User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 73

  1. #51
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    @ICUP, I've read your post and found it confusing and not exactly relating my question. If Mary Jane was being tactful, what is her motivation for doing so? Unless she told you, you'd have no idea of what her motivation was and what type she is. And even if she told you her type, there's no way you'd be able to accurately figure out her motivation.

    There's no correlation between MBTI and motive. Behaviour might display some correlation but for certain, this isn't a one-to-one comparative.
    The question was a bit vague to me.
    That example does not prove there is no correlation between motive and type. Just because there might be no correlation between one example of a motive and mbti, that doesn't mean there is no correlation between ANY motives and type. There are.
    I expect that some people will see it, and some won't, and that's ok with me.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  2. #52
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I imagine a philosopher has asked "What is color?"

    Is he S or N?

  3. #53
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I imagine a philosopher has asked "What is color?"

    Is he S or N?
    S.

    An N would have asked "What are colors?".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #54
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Exactly. Profundity of thought comes from both sides of the fence. And it's all theory because when you ask questions like that there are no concrete answers, which begs the point it's not about content, but what motivated the content.

  5. #55
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Profundity of thought comes from both sides of the fence. And it's all theory because when you ask questions like that there are no concrete answers, which begs the point it's not about content, but what motivated the content.
    I like this.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #56
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    S.

    An N would have asked "What are colors?".
    Or, perhaps, "how do you define color in such a way that captures the essence of one's experience of color, and requires no shared experience to express that essential understanding?"

  7. #57
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    You're all wrong a real N does only see black and white ( there is profound profundity in that statement, find it ! )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #58
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You're all wrong a real N does only see black and white ( there is profound profundity in that statement, find it ! )
    Meh, too lazy

  9. #59
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Well on one hand the N does only see black and white cause he has no emphasis on colors. While on the other hand he likes to categorize all of humanity into 16 functions only and judge them thru his black and white glasses for their profoundness and abstract vision towards things assuming that his abstract vision of the World is for real and not the end result of a druggy party that went wrong badly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #60
    Senior Member uncommonentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But lets say you are in a management position, maybe middle-management boss of 50 people. You have a son of age ten and a daughter who is seven. A lovely wife that not to rarely demands your attention and a work schedule that is loaded with tasks from 6 am till 8 pm. Wouldnt you then kinda set ever recurring behaviors to just deal with things faster and with less work, as opposed to reviewing every single case everytime with uttmost precision and deep thought ? Wouldnt you agree that if things and processes are to work then you need to be a little less profound with things and maybe even in some cases do it after the same pattern so you are able to cope with things at all ?

    then imagine that 18 year old college student, who has lots of time and needs to care for nobody, has no responsibilities and does his first internship in your company. That he comes to you and says: "hey boss you are a sensor, I'll never become like you". Do you think thats fair or that the claim is even realistic ? I dont
    The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome. We do alot of our learning via strict observation of others. We sit on a fence and stare at the people who are failing and come to a solution in our minds then we jump off of that fence and apply the solution. To everyone else it looks like we seemingly have a natural talent but we just stared at the modern mans rubix cube a little longer and figured it out. We've a less hands on approach and a more head on approach. Think before you act and all that.

    I disagree with only seeing black and white. If we only saw black and white we'd probably enjoy ourselves alot more than we do. Not all the colours in the world are pretty and sometimes it's best not to look into discovering them all because once you've discovered truth about something it's almost impossible to turn a blind eye. Finding things out about the world that change your entire perspective is similar to a child discovering that Santa Claus isn't real. The magic surrounding certain events fade to black and the excitement is impossible to regain. You might find a bunch of INTx's that will tell you ignorance is bliss but you'll also find a bunch that will tell you that knowledge is peace of mind. We seek truth, we seek facts. We couldn't give less of a fuck about the abstract unless we'd all become artists over scientists.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Similar Threads

  1. Which types are most likely to acquire eating disorders?
    By KiwiBurst in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
  2. Bad drivers? Which types are most likely to be ... ?!
    By KatharineML in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 01:32 AM
  3. What type is most likely to think they are every type?
    By sillyface in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  4. What type is most likely to be a collector of Dr. Who memorabilia
    By highlander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Which types are most likely to nag?
    By Soar337 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO