• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Dude, you are good.:D

Mind-blown-e1302219668581.jpg

A

Anew Leaf

Dear Ask Jim,

Does an emoticon such as :bunnyd: still dance if no one is looking at the post where it's dancing?

P.S. I am 100% serious on this question, despite how bizarre it comes across.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Dear Invisible Jim,

What do you think the probability is that you are an ISTJ, rather than an INTJ? What supporting points would you provide to argue for each choice?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Dear Ask Jim,

Does an emoticon such as :bunnyd: still dance if no one is looking at the post where it's dancing?

P.S. I am 100% serious on this question, despite how bizarre it comes across.

The answer is no. Processing by a computer is required to make the bunny dance. If the bunny is in storage it is static.

Dear Jim,

Why did you decide against getting a PhD?

Due to my tiredness with education after achieving my Masters at 23 I decided I would not get much out of a PhD program either for myself or indeed in future advantage. Now I would say the PhD would have to be highly relevant to my interests if I was going to take it.

Dear Invisible Jim,

What do you think the probability is that you are an ISTJ, rather than an INTJ? What supporting points would you provide to argue for each choice?

10% because these activities are not accurate by nature. I classify myself as INTJ based upon very strong sensory anima/inferior reactions. I also have a very weak ability to process sensory input that is right in front of me, practically to the point of being blind.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
What are you thoughts on wearing socks with sandals?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dear Invisible Jim,

10% because these activities are not accurate by nature. I classify myself as INTJ based upon very strong sensory anima/inferior reactions. I also have a very weak ability to process sensory input that is right in front of me, practically to the point of being blind.

Does 10% seem like an arbitrary number to you? Couldn't your answer just as likely have been: "12.78% because these activities are not accurate by nature"?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just interested in your thoughts on such matters.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What are you thoughts on wearing socks with sandals?

I don't wear sandals... I guess it depends on the heat; I usually prefer to be bearfoot in the heat.

Does 10% seem like an arbitrary number to you? Couldn't your answer just as likely have been: "12.78% because these activities are not accurate by nature"?
I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just interested in your thoughts on such matters.

Answer: Yes, it is arbritary, also who cares about something that isn't relevant to actually making the decision? That's called wasting time.

As someone who works in justifying the economics of projects in occasion its a simple case of working out that it is the best option for most, if not all cases. 10% or 12.78% is as irrelevant in this context as it is to cognition.

Why do you want to change your username from InvisibleJim to IJ?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why do you want to change your username from InvisibleJim to IJ?

Because it is visually elegant. It also has its own special symbol in dutch which shows an intriguing link with the English language...

800px-IJ_%28letter%29.svg.png

You can see how interesting it is to find yo-ghurt is actually ij-oghur-ij historically.

The other link to great y is from the Norwegian thorn which is one of my favourite symbols.

300px-Latin_letter_%C3%9E%C3%BE.svg.png

Sky is technically sk-th as thorn is for most purposes 'th'.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jim, how do we keep a woman happy?

Pretty pictures go here.

I see. The most I came up with was "...I suppose it looks like the two right prongs of the psi or a slanty box to keep stuff in" but I like your explanation more.

The subvocalisation is less fun though. :cry:

Do you subvocalise do you read? If so, how many different voices can you hear in your head and what are they like?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Do you subvocalise do you read? If so, how many different voices can you hear in your head and what are they like?

I subvocalise and I also read.

I can only hear 1 voice in my head. I can make it do other voices, but it's still my coherent voice.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?

You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because it is visually elegant. It also has its own special symbol in dutch which shows an intriguing link with the English language...

800px-IJ_%28letter%29.svg.png

You can see how interesting it is to find yo-ghurt is actually ij-oghur-ij historically.

The other link to great y is from the Norwegian thorn which is one of my favourite symbols.

300px-Latin_letter_%C3%9E%C3%BE.svg.png

Sky is technically sk-th as thorn is for most purposes 'th'.

1. Why are you obsessing over my native tongue?

2. Do you even know what that word means?

3. Did it occur to you that you could use Nijntje's nick for this demo?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1. Why are you obsessing over my native tongue?

2. Do you even know what that word means?

3. Did it occur to you that you could use Nijntje's nick for this demo?

1) A passing daliance does not an obsession make
2) Iceless, ice-free, aka ice-cream without the ice, or cream.
3) No, I just pulled the image out of wikipedia.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sex and agree with everything, unless they intend for you not to agree.

That's a great theory, but when the man "agrees with everything", I've seen it happen where the woman then thinks, "He's a doormat. He has no spine. I need a man who will stand up to me, who is more challenging." What say you to that? Is there a "middle ground", where the man should be equal parts "firm in his stance" and equal parts "agreeable"?

Also, do you think you'd enjoy working in a little 8 x 10 foot shack where people can drive up and have you make copies of keys for them with one of those key making machines? In other words, sitting in a small hut in a grocery store parking lot, putting your feet up and reading several newspapers, listening to the radio, and just making a few keys per day? Would this be "living the good life" or "an INTJ nightmare"?

Status
Not open for further replies.