User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 507

  1. #131
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm not talking about friendship, simply casual social interaction (I'm not sure what else to call this). I'm fairly certain you would not complain about a type if you didn't have real life experience with that type.
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    There is a difference?
    I've quoted this conversation for clarity, so that I can better communicate what I'm attempting to ask. My original question wasn't meant to assume anything about the way you select your friends; in fact, I would venture to guess that the majority of your negative opinions about INTPs don't come from observing your friends, but from observing those individuals with which you only have casual or fleeting interaction.

    Through my observations of you on this forum, I notice that you seem to hold INTJs in high regard, and tend to display a distate for INTPs (whether this is actually how you feel is another story). My question was an attempt at figuring out what substantive differences there are between INTJs and INTPs (in your experience) which causes you to feel so differently about the two types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Through my observations of you on this forum, I notice that you seem to hold INTJs in high regard, and tend to display a distate for INTPs (whether this is actually how you feel is another story). My question was an attempt at figuring out what substantive differences there are between INTJs and INTPs (in your experience) which causes you to feel so differently about the two types.
    You state that I tend to hold INTJs in high regard. There are only 2 'real' 'active' INTJs, I can think of, Uumlau and Oakysage. In that case: I like the clarity of communication from Uumlau. I like the visual imagery which Oakysage communicates with.

  3. #133
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I used the wrong term, I was intending to point out that logical pathways followed by the INTP type are insular to discussion with others; whether you consider the method useful to you is your concern.
    What would the right term be?

    How do the logical pathways that the INTP type use relate to wolfy's question about the differences between ISFP and ISTP?

    Is the usefulness of a method as much my concern as it yours when you are the one using it?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  4. #134
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You state that I tend to hold INTJs in high regard. There are only 2 'real' 'active' INTJs, I can think of, Uumlau and Oakysage. In that case: I like the clarity of communication from Uumlau. I like the visual imagery which Oakysage communicates with.
    I haven't really observed you expressing positive feelings for any particular INTJ, but when you talk about INTJs and INTPs in the abstract, your tonality and and content tend to be markedly more negative when referring to the latter. Since most of the type descriptions I've read are generally very positive, and since many of your ideas are unique (I haven't heard them expressed elsewhere on the net) I just assumed that they were based upon some empirical evidence or perhaps a consequence of some abstract reasoning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    What would the right term be?

    How do the logical pathways that the INTP type use relate to wolfy's question about the differences between ISFP and ISTP?

    Is the usefulness of a method as much my concern as it yours when you are the one using it?
    1) Whatever you want it to be, how does one translate a thought to speech?
    2) I don't know.
    3) It's doesn't need to be your concern, however it is your choice. You are unlikely to ever see the method as I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I haven't really observed you expressing positive feelings for any particular INTJ, but when you talk about INTJs and INTPs in the abstract, your tonality and and content tend to be markedly more negative when referring to the latter. Since most of the type descriptions I've read are generally very positive, and since many of your ideas are unique (I haven't heard them expressed elsewhere on the net) I just assumed that they were based upon some empirical evidence or perhaps a consequence of some abstract reasoning.
    Most of my experiences with INTPs are generally negative against my values; they make poor colleagues, poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and to be honest weak friends. Therefore my opinions are based upon all of these factors. However, since before you asked for particulars and then stated you 'hadn't seen it anyway' I'm going to cut the crap. You are INTP. What is the answer you want to hear because otherwise you are just going to keep rolling the dice and hope to hear it.

  6. #136
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Most of my experiences with INTPs are generally negative against my values; they make poor colleagues, poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and to be honest weak friends. Therefore my opinions are based upon all of these factors. However, since before you asked for particulars and then stated you 'hadn't seen it anyway' I'm going to cut the crap. You are INTP. What is the answer you want to hear because otherwise you are just going to keep rolling the dice and hope to hear it.
    Thanks for continuing to work with me here. It isn't that I wanted a particular answer, but that I wanted a particular kind of answer (that is, the answer to my question, or at least to the question I was attempting to ask). You've provided some additional information with this latest answer in the form of reasons why you have a distate for INTPs. However, the primary purpose of my inquisition is to get an idea of the contrasts you've observed between INTPs and INTJs which make the former poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and weak friends; and presumably which make the latter better businessmen, better managers, better forum moderators and better friends.

    I understand that my questions aren't marked by the frivolity that most here are, and I know you might not be inclined to answer because, frankly, these take deeper thought, and thought is only worthwhile if the topic is of interest. However, I appreciate what you've answered so far and enjoy hearing your perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I understand that my questions aren't marked by the frivolity that most here are, and I know you might not be inclined to answer because, frankly, these take deeper thought, and thought is only worthwhile if the topic is of interest. However, I appreciate what you've answered so far and enjoy hearing your perspective.
    I appreciate the least frivolous questions the most.

    However, as I said above, there is nothing worse than but... but... but... but...

    A clear concise question will earn a clear concise response

    If you are unsure what the question you are asking actually is then it is usually best to engage brain and disengage vocal chords until the question has matured like a fine wine.

  8. #138
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Do you think humility in the face of truth is a sign of weakness or strength?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Do you think humility in the face of truth is a sign of weakness or strength?
    Strength

  10. #140
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    How you and I communicate:

    1: What is your favorite color?

    2: You assume that I'm not colorblind. It is interesting how those individuals who can see color automatically presume that everyone else can as well.

    1: Oh, sorry. Are you completely colorblind or only partially colorblind; and if only partially, do you have a favorite color from the ones you can see?

    2: I didn't say I was colorblind, only that you assumed I wasn't colorblind. Now you're assuming I am colorblind. You ask too many questions.

    1: Sorry, I was just curious about whether you appreciated a particular color more than others, I didn't mean to cause you displeasure.

    2: Society wasn't build with good intentions, it was built with hard work. Try harder to have your intentions match your results, ok?

    1: Okay.


    How we could communicate:

    1: What is your favorite color?

    2: Blue.

    1: Thanks.


    Why can't we do this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Ask me anything!
    By MonkeyGrass in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. If you could ask for anything at all this Christmas...
    By iwakar in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. I am a female! Ask me anything :)
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
  4. I am a male! Ask me anything!
    By Nillerz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Ask Me Anything
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO