with others to make the forum a better place, or do you prefer to fight the good fight all by your lonesome? In all honesty, I have a righteous streak that I would love to exercise for a good cause, if only I could comprehend and emotionally relate; you need only take a bit of time to translate your experience into a language that resonates with me, and I'd be willing to fight along side you.

Status
Not open for further replies.