User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Anew Leaf

Dear Ask Jim,

Who do you like more INFPs or INTPs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    That's a great theory, but when the man "agrees with everything", I've seen it happen where the woman then thinks, "He's a doormat. He has no spine. I need a man who will stand up to me, who is more challenging." What say you to that? Is there a "middle ground", where the man should be equal parts "firm in his stance" and equal parts "agreeable"?
    Did you read the second part of the sentence?

Also, do you think you'd enjoy working in a little 8 x 10 foot shack where people can drive up and have you make copies of keys for them with one of those key making machines? In other words, sitting in a small hut in a grocery store parking lot, putting your feet up and reading several newspapers, listening to the radio, and just making a few keys per day? Would this be "living the good life" or "an INTJ nightmare"?
    Depends if I could keep a suitable amount of entertainment available and also if the pay was sufficient. No job too small, no rate too high. If you wanted loyalty buy a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Dear Ask Jim,

Who do you like more INFPs or INTPs?

INFPs. That's not even a contest.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.
    Do you think a lot of INTJs on this board are not INTJ?

What things could an INTP do to better himself in your INTJ eyes?

Do you think a lot of people are mistyped in general on the boards?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Do you think a lot of INTJs on this board are not INTJ?

What things could an INTP do to better himself in your INTJ eyes?

Do you think a lot of people are mistyped in general on the boards?
    The older INTJs on this board are INTJ. ISTJ is a tolerant error to make and therefore is excusable The newer ones are generally ISFP or ISTP. The obviousness is what compels chagrin.

Speak less, listen more. I naturally provide breaks in my speech to allow others the time to think and voice their own viewpoint as a matter of course. INTPs do not do this, especially when they decide to talk over people... on and on... with... the... same... point... because... we... didn't... hear... you... the.... first... 9000000... times... blah... blah...

On some boards more than others, yes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh yeah I totally think that new guy is ISTP.

Sooooo....did you make that avatar yourself, or did you find it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh yeah I totally think that new guy is ISTP.

Sooooo....did you make that avatar yourself, or did you find it?
    Bon appetit.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8"]Cat's with Thumbs.[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Re: INTP's

Speak less, listen more. I naturally provide breaks in my speech to allow others the time to think and voice their own viewpoint as a matter of course. INTPs do not do this, especially when they decide to talk over people... on and on... with... the... same... point... because... we... didn't... hear... you... the.... first... 9000000... times... blah... blah...
    Jim, if I'm honest with myself (which I try to be), I have seen this in myself. I do this sometimes. It's a blind spot of mine. But, my question is basically, have you no mercy? I mean, I could provide a paragraph on the things I dislike about INTJ's, however, I choose to not hold the grudge. I still try to find the common ground and have intellectual conversations with them and basically to not hate them or "check them off my list as morons". Where's the love, Jim, for your INT brethren?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

Jim, if I'm honest with myself (which I try to be), I have seen this in myself. I do this sometimes. It's a blind spot of mine. But, my question is basically, have you no mercy? I mean, I could provide a paragraph on the things I dislike about INTJ's, however, I choose to not hold the grudge. I still try to find the common ground and have intellectual conversations with them and basically to not hate them or "check them off my list as morons". Where's the love, Jim, for your INT brethren?
    You make the classical-circular Fe error, you assume that 'just because' standards can be lowered means that they 'should' be lowered; it shows a lack of understand what you actually want from life.

Some people I like and some people I don't. Some of these people I like are even INTPs. However, on the whole it's natter natter natter natter.. then nothing.

I am incredibly selective with the people who I spend time with and who I spend time with is re-evaluated on a going basis based not upon what they say, but upon what they do. If all they do is talk but fail to ultimately observe and adjust and end up doing nothing then I very quickly lose any incentive to interact with them.

My love is not only love, it is taken very, very seriously indeed. When I commit to friends and aquaintances I take my obligations very seriously and therefore I am very careful in maintaining an outcome that is worth the effort expended.

Regarding your true complaint which is 'y u zo meanz ?': You did ask. Don't ask a question if you won't like the answer, masochist!

What do you see as the core difference between isfp and istp? And, how long have you been into typology?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You make the classical-circular Fe error, you assume that 'just because' standards can be lowered means that they 'should' be lowered; it shows a lack of understand what you actually want from life.

Some people I like and some people I don't. Some of these people I like are even INTPs. However, on the whole it's natter natter natter natter.. then nothing.

I am incredibly selective with the people who I spend time with and who I spend time with is re-evaluated on a going basis based not upon what they say, but upon what they do. If all they do is talk but fail to ultimately observe and adjust and end up doing nothing then I very quickly lose any incentive to interact with them.

My love is not only love, it is taken very, very seriously indeed. When I commit to friends and aquaintances I take my obligations very seriously and therefore I am very careful in maintaining an outcome that is worth the effort expended.
    Cool. Thanks for the insight. Probably my last question, at least for today: I work in an environment that if infested with INTJ's. Academic environment. Knowing yourself and knowing the INTJ personality, what would be some positives and negatives of having a ton of INTJ's crammed in the same building? What would be really good about that building and what would that building maybe be lacking or what things might it have an excess of?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay