• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ginkgo

We've developed a cure for chronic masturbation - more chronic masturbation.

Any words on this matter?

A

Anew Leaf

INFPs
Pros - Generally honest, know what they want, have strong viewpoints.
Cons - Often mistyped and not INFP, can often not agree to disagree.
I don't think people should change anything if they do not wish to do so.

It's easy not to end a sentence with preposition or question, it's not ending it in a postposition or a question that is tricky.
Myglobin cells turn brown by oxidising. They have a lot of iron in them. White meat does not have as much myglobin hence it is not so red before cooking and does not turn brown afterwards.

Human meat is white/yellow.

Good. Good is defined as honest with yourself and others. I don't have time for most people who claim they are good and then discover some time later that they can easily gel their past dishonesty with them still being 'good' as they suddenly change what they wish or require because they have found better or for their own convenience. This is a particular problem with ENFPs. If you can follow that definition of honesty then you are also trustworthy. This is an important attribute. I would rather someone is honest and tells me the truth than is playing a tune or covering up what they think for short term benefit every time.

I drink alcohol occasionally (very occasionally)

Hoisted by own petard!

Also, thanks for answering the mystery of the meat question. I suspected it was due to something oxidizing. The human "meat" portion was kind of, um, yeah.

Moving on....

Dear Ask Jim,

Why is sunscreen white?

If you had an opportunity to go into space would you do it?

What is your favorite type of star?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Not more like pork?

Doubtful, although perhaps in the case of some very fat humans; yes!

We've developed a cure for chronic masturbation - more chronic masturbation.

Any words on this matter?

Not really.

Hoisted by own petard!

Also, thanks for answering the mystery of the meat question. I suspected it was due to something oxidizing. The human "meat" portion was kind of, um, yeah.

Moving on....

Dear Ask Jim,

Why is sunscreen white?

If you had an opportunity to go into space would you do it?

What is your favorite type of star?

Much in the same way that the white parts of the planet reflect almost all of the sun (see the reflectivity index of he ice caps) much is the same for oils applied to protect our skin. Note that the same process for cooking meet applys to the skin; hence why you tan.

I would go into space.

My favorite type of star would be T-tauri stars

TTauri-250x200.jpg
They've got it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
here is something more technical if you feel like answering. i'd ask in the original thread but i'd be necro'ing it, probably just better here.

you said:
Therefore, dominant Ni users view intrapersonal thinking and blocking out external stimulus as the preferred opportunity available to them. If they they feel they wish to make friends or express love to another they will do so by interacting via. their secondary external aspect while dotting it with key iconic themes that their Ni prefers.

example please?

NJ friend of mine and i have very different understandings of personal space i think. i always worry something is wrong when she withdraws. this usually seems to be not true. how do i differentiate withdrawing from knowing when something is wrong in a relationship - romantic or not - with an NJ? at least with an INTJ such as yourself.

thank you :)

also, why erotic fatigue? it makes me think this:

images

with one less s.

A

Anew Leaf

Doubtful, although perhaps in the case of some very fat humans; yes!

Not really.

Much in the same way that the white parts of the planet reflect almost all of the sun (see the reflectivity index of he ice caps) much is the same for oils applied to protect our skin. Note that the same process for cooking meet applys to the skin; hence why you tan.

I would go into space.

My favorite type of star would be T-tauri stars

TTauri-250x200.jpg
They've got it.

Excellent answer. Most informative. Especially the part about the star. I am partial to Neutron stars myself. And my birthday is coming up.... Just sayin'.

Dear Ask Jim,

Do you believe in an End to this world? (You can take this as you like it... either as the end of the human race or the end of our planet before our star turns into a red giant.)

Do you obey the laws of thermodynamics when no one is looking?

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

Do you enjoy Ne-users input on matters? Do they exhaust you after a fashion?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
here is something more technical if you feel like answering. i'd ask in the original thread but i'd be necro'ing it, probably just better here.

example please?

NJ friend of mine and i have very different understandings of personal space i think. i always worry something is wrong when she withdraws. this usually seems to be not true. how do i differentiate withdrawing from knowing when something is wrong in a relationship - romantic or not - with an NJ? at least with an INTJ such as yourself.

thank you :)

also, why erotic fatigue? it makes me think this:

images

with one less s.

Example: Upon seeing someone being hurt and upset the first instinct will be to give space, not to probe with queries and to try to make it right.

Regarding the friend: You ask! Have you noticed yet that TJs are quite direct with facts?

Erotic fatigue was a phrase coined by Elfboy. It has opened up a whole new understanding of the world for me.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I've always thought it would be fun to raise a clone of myself; perhaps even a clone of myself where the Y chromosome is replaced with a duplicate of the X, thus making the clone a female version of myself. Would doing something like this be of interest to you? Do you want to have children someday?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I've always thought it would be fun to raise a clone of myself; perhaps even a clone of myself where the Y chromosome is replaced with a duplicate of the X, thus making the clone a female version of myself. Would doing something like this be of interest to you? Do you want to have children someday?

Yes and yes, although I have in the past been willing to not be worried about partners who have no intention of breeding again or who are incapable of sprogging.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As a follow up, if you were going to cook human meat, how would you prepare it? Sautee? Bake? Deep fry? Boil?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Example: Upon seeing someone being hurt and upset the first instinct will be to give space, not to probe with queries and to try to make it right.

ah. good to know. thank you.

Regarding the friend: You ask! Have you noticed yet that TJs are quite direct with facts?

:laugh:! fair point.

friend is NFJ unfortunately. he plays the you're-not-supposed-to-ask game. :doh:

Erotic fatigue was a phrase coined by Elfboy. It has opened up a whole new understanding of the world for me.

:laugh:

sculpting

Jim.

What is the best tool to use to open those dumb pseudo shrink wrapped plastic molded packages that kid's toys come in when you are driving down the road in your car? i have tried teeth, keys, butter knifes and toe nail clippers. Any other suggestions?

Also, what do you want to be when you grow up? (At first I wanted to be a scientist, but as of late I have decided to be a dragon.)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Excellent answer. Most informative. Especially the part about the star. I am partial to Neutron stars myself. And my birthday is coming up.... Just sayin'.

Dear Ask Jim,

Do you believe in an End to this world? (You can take this as you like it... either as the end of the human race or the end of our planet before our star turns into a red giant.)

Do you obey the laws of thermodynamics when no one is looking?

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

Do you enjoy Ne-users input on matters? Do they exhaust you after a fashion?

Yes to the death of the human race by gambling statistically, no to the end of our planet before our star turns into a red giant, also by gambling statistically.

I have been known to break the third law of thermodynamics and turn into a perpetual motion machine.

Yes I do, but also yes. I can be quite offensive to Ne users

As a follow up, if you were going to cook human meat, how would you prepare it? Sautee? Bake? Deep fry? Boil?

Deep fry! MMMMmmm yummy. With ketchup.

friend is NFJ unfortunately. he plays the you're-not-supposed-to-ask game. :doh:

Ouchie, this is why I do not recommend making friends with INFJs. If you wish to stay friends avoid the problem altogether, otherwise resolve the problem and have narky narky INFJ business which can go either way.

Jim.

What is the best tool to use to open those dumb pseudo shrink wrapped plastic molded packages that kid's toys come in when you are driving down the road in your car? i have tried teeth, keys, butter knifes and toe nail clippers. Any other suggestions?

Also, what do you want to be when you grow up? (At first I wanted to be a scientist, but as of late I have decided to be a dragon.)

First, you should stop the car also the optimum tool for this incredibly awful task is scissors. The availability of scissors is dubious; I recommend stopping at a petrol station and asking the cashier if they have scissors. This resolves both issues and you can reward yourself with a bar of chocolate for safely winning against the plastic mold monster.

I wanted to be a wizard; I'll have to settle for engineer.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Dear Jim

If space had a taste, what do you think it would taste like?

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
space supposedly smells smokey and metallic, so it's possible it tastes like something as well.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
To Jim Anything:

Why make you qualified to answer questions?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, since his name is Jim and not Frank (or something else), it definitely gives him credibility in the "Ask Jim" thread more than about 98% of the rest of the forum.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Space does have a taste, it tastes of raspberries. Or at least it does in certain places.

Dear Jim (and Gish). Thank you!!

I saw a person today wearing a tshirt that said "Save the Rainbows".

How do you think this could be achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.