• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anew Leaf

Dear Ask Jim,

Thanks for the answers to many of my life's most important questions. I have some more for you today.

Were you ever confused as to what type you are?

How much of your personal interaction with others devoted to holding back what you say to them?

What is the most annoying attribute of online forums?

And which method of arriving to work appeals the most to you: from a pegasus, a hovercraft, or a jetpack.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Were you ever confused as to what type you are?
InvisibleJim said:
I have never been confused in my life. Confusion is a weakness of the non INTJ.

How much of your personal interaction with others is devoted to holding back what you say to them?
InvisibleJim said:
Fixed. Every time I speak to a non INTJ I must expend energy dumbing down what I say so that their pea-brains don't explode trying to comprehend that which is beyond their comprehension. I withhold only what is in their best interest.

What is the most annoying attribute of online forums?
InvisibleJim said:
That the people who frequent them are too stupid to recognize and appreciate true greatness when they see it.

And which method of arriving to work appeals the most to you: from a pegasus, a hovercraft, or a jetpack.
InvisibleJim said:
I prefer the pegasus, but only if it is an ENFP. I do enjoy riding those ENFPs.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
To Jim Anything:

Why make you qualified to answer questions?

Answer: That is up to individuals asking the question to work out if they want to hear my response. You are looking at the problem too simply.

I saw a person today wearing a tshirt that said "Save the Rainbows".

How do you think this could be achieved?

Large water cannons!

Dear Ask Jim,

Thanks for the answers to many of my life's most important questions. I have some more for you today.

1) Were you ever confused as to what type you are?
2)How much of your personal interaction with others devoted to holding back what you say to them?
3) What is the most annoying attribute of online forums?
4) And which method of arriving to work appeals the most to you: from a pegasus, a hovercraft, or a jetpack.

1) Nope, but I admit that I have difficulty deriving the tangible observable cognitive difference between Si and Ni therefore although I am slightly more confident of INTJ than ISTJ I can understand how people get very confused about these two types. If I was neither of these types my next most likely would be INFP.
2) In real life approximately 90%, on the forum 50%, hence bad Jim. You have no idea how many threads I simply walk out of after reading 3 or 4 posts.
3) Cronyism
4) Teleporter! Better yet, work from home!

InvisibleJim said:
I prefer the pegasus, but only if it is an ENFP. I do enjoy riding those ENFPs.

If ever there was a type I really do enjoy riding; it would most definitely be ENFP.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How would I go about getting a one-armed INTJ out of a tree?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think INFPs are often mistyped? Curious.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How would I go about getting a one-armed INTJ out of a tree?

There are several ways; if safety is no object just chop the tree down, if safety is required set up a harness system to do so.

Why do you think INFPs are often mistyped? Curious.

Because 50% of the INFPs on websites such as PerC do not display any Ne at all. This is expansive idea challenging is a key component of both NFP mindsets. Most are SFPs but some are badly psychologically scarred SxJs.

It should be noted, that although I have stated this, I have also (even today) stuck up for people who are or claim to be INFP when I've saw them in a corner and panicing. I've also offered significant and often material support for those who claim INFP type. Although frequently I wish they could help themselves better I understand that it takes patience to teach someone to gradually learn how to solve problems in their life.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Invisible Jim,
you make it sound as though, INFPs are incapable of solving their own problems! Or Am I reading out of context? I do agree with you to a certain extent about the mistyping though.
Is it weird that I find the cadence of INTJ speak like a soothing balm? I'm sure this is a NFP thing.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Invisible Jim,
you make it sound as though, INFPs are incapable of solving their own problems! Or Am I reading out of context? I do agree with you to a certain extent about the mistyping though.
Is it weird that I find the cadence of INTJ speak like a soothing balm? I'm sure this is a NFP thing.

Not at all, infact INFPs are exclusively capable of solving their own problems. Attempting to solve a problem for an NFP is the equivalent of herding cats. What they do need occasionally however is support to move back from the world and generate space so they can think and come to a 'whole' conclusion; this is an Ne problem that they share with all other Ne users; their needs however are emotional to do so and thus they need to be supported emotionally.

NTJ and NFP speech patterns are very sexually and enjoyable to one another. Unfortunately I've found that NFPs often hide their internal monologue because of social reasons and this is the method of the NFP that NTJs love more than anything else. The speech patterns from NTJs are just that; the internal monologue, both xNTJs are very uncompromising in this.

A

Anew Leaf

Not at all, infact INFPs are exclusively capable of solving their own problems. Attempting to solve a problem for an NFP is the equivalent of herding cats. What they do need occasionally however is support to move back from the world and generate space so they can think and come to a 'whole' conclusion; this is an Ne problem that they share with all other Ne users; their needs however are emotional to do so and thus they need to be supported emotionally.

NTJ and NFP speech patterns are very sexually and enjoyable to one another. Unfortunately I've found that NFPs often hide their internal monologue because of social reasons and this is the method of the NFP that NTJs love more than anything else. The speech patterns from NTJs are just that; the internal monologue, both xNTJs are very uncompromising in this.

Very accurate. Every now and again I need someone to help me step back from the situation and reassess what's going on. Then I'm ready to dive back in to figure it out for myself. It's like I've dived into some large body of water and I occasionally need to come up for air and be told, um you're dog paddling just south of New Zealand....

And I lol'd about the speech patterns. I find INTJs intriguing but ENTJs scare me. I'm forever surprised that ENTJs I meet actually like me and enjoy my company. They always come off so..... Not pleased with me.

Ask Jim: if I wanted to save an endangered species, should I? And how would I go about doing it. The species I am thinking of is great white shark.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Ask Jim: if I wanted to save an endangered species, should I? And how would I go about doing it. The species I am thinking of is great white shark.

You need to add economic value to that species therefore providing a true economic interest in their survival.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What type of computer do you like to use?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's the point of life, Jim? Enlight us with your wisdom.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why achieve when in the end it makes no real difference?

You don't need to make a difference in the end; you only need to make a difference now and in the short term. Compound interest is the most powerful force in the world. Your achievement today can be the catalyst for greater achievement. Eventually who knows, that tiny little achievement might be the catalyst for something even... permanent? :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't need to make a difference in the end; you only need to make a difference now and in the short term. Compound interest is the most powerful force in the world. Your achievement today can be the catalyst for greater achievement. Eventually who knows, that tiny little achievement might be the catalyst for something even... permanent? :)
Dude, you are good.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.