User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI is deeply rooted in theory. Sensors are less interested in (less capable of, in my opinion) theoretical insight and so generally abstain from such.

Let's face it: one group of humanity is not evolving at the same rate as another.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

I find that sensors prefer to see what they want to see and the intuitive prefer to find out what is actually there. MTBI to me is all about finding out what is actually there. Sensory & Feeling types tend to put their suspicions, assumptions & emotions over science & math until they get hurt enough times to want to pursue the gritty facts. I think honestly any type will seek out more if they feel inclined to but NT's are more the type to be like 'wait a minute, what the fuck is this shit?' and check it out. I mean our nature to check things out and analyze the property of things beyond face value is the reason we're supposedly intelligent to begin with. We don't just look at something. We look deep into things. We perform mental alchemy with an encyclopedia of gathered ingredients.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I hope you're not suggesting here the possibility that unintelligent NT's don't exist..
    they do.. & it's about as painful a sight to behold as a callous NF or scaredcat xSTP..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Banned

Considering the very low claimed probability of Ni dominance (2% of population) is Ni and its associated types INTJ and INFJ merely a purely theoretical construct and in reality a statistical error?

What does this mean for Ne?!

*wiggles eyebrows*

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Considering the very low claimed probability of Ni dominance (2% of population) is Ni and its associated types INTJ and INFJ merely a purely theoretical construct and in reality a statistical error?

What does this mean for Ne?!

*wiggles eyebrows*
    Wrong thread?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    I find that sensors prefer to see what they want to see and the intuitive prefer to find out what is actually there. MTBI to me is all about finding out what is actually there.
    Do you believe in what you see ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Do you believe in what you see ?
    Not at first glance.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Not at first glance.
    Then why do you think sensors would ? maybe that what they want to see nowadays is the result of a decision they've made in the past ? The dangers in trieing to see everything are often the loss of sanity, I've seen it happen too often in my life. Maybe sensors are happy with the way things are. How would a world look like in which everybody would see and who could we accuse then to be blind ? isnt it more noble to search for the truth within ourselves and thru the reflection of us through others, than to criticize other peoples world image ?

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Then why do you think sensors would ? maybe that what they want to see nowadays is the result of a decision they've made in the past ? The dangers in trieing to see everything are often the loss of sanity, I've seen it happen too often in my life. Maybe sensors are happy with the way things are. How would a world look like in which everybody would see and who could we accuse then to be blind ? isnt it more noble to search for the truth within ourselves and thru the reflection of us through others, than to criticize other peoples world image ?
    To me you can't really base your future off your past. By that I mean just because things have happened once doesn't necessarily mean they're going to happen again. Sure, they might but allowing an occurance of your past to affect future decisions to me is a dick move. Sure, it's a safe move but alot of the greater things in life come at the price of taking a risk and in assuming that something new isn't going to go the same way as something did before. To me, it's better to have an element of faith in something turning out differently even if all ingredients are the same you'll never bake an absolutely identical cake. I do fully agree with how you touched on the loss of sanity. You can really lose your mind if you go too far. But again, some of the biggest discoveries/inventions of mankind have come from those the majority thought to be insane. I'm not criticizing the sensory but I do believe they're not doing themselves any favours viewing the world through the eyes of an optimist. I've seen so many xSFx types get completely trampled on because they didn't look hard enough at who they were dealing with.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

But lets say you are in a management position, maybe middle-management boss of 50 people. You have a son of age ten and a daughter who is seven. A lovely wife that not to rarely demands your attention and a work schedule that is loaded with tasks from 6 am till 8 pm. Wouldnt you then kinda set ever recurring behaviors to just deal with things faster and with less work, as opposed to reviewing every single case everytime with uttmost precision and deep thought ? Wouldnt you agree that if things and processes are to work then you need to be a little less profound with things and maybe even in some cases do it after the same pattern so you are able to cope with things at all ?

then imagine that 18 year old college student, who has lots of time and needs to care for nobody, has no responsibilities and does his first internship in your company. That he comes to you and says: "hey boss you are a sensor, I'll never become like you". Do you think thats fair or that the claim is even realistic ? I dont