User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 507

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Why do you want to change your username from InvisibleJim to IJ?
    Because it is visually elegant. It also has its own special symbol in dutch which shows an intriguing link with the English language...



    You can see how interesting it is to find yo-ghurt is actually ij-oghur-ij historically.

    The other link to great y is from the Norwegian thorn which is one of my favourite symbols.



    Sky is technically sk-th as thorn is for most purposes 'th'.

  2. #72
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Jim, how do we keep a woman happy?
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Jim, how do we keep a woman happy?
    Sex and agree with everything, unless they intend for you not to agree.

  4. #74
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Pretty pictures go here.
    I see. The most I came up with was "...I suppose it looks like the two right prongs of the psi or a slanty box to keep stuff in" but I like your explanation more.

    The subvocalisation is less fun though.

    Do you subvocalise do you read? If so, how many different voices can you hear in your head and what are they like?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Do you subvocalise do you read? If so, how many different voices can you hear in your head and what are they like?
    I subvocalise and I also read.

    I can only hear 1 voice in my head. I can make it do other voices, but it's still my coherent voice.

  6. #76
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?
    You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.

  8. #78
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Because it is visually elegant. It also has its own special symbol in dutch which shows an intriguing link with the English language...



    You can see how interesting it is to find yo-ghurt is actually ij-oghur-ij historically.

    The other link to great y is from the Norwegian thorn which is one of my favourite symbols.



    Sky is technically sk-th as thorn is for most purposes 'th'.
    1. Why are you obsessing over my native tongue?

    2. Do you even know what that word means?

    3. Did it occur to you that you could use Nijntje's nick for this demo?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    1. Why are you obsessing over my native tongue?

    2. Do you even know what that word means?

    3. Did it occur to you that you could use Nijntje's nick for this demo?
    1) A passing daliance does not an obsession make
    2) Iceless, ice-free, aka ice-cream without the ice, or cream.
    3) No, I just pulled the image out of wikipedia.

  10. #80
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Sex and agree with everything, unless they intend for you not to agree.
    That's a great theory, but when the man "agrees with everything", I've seen it happen where the woman then thinks, "He's a doormat. He has no spine. I need a man who will stand up to me, who is more challenging." What say you to that? Is there a "middle ground", where the man should be equal parts "firm in his stance" and equal parts "agreeable"?

    Also, do you think you'd enjoy working in a little 8 x 10 foot shack where people can drive up and have you make copies of keys for them with one of those key making machines? In other words, sitting in a small hut in a grocery store parking lot, putting your feet up and reading several newspapers, listening to the radio, and just making a few keys per day? Would this be "living the good life" or "an INTJ nightmare"?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Similar Threads

  1. Ask me anything!
    By MonkeyGrass in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. If you could ask for anything at all this Christmas...
    By iwakar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. I am a female! Ask me anything :)
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. I am a male! Ask me anything!
    By Nillerz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Ask Me Anything
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO