User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Default What MBTI types are most likely to pursue further knowledge of MBTI and personality?

The amount of energy I have to expend to divert the 'S' type folks' attention towards the MBTI has left me exhausted. I don't know of many who have further pursued it with any naturally-occuring, genuine interest in educating themselves about personality types. Whether it be for self-help or something to read on the shitter (pending you are using a mobile source for your viewing pleasure, although the motivation for that is questionable), I find that N types seem to generally question themselves and the "genetic makeup" of the human's cognitive existence in general.

Although I am quite aware that most of you have read this and said to yourself: "that's a rather simple conclusion, what a stupid ENTP", I put this in perspective for you:

Perhaps the only valuable argument to counter this is that we're simply more... interesting? (Don't tell me there are two threads that happen to be on fire in both sections thanks).

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    Although I am quite aware that most of you have read this and said to yourself: "that's a rather simple conclusion, what a stupid ENTP"
    Now that you mention it . . .

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

You are an extinct form of Jaguar indeed.

Ginkgo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't think it's necessarily something attributed to type as much as it is attributed to interests. I can't say that I'm more interested in MBTI because I use forums and talk about it, since most of the people I know think forums are boring and redundant (and they're kind of right for the most part). We all question ourselves and why we are the way we are, but some of us do it for a while longer than others, some of us never seem to stick to it, and some of us are happy just learning things and then never looking back at them until it comes up in conversation.

And Ns being more interesting? I don't know about that. Am I more interesting than an SJ or SP? That depends who you ask.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

On that note, your post made me think of this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    On that note, your post made me think of this right here.
    Thanks for pointing us to a post made by a smart young lady:

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet
    A dumb and imbalanced N just assumes everything/ reads into everything without having any knowledge to back it up and is inaccurate half the time.
    A dumb S will collect facts all day and not be able to draw conclusions about them. Accurate, but slow on the uptake.

A smart and balanced anybody should be able to do both. They will value both areas, the whole scientific process. (In even daily life decisions.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

I think its safe to say the N-types who agree with this love themselves quite a bit. :P

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    I think its safe to say the N-types who agree with this love themselves quite a bit. :P
    You said it. Not anyone else.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlrP8_lk-Y"]Shikaka[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The fact that the numbers in each forum are always so vastly different says something............about something. It certainly does not say that one type is *more interesting* than another. But, if you consistently have 100 N's and 20 S's browsing (not just one time, but it's almost always like this), those are statistically significant numbers. That's a big difference - 5 times as many N's as S's - and what makes it even more significant is that there are many more S's walking around than there are N's. All else equal, the numbers should be reversed.

So, I can't speculate on what those numbers mean or what exactly they suggest about S's or N's, but it means something - even if it's something stupid like "N's browse the internet more" or whatever.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay