• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
if you where a emo kid would you rather cry and cut yourself sitting in a auditorium or sitting in a chair on the dancefloor of some club?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
It doesn't seem like you're capable of seeing anything I can't, and yet my experience on this forum has been pleasant enough. You mentioned INTJs being able to see the future and yet being unable to do anything about it; but this would cause suffering only to those who have difficulty controlling their own emotional state. Do you think this is an Fi/Te thing?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
if you were an emo kid would you rather cry and cut yourself sitting in a auditorium or sitting in a chair on the dancefloor of some club?

Definitely on the dancefloor. Don't make it a token gesture.

It doesn't seem like you're capable of seeing anything I can't, and yet my experience on this forum has been pleasant enough. You mentioned INTJs being able to see the future and yet being unable to do anything about it; but this would cause suffering only to those who have difficulty controlling their own emotional state. Do you think this is an Fi/Te thing?

That is incorrect Jonny, you do not see exactly what I see nor do you experience what I experience.

You also make a presumption that this would only cause suffering only to those who have difficulty controlling their emotional state.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
6w5.

5-1-3.

sx/sp

k the 6w5 I presume is from another test, correct?

What result did the one you just took give you, including wing? Did you get 5w6?

5-1-3 shall look up some info on that, brb. Thanks for taking the test, despite your (crappy) assertions. :)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Yes, it is correct that I do not experience what you experience; we are two different people. However, when referring to INTJs you mention that they see things that others do not, and are burdened by this knowledge because they lack the ability to change certain aspects of it. When I mentioned that you didn't seem capable of seeing things that I couldn't, I was referring more to the notion that, on average, you (and other INTJs) don't seem better suited to make accurate predictions about the future than I do.

As for the second part, I do believe that suffering would only occur in those who were comfortable suffering, or those who were unable to come to terms with the future so as not to suffer. Would there be anyone who didn't want to suffer and who could stop suffering but continued to suffer?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
k the 6w5 I presume is from another test, correct?

What result did the one you just took give you, including wing? Did you get 5w6?

5-1-3 shall look up some info on that, brb. Thanks for taking the test, despite your (crappy) assertions. :)

I found it impossible to choose the cards without choosing the images. I don't understand why they would tell me to ignore the images AND provide them.

Card 1:

B5.jpg

Enneagram Type 5
Observer, Investigator, Thinker, Sage or Voyeur

You want to be informed, knowledgeable, concise and perceptive. Most importantly, you want to be self-sufficient and not have the entanglements of obligation. You may have problems with avarice. Under stress you may be arrogant, unfeeling and distant. At your best, you are objective, insightful and clear minded.

Card 2:

Y5.jpg

Enneagram Type 5
Observer, Investigator, Thinker, Sage or Voyeur

You want to be informed, knowledgeable, concise and perceptive. Most importantly, you want to be self-sufficient and not have the entanglements of obligation. You may have problems with avarice. Under stress you may be arrogant, unfeeling and distant. At your best, you are objective, insightful and clear minded.

Interpreting Your Enneacard Test Results

If both of the Enneacards above are the same, you have a 'pair' and there is a higher likelihood that the Enneacards Sampler has revealed your actual Enneagram Type.

Your Top Ranked Enneacard Collage

Enneagram Type 5

Yes, it is correct that I do not experience what you experience; we are two different people. However, when referring to INTJs you mention that they see things that others do not, and are burdened by this knowledge because they lack the ability to change certain aspects of it. When I mentioned that you didn't seem capable of seeing things that I couldn't, I was referring more to the notion that, on average, you (and other INTJs) don't seem better suited to make accurate predictions about the future than I do.

As for the second part, I do believe that suffering would only occur in those who were comfortable suffering, or those who were unable to come to terms with the future so as not to suffer. Would there be anyone who didn't want to suffer and who could stop suffering but continued to suffer?

I should clarify, we don't see thinks others do not but we draw different lessons than others do from the common things that we see. The preference for making accurate predictions is an artifact observed by Jung regarding Introverted Intuition pulling multiple dissonant ideas together to see the common mode. It's a visionary cognition preference, you should learn more about it because even Jung considered it little more than disabling and wacky (ISTP after all!) yet disturbingly important in its consequentials.

Regarding point 2, anything is possible.

More importantly

Do you have concrete evidence of this?

Now, Yes. Where concrete evidence is why 'Z' is not around.

Nicodemus

You said a while ago that you take rather little seriousness with typology and cognitive functions. Since you regularly talk about types as though they were separate prison cells, I wonder if that is still the case. Thus the question: Is it?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
You said a while ago that you take rather little seriousness with typology and cognitive functions. Since you regularly talk about types as though they were separate prison cells, I wonder if that is still the case. Thus the question: Is it?

I cannot remember stating so. Could you quote me on that so I can clarify it for you?

Last edited:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm saying that the INTJs on this forum all feel persecuted although they will not discuss it. It is a problem because I have drawn a line on the sand and thus it is visible to others.

This is incredibly offensive to other people. But by simply drawing the line I have already determined that I consider the value of the line and defending it more powerful than its consequences no matter how high the cost.

How do you know all INTJs feel that way?

And how do you know people are offended, rather than say, merely annoyed?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

Here was the post you were referring to, lets bring narrative into play:

Because I think both of you take typology and functions too seriously, like two soldiers who fight because they believe in nations that, though referring to real people, real land and culture, as nations only exist in their heads, thereby committing foolishness. I, for one, would like to see that highbrow Jerry Springer Show.

You'd be surprised how little seriousness I take with it, but I do enjoy it :) It's an intricate and interesting system that can be turned this way and thata way.

anyway, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.

I'm not going to count an individuals type as more important than an individuals action. Logically, one cannot discuss the 'theoretical' INTJ without discussing the 'theoretical' INTJ. You can easily see who you can apply the 'theoretical' INTJ label to individuals, however, this does not make these individuals less 'individual' merely it assists you in mapping out how their thought process moves.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. It is, don't be lazy. Follow what has already been discussed rather than demanding it is repeated just for you.

I already read it, yet you still duck the questions.

Are you claiming to be a mind reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.