User Tag List

First 364445464748 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Why is it that INTJs have this "Hi I'm a human calculator, please use me" mentality but in terms of attitude it's like irrelevant what happens to others. Is it that you secretly care, but are so uncomfortable with vulnerability that you end up looking at your relationship with humans in general as if you are Batman? Are INTJs really that cool? This is in no means meant to be an insult, it's just an interesting, seemingly contradictory behavior... or is it? Let's ask Jim.
    Yes, we are Batman. Only Batman who keeps locking up the criminals only for them to be let off the next day. We learn not to bother trying to fix things because others will always break them again. We can tell you what you need to know and what you need to do, but you will neither listen to what we have to say, or if you do, you will insist upon doing the opposite. By contrast the ISTJ is the Batman who doesn't care the criminals keep getting let out, thus negating the effort.

Yes, we are really that cool.

It's not an insult, nor is it contradictory.

Banned

@PeaceBaby many people in the past have pointed out that you forcefully attempt to get involved in situations. It appears to be your natural way of dealing with things. Could you share your motivation for this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

*checks thread title* Hey this isn't the "Ask PeaceBaby Anything" thread!

I identify heavily with the role of "mediator". My motivation is to be of service; I am often able to see both sides and be impartial yet empathetic to both. It does make me satisfied if I can be of help and as a result people resolve their conflicts and move past them.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    *checks thread title* Hey this isn't the "Ask PeaceBaby Anything" thread!

I identify heavily with the role of "mediator". My motivation is to be of service; I am often able to see both sides and be impartial yet empathetic to both. It does make me satisfied if I can be of help and as a result people resolve their conflicts and move past them.
    What can you say, I challenge the mold on occasion.

Have you considered that if people are unable to climb the small hill that in carrying them to the top they will be in even more trouble when they have to climb a mountain due to a lack of experience in the smaller problems?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

That's not a rebuttal.

I agree that people need to learn to solve their own issues in order to grow in a myriad of ways. However, there are times when people get stuck on the small hill and can only climb the big mountain after getting some tools and assistance to learn how to ascend the first impasse.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

violaine

Gah, I just think of this song whenever I see your thread in ispy.

Can you feel the pain I'm in? Can I leave it aallll behiiiind?

[YOUTUBE="rmXuTjzfElc"]Oh Jim[/YOUTUBE]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Gah, I just think of this song whenever I see your thread in ispy.
    Very good

MBTI
    FREE

There are several games slated for release later this year (Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Diablo III, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) which I am very much looking forward to. Are you considering purchasing/playing one or more of these games; and are there any other soon-to-be-released games which I should look into?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    There are several games slated for release later this year (Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Diablo III, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) which I am very much looking forward to. Are you considering purchasing/playing one or more of these games; and are there any other soon-to-be-released games which I should look into?
    I will be purchasing and playing all of these games. I am especially looking forward to Mass Effect 3.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hey Jim,

On the topic of video/computer/console gaming (herein referred to as 'games'), what would your 'gaming resume' look like? (I see you said mostly every game since 2000 so I won't feel bad if you don't want to post a complete list. I trust your gaming credentials.)

What are you motivations for playing games?
    With the intention of purchasing and playing this many AAA game titles, how do you prioritize playing games and the rest of your life?
    If not covered by your motivations for playing games, how did you choose this priority?
    I've got a personal resentment for the change in gaming industry from producing 'hardcore' games to 'accessible' games. Do you share any of this resentment? please explain?
    What is your opinion on the change in game interface between ME1 and ME2? What do you hope they will do with ME3?
    I've also got a personal resentment for continuous sequels that add little ex. Command and conquer series, COD franchise and even to an extent my beloved HL series. I feel like that I am just paying for a yearly subscription to a certain developer for my weekly HBO drama. What is your opinion of the 'subscriptionization' of big name titles?
    What do you think about a business concept where fan boys pay a periodic subscription fee to a developer to ensure the longevity of their favorite big name title?
    Would you like to see the state of gaming elevated to a platform on par with other forms of media as art game developers such as Ian Bogost and Johnathan Blow have been preaching? Or are you happy with the current state?
    How well do your friends/family/peers respond to your high interest in gaming? Do you think certain BMITs have a natural disposition to games? If so what types and what do you think it would take to change games to appeal to these untapped audiences?
    Or do you not care about all this industry and game design discussion and just want to shoot some alien's head off?
    Last edited by mavericknm; 07-22-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added/Edited questions after looking back a couple pages in the thread and seeing partial answers