User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

Results 361 to 370 of 507

  1. #361
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    An interesting question! Technically 'most' of these apparent ineffiencies are efficent. e.g. we can 'survive' with one eye but two eyes provide depth perspection and an appreciation of 3D. Or say? Why have 4 fingers and 1 thumb when 3 fingers and 1 thumb is fine? Because there is an evolutionary advantage in being able to lose a finger but still function! Evolutionary enough for the 4th finger to survive and thrive, but not enough for 5!
    Interesting response.

    The main crucial systems I see are the brain and heart. But perhaps I am considering them more crucial because there is only one of them. Whereas organs like the Kidneys and lungs have a twin to take over as needed.

    Perhaps it simply comes down to efficient use of space and resources? I know that the brain takes up an insane amount of resources compared to everything else.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Interesting response.

    The main crucial systems I see are the brain and heart. But perhaps I am considering them more crucial because there is only one of them. Whereas organs like the Kidneys and lungs have a twin to take over as needed.

    Perhaps it simply comes down to efficient use of space and resources? I know that the brain takes up an insane amount of resources compared to everything else.
    When considering the duplication of kidneys and lungs, both are prone to infection. The heart and the brain are not!

  3. #363
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    When considering the duplication of kidneys and lungs, both are prone to infection. The heart and the brain are not!
    Ah, that makes sense!

    I know the brain has that blood-brain barrier as a protection. What does the heart have? All blood passes through the heart, and so many diseases/infections travel via the blood highway.

  4. #364
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    What I am saying is:

    • You are both "right" from your own perspective.
    • You are missing the points he is making with his Ni, and that is causing this "discussion" to stagnate into Ti "This is illogical" and Ni "I have stated this abstract internal concept as externally as I possibly can."


    I see a disconnect between both of you attempting to externalize your internal mode of processing to each other. I don't think IJ is trying to be as obtuse as he is coming off in his responses, Mac, I think that is how Ni operates. (I will be the first in line to say that I don't fully grasp what Ni is and does, so I am fully admitting to shooting in the dark here.)

    TL;DR: It's a pointless argument about nothing. On. The. Internet.
    The problem with INTJs is they only formulate one assesment of a situation. When an INTP then tells the INTJ "No thats not right" The usually default for INTJs is to magically also state it as facts, without realizing all the INTP wanted was a rephrase. (Its the same idea when INTP comes up with the idea first and the INTJ/XXXX critique it by using facts, "deductions" or the best one "thats just how it is" usually the INTP is not pushing for their own point of view by saying "No, I dont think thats right" but want the other person to truly voice their own thoughts and oppinions. Quoting a book is an insult to the INTP and the person quoting.)

  5. #365
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    The problem with INTJs is they only formulate one assesment of a situation. When an INTP then tells the INTJ "No thats not right" The usually default for INTJs is to magically also state it as facts, without realizing all the INTP wanted was a rephrase. (Its the same idea when INTP comes up with the idea first and the INTJ/XXXX critique it by using facts, "deductions" or the best one "thats just how it is" usually the INTP is not pushing for their own point of view by saying "No, I dont think thats right" but want the other person to truly voice their own thoughts and oppinions. Quoting a book is an insult to the INTP and the person quoting.)
    I get what you are saying because I operate similarly as an INFP.

    What I see is that both sides are complaining about how the other one operates with a "why can't he communicate to me via my preferred mode?" attitude. That is going to get you both exactly to where you are currently: The Land of Impasse, Population: Too Many To Count.

  6. #366
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Not when my posts are moved and molested explicitly without the request of other users. Therefore, no, you do not require a report for my business get interfered with.
    That's two different situations. How does the fact a mod takes initiative a few times, suddenly mean they see and understand what you want done with every post?

    When I was admin, I ignored somewhere around 98% of off-topic posts, despite the fact I created the off-topic thread to move them to. Without a complaint, I rarely moved anything, preferring to ignore it. That is, if I actually read them, I skim many posts.

    Given that:

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Therefore the answer to your question:

    Is that I feel persecuted because I have seen evidence that routinely shows I have been dealt with unfairly.
    Why are you so certain treatment of that specific post is evidence of persecution and not simply inattention or laziness? Why does that warrant the conclusion of persecution? Is it possible you are wrong in this specific instance and simply came to your conclusion from your own bias?

    Doesn't a paranoid think that everyone is out to get him/her based on the most innocuous social exchanges?

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ah, that makes sense!

    I know the brain has that blood-brain barrier as a protection. What does the heart have? All blood passes through the heart, and so many diseases/infections travel via the blood highway.
    And so do lots of white blood cells!

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why are you so certain treatment of that specific post is evidence of persecution and not simply inattention or laziness? Why does that warrant the conclusion of persecution? Is it possible you are wrong in this specific instance and simply came to your conclusion from your own bias?

    Doesn't a paranoid think that everyone is out to get him/her based on the most innocuous social exchanges?
    I have already provided evidence from the staff saying they are unwilling to do anything about it. Did you actually read my posts? If it's a one way dialogue with you talking but not hearing then you can jog on, because there is no point asking a question if you don't care to listen to the answer.

  8. #368
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I get what you are saying because I operate similarly as an INFP.

    What I see is that both sides are complaining about how the other one operates with a "why can't he communicate to me via my preferred mode?" attitude. That is going to get you both exactly to where you are currently: The Land of Impasse, Population: Too Many To Count.
    Yes to the last I can see that. And I understand that sometimes one should understand what one is really asking for before going "No, thats not right" And say "Please rephrase that because Im not going to accept what you just said". True.

  9. #369
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I have already provided evidence from the staff saying they are unwilling to do anything about it. Did you actually read my posts? If it's a one way dialogue with you talking but not hearing then you can jog on, because there is no point asking a question if you don't care to listen to the answer.
    With that specific post?

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    With that specific post?
    Yes. I could also point you to several posts from Jennifer or Kasper on your request. However, since you are unwilling to consider 1 datapoint is greater than 0 datapoints, I see little value in providing you 1,000,000 datapoints against the time I would have to invest to do so. If you wish to find the evidence you will. If you do not you won't. I'm not going to play mailman at a measurable opportunity cost.

    Therefore, you have four possible outcomes open to you.

    a) You can ignore this conversation and leave in perpetual bliss.
    b) You can investigate and ignore the evidence and leave in perpetual bliss.
    c) You can investigate and decided that the this is 'par for the course' and 'fair' when considering the treatment of others and therefore concede that the moderation is a complete failure
    d) You can investigate and decide that this is specifically biased and that this is a least worst option to c.

    Enjoy. Consider that I can only enjoy Options C and D. Aren't I a very nice member that I do not consider the moderation to be a complete failure, merely a biased one? As Saturned whispers: 'Optimist'.

Similar Threads

  1. Ask me anything!
    By MonkeyGrass in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. If you could ask for anything at all this Christmas...
    By iwakar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. I am a female! Ask me anything :)
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. I am a male! Ask me anything!
    By Nillerz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Ask Me Anything
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO