User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Results 401 to 410 of 507

  1. #401
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Extremely interesting link is extremely interesting. Lessons learnt from the NASA heart* pump?
    I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.
    Indeed, a major pity, especially considering the results of the NASA programs such as the billions of dollars worth of satellites providing direct value to the economy daily never mind the indirect benefits of the scientific knowledge and advances.

  3. #403
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    What was your last job Jim?

    And what would be your ideal next job?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What was your last job Jim?

    And what would be your ideal next job?
    My last job was as a petrol station attendant.

    My ideal next job would be filthy rich playboy.

  5. #405
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

    Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

    Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":



    Or Invisible Jim Crow?

    What does your username represent to you?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

    Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

    Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":



    Or Invisible Jim Crow?

    What does your username represent to you?
    About 5 years, I worked there for about 3.

    My favourite relative is my brother. We INTJ jive together and have very similar likes and dislikes and ways of viewing the world.

    In part yes.

    My username is a way for people to associate my actions and demeanor with me. It is a symbolic lodestone. The actual content and context of the username is unimportant. I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.

  7. #407
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

    What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

    @InvisibleJim
    I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.
    When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

    Is your brother older or younger than you?

    Who was your childhood hero?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

    What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

    @InvisibleJim

    When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

    Is your brother older or younger than you?

    Who was your childhood hero?
    LOL, no, that is my last long term job. I worked in a petrol station for 3 years, then for the 2 years afterwards I worked for during summers as an intern and wrote my thesis which was an industry placement. For the last 3 years after graduation I've been working consulting in the oil and gas industry in the UK and the middle east in numerous roles for the same company.

    Chemical/process engineering isn't that hard, but I guess it is suited to my mindset.

    Yes, because it loses the existing value in that name, it is more tricky when they continually change because they lose credibility.

    My brother is older than me.

    I don't/didn't have a childhood hero.

  9. #409
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

    Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure.

    Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

    Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure.

    Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?
    Nope, I'm currently working on 3 contracts and I'm staff, not independent.

    Yes, thats pretty old for career building, I'm 26.

    I turn you back about 20 pages regarding hiding/attempting to change the past. If someone wishes to hide the positive connotations that can be more severe than the negative!

Similar Threads

  1. Ask me anything!
    By MonkeyGrass in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. If you could ask for anything at all this Christmas...
    By iwakar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. I am a female! Ask me anything :)
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. I am a male! Ask me anything!
    By Nillerz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Ask Me Anything
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO