User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 73

  1. #61
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome.
    I think everyone with any sense needs to do this. Everyone refines and fine tunes things to create a better outcome, unless they have some screws missing. It's called a learning curve.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  2. #62
    Junior Member NickNaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Is knowledge ahead or is it in the past?
    It is in the past.
    Is further knowledge ahead then?
    *cracks knuckles*

    Is a your picture of a house cat? If so, I must say, it is a beautiful cat indeed.
    Does a house cat roam in the wild?
    House cats roam in a house.
    Does a wild cat roam in the house? Perhaps after it has been domesticated. HOWEVER, the feline pictured in your avatar would explain otherwise.
    In this case, does "wildcat" and "housecat" draw a direct connection (not an Ne one, mind you)?
    If this is the case, I find it highly illogical that your username is "wildcat", with a contradictory picture to "match".
    After all, you aren't driving me wild.

  3. #63
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting here the possibility that unintelligent NT's don't exist..
    they do.. & it's about as painful a sight to behold as a callous NF or scaredcat xSTP..
    Silence, witch! We will have none of your idealistic forest frolicks of nudity in this thread!

  4. #64
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    *sigh* I'll get the torches ready... Another protestor burnt at the stake.

  5. #65
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    *cracks knuckles*

    Is a your picture of a house cat? If so, I must say, it is a beautiful cat indeed.
    Does a house cat roam in the wild?
    House cats roam in a house.
    Does a wild cat roam in the house? Perhaps after it has been domesticated. HOWEVER, the feline pictured in your avatar would explain otherwise.
    In this case, does "wildcat" and "housecat" draw a direct connection (not an Ne one, mind you)?
    If this is the case, I find it highly illogical that your username is "wildcat", with a contradictory picture to "match".
    After all, you aren't driving me wild.
    wildcat puts you to shame being himself.

    He's actually on topic and you're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome. We do alot of our learning via strict observation of others. We sit on a fence and stare at the people who are failing and come to a solution in our minds then we jump off of that fence and apply the solution. To everyone else it looks like we seemingly have a natural talent but we just stared at the modern mans rubix cube a little longer and figured it out. We've a less hands on approach and a more head on approach. Think before you act and all that.

    I disagree with only seeing black and white. If we only saw black and white we'd probably enjoy ourselves alot more than we do. Not all the colours in the world are pretty and sometimes it's best not to look into discovering them all because once you've discovered truth about something it's almost impossible to turn a blind eye. Finding things out about the world that change your entire perspective is similar to a child discovering that Santa Claus isn't real. The magic surrounding certain events fade to black and the excitement is impossible to regain. You might find a bunch of INTx's that will tell you ignorance is bliss but you'll also find a bunch that will tell you that knowledge is peace of mind. We seek truth, we seek facts. We couldn't give less of a fuck about the abstract unless we'd all become artists over scientists.
    Don't you feel embarrassed sounding like a "sensor"? After all, intuitives prefer abstract perception. Amirite?

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    All the OP proves is that many people have typed themselves as Intuitives, not that they actually are.

  7. #67
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Oh and my favorite tidbit to add to this is that some people on PersN have Jung typed as ISTP.

    Isn't that scintillating? What if the original theory was created by an ISTP?

    How embarrassing for all of the N snobs...

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh and my favorite tidbit to add to this is that some people on PersN have Jung typed as ISTP.

    Isn't that scintillating? What if the original theory was created by an ISTP?

    How embarrassing for all of the N snobs...
    In real terms Jung was certainly a Ti type; I've never read anything approaching concise from Jung. Whether he has Ne or Se auxiliary I cannot determine.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    All the OP proves is that many people have typed themselves as Intuitives, not that they actually are.
    in·tu·i·tion

    1.
    direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

    Any human being has the ability to be intuitive. That would be true whether MBTI existed or not. If you think an MBTI "intuitive" and a person who is truly intuitive are one and the same, you are sadly mistaken.
    The future is for the unafraid.

  10. #70
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    in·tu·i·tion

    1.
    direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

    Any human being has the ability to be intuitive. That would be true whether MBTI existed or not. If you think an MBTI "intuitive" and a person who is truly intuitive are one and the same, you are sadly mistaken.
    When did I ever say they were one in the same? I have frequently on this board clarified the difference between the two things, which is why I capitalized the word.

Similar Threads

  1. Which types are most likely to acquire eating disorders?
    By KiwiBurst in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
  2. Bad drivers? Which types are most likely to be ... ?!
    By KatharineML in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 01:32 AM
  3. What type is most likely to think they are every type?
    By sillyface in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  4. What type is most likely to be a collector of Dr. Who memorabilia
    By highlander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Which types are most likely to nag?
    By Soar337 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO