User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default The INTJ nature on forums (and in life?)

Hi,

First of all, this post is not meant be read provocation or anything like that. I am just trying to understand what I have discovered. And I am sure my fellow INTJ _should_ be ok with that

So, I am an INTJ. According to the test, my preferences are something like this:
    I 75%, E 25%
    N 67%, S 33%
    T 75%, F 25%
    J 67%, P 33%

When reading forum discussions regarding INTJs, I can't help wondering this: Are all other INTJs totally stubborn about being INTJ and never make use of their non-preferred functions?

I mean, most discussions I have read give me the impression that the INTJ are such proud of their natural virtues (which may be seen as flaws by others) that they never stop to think if they could develop the more "society-oriented" sides of them. This image of INTJs that I have perceived is far too often such strong that I even start to wonder whether I want to reveal my being INTJ at all now that I would then just risk getting a lot of prejudices from non-INTJ people...

It's not that I am not mature or that I am not proud of what I am. I definitely am (well, I guess shouldn't judge my matureness myself :P ). It's just that I surprinsingly often feel myself an outsider when reading INTJ discussions.

I apologize the rush I had when writing this, a fact that might have made my post more harsh than I meant to....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

You shouldn't apologize for seeming harsh, because nothing about that seems harsh. In fact, it hits the heart of the matter: that some people try too hard to lock themselves into an ideal ( in this case, type). I've seen every type fall victim to this, but in particular, like you, I noticed that it was pretty common among forum INTJs.

Not every INTJ is this extreme. I am certainly not the proud, aloof, robot of a tech genius that plenty of self-identified INTJs take pride in being. In fact, I spent a bit of time browsing around some INTJ forums and decided that I was probably NOT an INTJ, because there was no way in hell I (or anyone else I've ever met, for that matter!) was that extreme. A bit more research later, and I came to the conclusion that I was actually an INTJ, just not one who was consciously trying to fit that extreme stereotype.

MBTI
    INTJ

I got some good news!

None of you limp wristed Feeler posers are actually INTJ.
    Eventually, you'll either figure out that you are of a different type, or decide that MBTI "doesn't really work". In either case, you won't have to carry the burden of being a "mild mannered INTJ" for too long.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

If you can postrationalize 27 ways to remain locked indoors after a friend invites you to come out, you are most definitely an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I got some good news!

None of you limp wristed Feeler posers are actually INTJ.
    Eventually, you'll either figure out that you are of a different type, or decide that MBTI "doesn't really work". In either case, you won't have to carry the burden of being a "mild mannered INTJ" for too long.
    Fantastic, I have some even better news!

Installing yourself as the gatekeeper of all that you percieve as INTJ and holy does not make you any more of a hardcore INTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    Fantastic, I have some even better news!

Installing yourself as the gatekeeper of all that you percieve as INTJ and holy does not make you any more of a hardcore INTJ.
    His avatar screams Ni humour... so we can give him some credit.

MBTI
    INTJ

A lot of immature INTJs are doing everything they can to protect their gooey center. If they can rationalize their problems as "just being INTJ" then they don't have to accept their weaknesses and work on them. This is especially true when it comes to emotional/social problems, because it's easy to use the INTJ excuse. The more "INTJ" you are, the more acceptable it is to have a shitty social/emotional life.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    I'd hazard to say his entire post may well have had a cynically jovial tone, silly NTs. *pat*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    When reading forum discussions regarding INTJs, I can't help wondering this: Are all other INTJs totally stubborn about being INTJ and never make use of their non-preferred functions?

I mean, most discussions I have read give me the impression that the INTJ are such proud of their natural virtues (which may be seen as flaws by others) that they never stop to think if they could develop the more "society-oriented" sides of them. This image of INTJs that I have perceived is far too often such strong that I even start to wonder whether I want to reveal my being INTJ at all now that I would then just risk getting a lot of prejudices from non-INTJ people...
    Everyone uses every function, INTJs included. We don't always use them -- especially our non-preferred ones -- well or even consciously, but they are there and they will come into play sooner or later. Yes, some INTJs do not see any utility in becoming more proficient with functions beyond Ni and Te, including those functions that relate to being more social. This perspective is supported by the evidence of just how far we can get using mainly these two. INTJs, however, are by no means the only type who deliberately neglect to develop other valuable abilities. Witness the large number of people who are proud of their inability to do the simplest math.

The key to all this is balance, and by that I am not suggesting that anyone should develop all their functions equally. It is helpful to work on one's weaknesses to the point where they cease to be a significant impediment to achieving our greater goals, but not to the point where we start to neglect our strengths. I have been involved in some forum discussions where INTJs rightly take umbrage at the expectation that we go beyond this point. We are not ESFJs and never will be. Urging us to become something we are not is an insulting exercise in futility.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    Did you hear that, mujigay?
    SCREAMS IT.

Now give me your fake INTJ ID before I call the MBTI Police.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.