• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anew Leaf

Believe it or not I think ENTJs go est with INTPs or *drumroll* ENFJs, they also would be much happier with SFJs than INTJs are don't ask why though. Just a hunch.

INFPs actually go fantastically well with ISTJs or INTJs.

There is; it's called work independently or through a medium that can understand both mechanisms.

If I new what questions I wanted to ask myself why would I have made a thread? *taps nose*

:sick: ENTJs would want to make me their pet. ISTJs would require I make them breakfast everyday. That settles it. *calls 1-800-kittens9* "uh, yes I would like to order TWO of your 'crazy cat lady specials.' Yes, uh huh.... Yes, I will need to also order the accompanying kitty treat packs, 12 litter boxes, and 4 feather toys. Can I next day air this? Fan-TAS-tic."

what could you do to facilitate this happy medium?

Touché as always.

Where do you see yourself in one year?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:sick: ENTJs would want to make me their pet. ISTJs would require I make them breakfast everyday. That settles it. *calls 1-800-kittens9* "uh, yes I would like to order TWO of your 'crazy cat lady specials.' Yes, uh huh.... Yes, I will need to also order the accompanying kitty treat packs, 12 litter boxes, and 4 feather toys. Can I next day air this? Fan-TAS-tic."

what could you do to facilitate this happy medium?

Touché as always.

Where do you see yourself in one year?

I'm skeptical that ISTJs are so harsh.

I try not to get involved in individuals personal relations. Third wheel is for suckers.

Exactly where I am now :)

A

Anew Leaf

I'm skeptical that ISTJs are so harsh.

I try not to get involved in individuals personal relations. Third wheel is for suckers.

Exactly where I am now :)

:thelook: Perhaps not to you on the harshness... but to a tender INFP they are. :puppy_dog_eyes:

Oh, my happy medium question was too ambiguous, I am sorry.

What I meant to say is: What could you do yourself as an INTJ to help facillitate better relations with your NTP brethren?

If reincarnation was possible what would you want to come back as?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I don't like ENTPs because they are often extremely opportunistic and they are happy to lie, cheat and promise things they are never going to deliver and wrangle other people into doing what they want to get what they want often without the other party having any wish to do so. There is then a pleasant socialite veneer used to make it all seem 'okay' and why is it everyone else complaining when it is clearly their problem?

ENTPs most often have vertical shoulders.

Entropy is a universal constant; however what you require to mitigate this is love. Whether you either wish to, or can find it is an entirely different matter.

ENTP's are very flexible and forgiving when it comes to others making an error if they're your boss. They are also one of the most upfront types when it comes to dealing with a problem/situation they usually say what's on their mind directly + they don't hold grudges for very long time unlike XNTJ bosses.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTP's are very flexible and forgiving when it comes to others making an error if they're your boss. They are also one of the most upfront types when it comes to dealing with a problem/situation they usually say what's on their mind directly + they don't hold grudges for very long time unlike XNTJ bosses.

I think you should start an "Ask Jix Anything" thread.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think you should start an "Ask Jix Anything" thread.

I would but seeing how these threads are, everyone want's some kind of deep "insightful" answer, when I would just give you the most sensible common sense one. N vs S.

:D

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:thelook: Perhaps not to you on the harshness... but to a tender INFP they are. :puppy_dog_eyes:

Oh, my happy medium question was too ambiguous, I am sorry.

What I meant to say is: What could you do yourself as an INTJ to help facillitate better relations with your NTP brethren?

If reincarnation was possible what would you want to come back as?

There is very little I could do other than lower my standards.

I would come back as a kitty.

Cool story bro. This my careface -> :|

As a colleague once put it regarding ENTP managing director vs ESTP salesguy, 'At least ESTP salesguy screws you upfront instead of raping you, so it's consensual.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would but seeing how these threads are, everyone want's some kind of deep "insightful" answer, when I would just give you the most sensible common sense one. N vs S.

:D

The world needs that. People need to hear your voice. I hereby nominate you. :harley:

jixmixfix

Permabanned

As a colleague once put it regarding ENTP managing director vs ESTP salesguy, 'At least ESTP salesguy screws you upfront instead of raping you, so it's consensual.

Somebody's a little butt hurt.:newwink:

A

Anew Leaf

What would you like your name to be if you were a kitty?

In regards to your standards. How much flexibility do you allow for others to meet your standards? How much flexibility do you allow for yourself as you respond to how other people operate?

Based on what you said about some XNTP bosses that you have had... Would you consider the following statement to be true? "XNTJs care more about the end result then how someone got there." Conversely, "XNTPs care more about the method than the end result."

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What would you like your name to be if you were a kitty?

In regards to your standards. How much flexibility do you allow for others to meet your standards? How much flexibility do you allow for yourself as you respond to how other people operate?

Based on what you said about some XNTP bosses that you have had... Would you consider the following statement to be true? "XNTJs care more about the end result then how someone got there." Conversely, "XNTPs care more about the method than the end result."

I'll leave that up to the owner. Otherwise I would be Chairman Meow.

Very little, but my standards are averages, not 'you fail once you die!' type.

That depends, xNTJs are often happier working with a plan whereas xNTPs go in all directions.

Somebody's a little butt hurt.:newwink:

Said Mr. YouMakeMeCwiBecauseYouNoLikeMe IComeCryAtYou AndTellYouWhat2Think!!!!!!! :(

I wonder what the max character limit is for usernames since a minimum of 2 is 'community damaging'.

Jim fixed it for you. ;) ;)

A

Anew Leaf

That depends, xNTJs are often happier working with a plan whereas xNTPs go in all directions.

Said Mr. YouMakeMeCwiBecauseYouNoLikeMe IComeCryAtYou!!!!! :( ;) ;)

Jim fixed it for you.

Chairman Meow! :wubbie: I would totally buy you the best kitty food and brush your coat every day.

How much patience do you have with people? If someone is slow to grasp concepts will you eventually reach a point of "I am done"? or will you be ok with helping them so long as they are making an effort and trying?

What are the attributes that XNTPs bring to the table that you DO appreciate?

What are three ways that someone of any type can win you over in a work environment?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Chairman Meow! :wubbie: I would totally buy you the best kitty food and brush your coat every day.

How much patience do you have with people? If someone is slow to grasp concepts will you eventually reach a point of "I am done"? or will you be ok with helping them so long as they are making an effort and trying?

What are the attributes that XNTPs bring to the table that you DO appreciate?

What are three ways that someone of any type can win you over in a work environment?

1) I can actually be enormously patient, unless things start to dig into my own time. My coping mechanism is simply to leave and come back later if things get too silly. This does not work in the office.

2) Expand or contract their depth/speed of work based upon the budgets available so I don't have to pick things up and come up with the answer 24x faster because they've spent 1 week thumb-twiddling (INTP) or digging graves that never require digging because they are curious (ENTP).

3) I dunno.

4) The above, do none of these.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Said Mr. YouMakeMeCwiBecauseYouNoLikeMe IComeCryAtYou AndTellYouWhat2Think!!!!!!! :(

I wonder what the max character limit is for usernames since a minimum of 2 is 'community damaging'.

Jim fixed it for you. ;) ;)
:thinking::shrug:

A

Anew Leaf

1) I can actually be enormously patient, unless things start to dig into my own time. My coping mechanism is simply to leave and come back later if things get too silly. This does not work in the office.

2) Expand or contract their depth/speed of work based upon the budgets available so I don't have to pick things up and come up with the answer 24x faster because they've spent 1 week thumb-twiddling (INTP) or digging graves that never require digging because they are curious (ENTP).

3) I dunno.

4) The above, do none of these.

Interesting!

1- what kind of work situations have you had? Academic?
2- what you discover you are wrong about something, how do you react?
3- do you think our bodies were once part of stars?
4- would you want to: live regular years, live 100 years, 1000 years, or forever?

Have a good day! :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Interesting!

1- what kind of work situations have you had? Academic?
2- what you discover you are wrong about something, how do you react?
3- do you think our bodies were once part of stars?
4- would you want to: live regular years, live 100 years, 1000 years, or forever?

Have a good day! :)

1) Could you define more accurately what you mean by 'situations'?
2) I apologize and fess up. It happens more often than I would like but less often than I admit.
3) Yes, everything heavier than hydrogen has been through a fusion process.
4) As long as I can stay independent, mobile and I get you out of life, after that I'm happy enough for life to end. I have very little fear of death, it doesn't intimidate me.

A

Anew Leaf

1) Could you define more accurately what you mean by 'situations'?
2) I apologize and fess up. It happens more often than I would like but less often than I admit.
3) Yes, everything heavier than hydrogen has been through a fusion process.
4) As long as I can stay independent, mobile and I get you out of life, after that I'm happy enough for life to end. I have very little fear of death, it doesn't intimidate me.

Situations: what is your work experience?

Re 3- yay!!

4- what do you think happens after death?
5- why do you think people fear death?
6- what star did we come from?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Situations: what is your work experience?

Re 3- yay!!

4- what do you think happens after death?
5- why do you think people fear death?
6- what star did we come from?

I'm an oil and gas consultant, I do economics, process/facilities and subsea engineering design for new developments mostly, I did a degree in chemical engineering.
4) I have no idea
5) Because they fear that after death is final.
6) It is very likely we have been through quite a few.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My professional experience has been the exact opposite, so I don't even understand why you're making these connections... but you're right, this is your thread. Sorry.

Here's your evidence. LINK

Apology accepted.

Replies not required nor is your presence in my thread unless you have moderating business to attend to which I have no faith will be done properly. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.