User Tag List

First 324041424344 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Nope, I'm currently working on 3 contracts and I'm staff, not independent.
    Interesting, so that keeps you quite busy then? Is it difficult doing three at once?

Yes, thats pretty old for career building, I'm 26.
    Sorry, I am not explaining this well - he graduated over 20 years ago. It's been a personally frustrating field for him I think.

I turn you back about 20 pages regarding hiding/attempting to change the past. If someone wishes to hide the positive connotations that can be more severe than the negative!
    Post link?

What other things happen on the forum that cause forumers to lose credibility in your eyes? (Without details of course.)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Interesting, so that keeps you quite busy then? Is it difficult doing three at once?

Sorry, I am not explaining this well - he graduated over 20 years ago. It's been a personally frustrating field for him I think.

Post link?

What other things happen on the forum that cause forumers to lose credibility in your eyes? (Without details of course.)
    Stressful/annoying depends on how much time is *really* required on each project which is usually not a fixed quantity. Difficult, no, not difficult at all.

Jim brings the post to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    In regards to how to fall out of favor with an INTJ - what makes the list that may be unusual, if anything? (Not intending to pry into your situation, just in general I am curious.) And by unusual I mean... I think it's safe to say that lying, cheating, etc are on the list...
    The usual applies. It's a dangerous game for INTJs because when you are 'in' we will willingly cross the country to solve a momentary problem and mobilize the army if required, that is easily within our ability if it is proportionate. However, if you have been to that level then you break the premise of it by specifically revealing the past basis and the origin of the friendship to have been lying and cheating etc. that would be the easiest way to earn that sweet spot of hatred and indifference which is designed to make in no clear means known that you are no longer welcome within gunshot distance and the traditional death stare.
    Get involved/take sides in personal squabbles that have no impact on them. The most significant one of those was where I caught someone who is a regular user of the forum here travelling to other forums to harass someone else on behalf of their friend. Massive loss of respect and then you only had to peel back the skin to see the rot inside. Moderation staff are excepted with regards to intervention, unless they are unfair about it, of course, but one doesn't take sides in the debate; one points out the need for fairness in moderation.

Do you make distinctions between casual friends and close friends or do you approach all friendships with the same level of intensity?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Do you make distinctions between casual friends and close friends or do you approach all friendships with the same level of intensity?
    I make those distinctions.

Do people take likings to you and presume that you reciprocate to the same degree? When they start making demands on your time and attention that you are either unable or unwilling to give, how do you tell them to piss off?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Do people take likings to you and presume that you reciprocate to the same degree? When they start making demands on your time and attention that you are either unable or unwilling to give, how do you tell them to piss off?
    This happens. I try to keep them at an appropriate distance; this is difficult if not impossible.

However, this is an almost universal problem; not exclusive to me or any type or anyone!

I've don't tell people to piss off who haven't done something vindictive in my eyes; when I do so it is very clear why I am telling them to piss off.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Stressful/annoying depends on how much time is *really* required on each project which is usually not a fixed quantity. Difficult, no, not difficult at all.
    Do any of your contracts conflict with each other / monopoloze your time?

What to you is the difference between stressful and difficult?

Jim brings the post to you.
    Gracias.

Get involved/take sides in personal squabbles that have no impact on them. The most significant one of those was where I caught someone who is a regular user of the forum here travelling to other forums to harass someone else on behalf of their friend. Massive loss of respect and then you only had to peel back the skin to see the rot inside. Moderation staff are excepted with regards to intervention, unless they are unfair about it, of course, but one doesn't take sides in the debate; one points out the need for fairness in moderation.
    Anything else you can think of?

Would you say fairness is a big part of this on an individual level, and how do you see that impacting the community level?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Do any of your contracts conflict with each other / monopoloze your time?

What to you is the difference between stressful and difficult?

Anything else you can think of?

Would you say fairness is a big part of this on an individual level, and how do you see that impacting the community level?
    Oh yes! Today I was 'theoretically' booking to 3 projects for 8 hours a day each.... hmmm? ORLY. No thanks, 8 hours pls. The problem with my line of work is that you are unpopular then extremely busy. Happy medium is a foreign idea.

Difficult would be technically difficult, stressful would be having to deal with undeliverable promises.

Not really.

I guess it can be and it can do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Sounds like the dr's office triple booking there!

So if fairness is a part of "credibility loss" in your eyes - people aren't fair to each other, aren't honest, don't evenly apply the rules to everyone - what do you think could cause other people to lose credibility in you? Do you feel you do anything that could contribute to this happening (here or anywhere really)?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

This happens. I try to keep them at an appropriate distance; this is difficult if not impossible.

However, this is an almost universal problem; not exclusive to me or any type or anyone!

I've don't tell people to piss off who haven't done something vindictive in my eyes; when I do so it is very clear why I am telling them to piss off.
    I wasn't suggesting that it was a type-specific problem by any means; I was just wondering if you (and perhaps other INTJs) had particular strategies for nipping these situations in the bud before any sort of resentment starts building up.