• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1:
okayguy.jpg
Okay.

I'm sorry :(

okayguy.jpg

I will try harder in future.

How many times a week, do you touch yourself inappropriately?

Zounds.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) Are you emotionally affected when around children or animals?

2) Do you believe its likely that the locus of consciousness exists outside the body?

3) Do you believe ENFP's are the best long term pairing for INTJ?

4) What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

5) What is your favorite thing to cook?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1) Are you emotionally affected when around children or animals?

2) Do you believe its likely that the locus of consciousness exists outside the body?

3) Do you believe ENFP's are the best long term pairing for INTJ?

4) What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

5) What is your favorite thing to cook?

1) Possibly.
2) Yes, but also no, I'm not sure if you mean 'non-corporeal' in which case no
3) Yes, but ENFPs don't see that when they are young, perhaps even only in the long term.
4) Rum and I like cider too!
5) I haven't cooked in 3 years. Ummmm.... super noodles? A ham sandwich? :( *shuffles awkwardly*

Last edited:
R

ReflecTcelfeR

If you are unsure what the question you are asking actually is then it is usually best to engage brain and disengage vocal chords until the question has matured like a fine wine.

Would this also be a reason you would dislike ENTP's more than ENFP's, if you do; because ENFP's and ENTP's both gather the information by not disconnecting from the thought and just keep sputtering ideas until they find the source, but the fact that ENFP's don't try to color it with niceties because of their tertiary Te, and an ENTP would, makes the ENFP more attractive to you than ENTP's because of Fe? If the ENTP were to simply use Ti to talk with you instead of Fe would you appreciate that more?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Dear Jim,

I feel like, after resisting for 31 years, I might finally succumb to becoming bitter and mean. How would one prevent this?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Would this also be a reason you would dislike ENTP's more than ENFP's, if you do; because ENFP's and ENTP's both gather the information by not disconnecting from the thought and just keep sputtering ideas until they find the source, but the fact that ENFP's don't try to color it with niceties because of their tertiary Te, and an ENTP would, makes the ENFP more attractive to you than ENTP's because of Fe? If the ENTP were to simply use Ti to talk with you instead of Fe would you appreciate that more?

I don't like ENTPs because they are often extremely opportunistic and they are happy to lie, cheat and promise things they are never going to deliver and wrangle other people into doing what they want to get what they want often without the other party having any wish to do so. There is then a pleasant socialite veneer used to make it all seem 'okay' and why is it everyone else complaining when it is clearly their problem?

ENTPs most often have vertical shoulders.

I feel like, after resisting for 31 years, I might finally succumb to becoming bitter and mean. How would one prevent this?

Entropy is a universal constant; however what you require to mitigate this is love. Whether you either wish to, or can find it is an entirely different matter.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In your experience what makes INTJ's better businessmen, colleagues, managers, and friends than INTP's?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In your experience what makes INTJ's better businessmen, colleagues, managers, and friends than INTP's?

In addition to identifying a goal, they map out how you get there.

Working with xNTP bosses is borderline hell, you spend about 2 weeks working on something only to have it dumped because it was totally wrong for the activity or just completely irrelevant. The second problem is that they demand that it is done explicitly in their way even when the answer is the same. xNTJs have never sent me to perform tasks where they didn't tell me what they wanted me to do and if necessary hints on how to do it whilst giving creative freedom.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The second problem is that they demand that it is done explicitly in their way even when the answer is the same.

I don't think that's an NTP quality, that's just bad management.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
You new avatar made me "WTF" for a sec. But I like it.

Are you the orange balloon, the blue balloon, or DARE I ASK, the pink balloon?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
You new avatar made me "WTF" for a sec. But I like it.

Are you the orange balloon, the blue balloon, or DARE I ASK, the pink balloon?

Orange balloon is Neutral Jim.
Blue balloon is Bad Jim.
Pink balloon is Good Jim.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What you might think is not relevant in context.

My professional experience has been the exact opposite, so I don't even understand why you're making these connections... but you're right, this is your thread. Sorry.

A

Anew Leaf

1) Possibly.
2) Yes, but also no, I'm not sure if you mean 'non-corporeal' in which case no
3) Yes, but ENFPs don't see that when they are young, perhaps even only in the long term.
4) Rum and I like cider too!
5) I haven't cooked in 3 years. Ummmm.... super noodles? A ham sandwich? :( *shuffles awkwardly*

In regards to #3, are you also suggesting that the best pairing for an INFP is..... An ENTJ? :(. ENTJs don't like me!

In regards to your dislike of XNTPs. I can appreciate feeling irritated with a type that is "close" to yours but "alien" at the same time. (it is occasionally how I think about XNFJs.) however, I have also experienced some fantastic connections and collaborations with XNFJs. Have you ever experienced something like that?

Is there a happy medium between your method of doing things and the XNTP way for both of you to achieve what you want with less antagonism?

(hopefully, I am not coming across as rude. :))

What are questions you would like to be asked in this thread?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In regards to #3, are you also suggesting that the best pairing for an INFP is..... An ENTJ? :(. ENTJs don't like me!

In regards to your dislike of XNTPs. I can appreciate feeling irritated with a type that is "close" to yours but "alien" at the same time. (it is occasionally how I think about XNFJs.) however, I have also experienced some fantastic connections and collaborations with XNFJs. Have you ever experienced something like that?

Is there a happy medium between your method of doing things and the XNTP way for both of you to achieve what you want with less antagonism?

(hopefully, I am not coming across as rude. :))

What are questions you would like to be asked in this thread?

Believe it or not I think ENTJs go est with INTPs or *drumroll* ENFJs, they also would be much happier with SFJs than INTJs are don't ask why though. Just a hunch.

INFPs actually go fantastically well with ISTJs or INTJs.

There is; it's called work independently or through a medium that can understand both mechanisms.

If I new what questions I wanted to ask myself why would I have made a thread? *taps nose*

Status
Not open for further replies.