• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The INTJ nature on forums (and in life?)

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi,

First of all, this post is not meant be read provocation or anything like that. I am just trying to understand what I have discovered. And I am sure my fellow INTJ _should_ be ok with that :)

So, I am an INTJ. According to the test, my preferences are something like this:
I 75%, E 25%
N 67%, S 33%
T 75%, F 25%
J 67%, P 33%

When reading forum discussions regarding INTJs, I can't help wondering this: Are all other INTJs totally stubborn about being INTJ and never make use of their non-preferred functions?

I mean, most discussions I have read give me the impression that the INTJ are such proud of their natural virtues (which may be seen as flaws by others) that they never stop to think if they could develop the more "society-oriented" sides of them. This image of INTJs that I have perceived is far too often such strong that I even start to wonder whether I want to reveal my being INTJ at all now that I would then just risk getting a lot of prejudices from non-INTJ people...

It's not that I am not mature or that I am not proud of what I am. I definitely am (well, I guess shouldn't judge my matureness myself :p ). It's just that I surprinsingly often feel myself an outsider when reading INTJ discussions.

I apologize the rush I had when writing this, a fact that might have made my post more harsh than I meant to....

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You shouldn't apologize for seeming harsh, because nothing about that seems harsh. In fact, it hits the heart of the matter: that some people try too hard to lock themselves into an ideal ( in this case, type). I've seen every type fall victim to this, but in particular, like you, I noticed that it was pretty common among forum INTJs.

Not every INTJ is this extreme. I am certainly not the proud, aloof, robot of a tech genius that plenty of self-identified INTJs take pride in being. In fact, I spent a bit of time browsing around some INTJ forums and decided that I was probably NOT an INTJ, because there was no way in hell I (or anyone else I've ever met, for that matter!) was that extreme. A bit more research later, and I came to the conclusion that I was actually an INTJ, just not one who was consciously trying to fit that extreme stereotype.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got some good news!

None of you limp wristed Feeler posers are actually INTJ.
Eventually, you'll either figure out that you are of a different type, or decide that MBTI "doesn't really work". In either case, you won't have to carry the burden of being a "mild mannered INTJ" for too long.

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
If you can postrationalize 27 ways to remain locked indoors after a friend invites you to come out, you are most definitely an INTJ.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I got some good news!

Eventually, you'll either figure out that you are of a different type, or decide that MBTI "doesn't really work". In either case, you won't have to carry the burden of being a "mild mannered INTJ" for too long.

Fantastic, I have some even better news!

Installing yourself as the gatekeeper of all that you percieve as INTJ and holy does not make you any more of a hardcore INTJ.

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
Fantastic, I have some even better news!

Installing yourself as the gatekeeper of all that you percieve as INTJ and holy does not make you any more of a hardcore INTJ.

His avatar screams Ni humour... so we can give him some credit.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
A lot of immature INTJs are doing everything they can to protect their gooey center. If they can rationalize their problems as "just being INTJ" then they don't have to accept their weaknesses and work on them. This is especially true when it comes to emotional/social problems, because it's easy to use the INTJ excuse. The more "INTJ" you are, the more acceptable it is to have a shitty social/emotional life.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'd hazard to say his entire post may well have had a cynically jovial tone, silly NTs. *pat*

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When reading forum discussions regarding INTJs, I can't help wondering this: Are all other INTJs totally stubborn about being INTJ and never make use of their non-preferred functions?

I mean, most discussions I have read give me the impression that the INTJ are such proud of their natural virtues (which may be seen as flaws by others) that they never stop to think if they could develop the more "society-oriented" sides of them. This image of INTJs that I have perceived is far too often such strong that I even start to wonder whether I want to reveal my being INTJ at all now that I would then just risk getting a lot of prejudices from non-INTJ people...
Everyone uses every function, INTJs included. We don't always use them -- especially our non-preferred ones -- well or even consciously, but they are there and they will come into play sooner or later. Yes, some INTJs do not see any utility in becoming more proficient with functions beyond Ni and Te, including those functions that relate to being more social. This perspective is supported by the evidence of just how far we can get using mainly these two. INTJs, however, are by no means the only type who deliberately neglect to develop other valuable abilities. Witness the large number of people who are proud of their inability to do the simplest math.

The key to all this is balance, and by that I am not suggesting that anyone should develop all their functions equally. It is helpful to work on one's weaknesses to the point where they cease to be a significant impediment to achieving our greater goals, but not to the point where we start to neglect our strengths. I have been involved in some forum discussions where INTJs rightly take umbrage at the expectation that we go beyond this point. We are not ESFJs and never will be. Urging us to become something we are not is an insulting exercise in futility.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Did you hear that, mujigay?
SCREAMS IT.

Now give me your fake INTJ ID before I call the MBTI Police.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I got some good news!

I was going to say something similar. Unfortunately I realized it was a waste of time.

Theres nothing worse than blatant Fe fail to show a lack of INTJ in a post.

Hey I'm INTJ but LOOK AT MAH POLR, LOOK AT ME USE IT LIKE ITS MY PARENT FUNCTION!

gjfhjgjghjhjfhgfg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait..did I log onto the wrong forum? This isn't INTPc, is it? :huh:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I have nothing more to say other than that the INTP and then ISFP masquerade problem is a frequently encountered and annoying one. People who don't understand that Fe does not an INTJ make and also the SFP->NTJ flip are just unlearned.

My next trick will be to point out 'INTJs' who spend their time creating question threads with wide remits in an attempt to exercise their IxTP parent functions.

uncommonentity

I lol'd. IN MAI INTJ WERLD IN MAI INTJ YUNYVERSE. One of my main goals is to have mad skills in every friggin arena possible. It's gonna take an awful long time. It might even see me through to death but that's what prioritizing is for. I mean, I'd like to learn everything there is to learn on earth but I mean I'm going to put construction before learning to blow bubbles out of my ass as I'd rather learn to build a house. I might be setting the bar a little high here but INTJ's aren't stubborn we're just slow with things we don't really give a fuck about. One of us could wake up tomorrow and be the best party boy that ever lived purely cause we wanted to but another INTJ in another country might put boat building at the top of his to-do list. If there's one thing we can agree on it's that everything is dependent. Nothing is solidified. Other than the obvious, anything is obtainable to us if we really want it and put the work in.

Within

Permabanned
Are all other INTJs totally stubborn about being INTJ and never make use of their non-preferred functions?

olsl.gif

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to learn everything there is to learn on earth but I mean I'm going to put construction before learning to blow bubbles out of my ass as I'd rather learn to build a house. I might be setting the bar a little high here but INTJ's aren't stubborn we're just slow with things we don't really give a fuck about. One of us could wake up tomorrow and be the best party boy that ever lived purely cause we wanted to but another INTJ in another country might put boat building at the top of his to-do list. If there's one thing we can agree on it's that everything is dependent. Nothing is solidified. Other than the obvious, anything is obtainable to us if we really want it and put the work in.

the fast INTJ test:

If you keep torturing yourself to reach you predetermined goal, despite you deep within knowing this will never work
->indicates INTJ

because..your only guaranteed a failure if you give up. (sounds wrong... is that the correct grammar?)

You stop doing the things you like because you have decided that it will not get you anywhere.
->indicates INTJ

You denies praise and god words. because YOU jugdes that best.. sometimes with a instant (pfft!) and/or discomfort and/or denial of it being some good work.
->indicates INTJ

Some of theses things might kick inn late tho. young guns.. remember that.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Did you hear that, mujigay?
SCREAMS IT.

Now give me your fake INTJ ID before I call the MBTI Police.

You can have it.

I have now decided that I am an xxxx, therefore superior to all you pathetic INTJs. HAH.