User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Extremely interesting link is extremely interesting. Lessons learnt from the NASA heart* pump?
    I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.
    Indeed, a major pity, especially considering the results of the NASA programs such as the billions of dollars worth of satellites providing direct value to the economy daily never mind the indirect benefits of the scientific knowledge and advances.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

What was your last job Jim?

And what would be your ideal next job?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What was your last job Jim?

And what would be your ideal next job?
    My last job was as a petrol station attendant.

My ideal next job would be filthy rich playboy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":

Or Invisible Jim Crow?

What does your username represent to you?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":

Or Invisible Jim Crow?

What does your username represent to you?
    About 5 years, I worked there for about 3.

My favourite relative is my brother. We INTJ jive together and have very similar likes and dislikes and ways of viewing the world.

In part yes.

My username is a way for people to associate my actions and demeanor with me. It is a symbolic lodestone. The actual content and context of the username is unimportant. I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

@InvisibleJim
    I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.
    When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

Is your brother older or younger than you?

Who was your childhood hero?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

@InvisibleJim

When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

Is your brother older or younger than you?

Who was your childhood hero?
    LOL, no, that is my last long term job. I worked in a petrol station for 3 years, then for the 2 years afterwards I worked for during summers as an intern and wrote my thesis which was an industry placement. For the last 3 years after graduation I've been working consulting in the oil and gas industry in the UK and the middle east in numerous roles for the same company.

Chemical/process engineering isn't that hard, but I guess it is suited to my mindset.

Yes, because it loses the existing value in that name, it is more tricky when they continually change because they lose credibility.

My brother is older than me.

I don't/didn't have a childhood hero.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure.

Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned

Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure.

Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?
    Nope, I'm currently working on 3 contracts and I'm staff, not independent.

Yes, thats pretty old for career building, I'm 26.

I turn you back about 20 pages regarding hiding/attempting to change the past. If someone wishes to hide the positive connotations that can be more severe than the negative!